shopping cart empty
Interesting idea
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/2/2020 8:21:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
+1 details
I agree with you, forgot to mention that I do not use the type of mesh usually included in the package. I use traditional 350 or 400 mesh that I still have in abundance from the times when ss mesh ruled the genesis style atomizers (2014-2015). with this type of mesh the flavour is different. The new mesh is pointless IMHO as the flavour and general perception is very similar to traditional coils and what I am after is dry type of vapour , one can achieve that only by using very fine mesh or thin wire. I'll be using with this one 400 mesh at max 10W as everything above 20W for me is the sign of insanity and it's a wrong path taken by vaping industry in general.
#12 (permalink)      1/2/2020 8:50:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3898
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4228
+1 details
filorp wrote:
[quote]

from the times when ss mesh ruled the genesis style atomizers (2014-2015).

The Genesis type attys is what prevented me from trying the new mesh attys. I had an original Sat22, and hated using the mesh. drilled bigger holes in it and converted it to a vertical coil.

I do use the 400 stainless mesh in the newer attys. it has twice the resistance, and other than heating up faster, (cooling faster too)and using less power, I find no real difference.

I was surprised that the Ni mesh it came with was tasteless. I can usually taste Ni.

Otherwise, the flavor it produces is accurate. Like vaping through a pair of Koss ESP/9Bs.
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#13 (permalink)      1/2/2020 9:09:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
+1 details
OneBadwolf wrote:

I find no real difference.

Well I did, fine mesh heats up eliquid instantaneously evenly with entire surface vs slower with mostly middle of the mesh just like regular coil. Must agree with NICR mesh I thought it was just me...

#14 (permalink)      1/2/2020 8:14:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3163
+1 details
--i also don't like using just mesh as a wick and always wrap it around a piece of ss cable.

i've been using ss rope wicks wrapped with mesh for abt 4yrs in almost all my attys, and other than the things being always an absolute bitch to make, have no complaints at all.

i even managed to build a couple of cloud chuckers with cable wicks, but i didn't have time to figure them out thoroughly so they're dicey to use.

Next thing i'll try will be using mesh as a coil in regular attys. That should be an easy experiment; i just have to wait for the long lengths of mesh to get here thru the mail.
#15 (permalink)      1/18/2020 5:03:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 29437
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos23184
+1 details
Vaping with vic did a review of this. He said you need to watch the pressure on the wick lest you choke off the flow to the coil. I'm not sure if that's true. I think the coil will break before you reach the same pressures you can get inside a round coil and I haven't found the limit there.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired liar. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#16 (permalink)      2/4/2020 1:13:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayNut
  • JoinedJul 2018
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I just cleaned mine in my ultrasonic cleaner, I have to mention I forgot about it at least an hour but all the screws are rusted now so definetly no Stainles Steel scres in there