shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Serious Flaw Warning.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/16/2020 4:43:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 716
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos346
+9 details
Serious Flaw Warning.
I have indicated this flaw in my review of the product. In case it is published late, I am informing everyone here.
I received this RTA with a lot of joy as I’ve always loved the metal mesh wicks and use of ceramics for flavor purity, and this RTA has both! Unfortunately, my joy turned to disappointment. I have made a ticket and whether FT sends improved parts(like they did in Integra RTA) or takes the RTA back for refund, I will update you here. Below is details of the flaw, which I’ve taken from my product review:
This tank comes with a spares package, which contains spares for its ceramic parts. Inspecting this package, I noticed the spare ceramic ring that insulates the metal mesh wick and holds it together, was broken. Without this insulator ring, the thick mesh wick will short out, or gradually open up and cause wicking failure. I quickly opened a ticket with FastTech and thanked god for still having one functioning ceramic ring. Inspecting this support ring further, I noticed it is made extremely thin, and I mean EXTREMELY, which shouldn’t be. Since this ring is holding a relatively large pack of mesh in a place where temperatures change severely and quickly, it should at least have the necessary bulk to hold under stress. But being so thin, with a slight pressure, it could break. Observing and understanding this flaw, I made my build with outmost care and started vaping away happily. In less than a week, I noticed constant electrical shorts and my wick getting loose at the bottom. When I opened my build up, I noticed the ceramic ring had cracked. The metal mesh was was just being held on the top with the coil on one end and free the rest of the way. I believe, with their current build quality, these rings will break (under the stress from mesh wick and the rapid and extreme temperature changes) within days to weeks of using this tank, regardless of the care put into the builds. That means the money spent is to use this tank only for a few days. Therefore, sadly, until YFTK replaces these rings with more durable designs, I can not recommend this tank, and do warn purchasers of this flaw.

Edited on 3/17/2020 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Photo Update
#2 (permalink)      3/16/2020 5:13:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 384
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos289
Thanks for the Warning,FrankieS, i had an Eye on this and I am glad now that I waited for Reviews.
#3 (permalink)      3/17/2020 5:02:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10417
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5473
Hello FrankieS,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

We have forwarded your feedback to our manufacturer and asked them to improve. About the damaged ceramic ring, the manufacturer would like to resend, would you mind to try the replacement? We have answered your ticket too, please kindly check and let us know your opinion.

Thank you for your understanding.
#4 (permalink)      3/17/2020 6:46:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 716
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos346
Hello Anniepan.
Thank you for your input. I am sorry YFTK’S bad design is causing inconvenience for both you and me(and other customers).
If the replacement rings are the same quality as the original and not an improved design, I don’t see a reason for sending them. It will be a week or 2 before they break like they already broke, even with a lot of care.
But if they are a newer reinforced and improved design, it may be reasonable to try the replacements.

Edited on 3/17/2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      3/18/2020 4:58:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10417
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5473
Hello FrankieS,

Yes, we also hope they will improve the quality, so the same issue will not happen again. We have answered your ticket and offer the solution. Please kindly check and let us know your opinion. Thank you.
#6 (permalink)      4/15/2020 1:32:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NurseJ
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 502
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos302
have you tried oxidizing the mesh and not using the ceramic?
#7 (permalink)      4/15/2020 8:13:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 716
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos346
I always oxidize the mesh. This however is never a permanent solution for this RTA design, as the oxidized coat is very thin and not at all perfect. I tried this a couple of times. It works for a day or two and then the mesh shorts. I suspect since the oxidized metal is a very thin coat, and the wick is meant to be thick, the mesh gradually rubs against the metal next to it and eventually shorts out. That is probably why ceramic rings were designed for this RTA. After giving this a lot of thought, I decided, I was not going to take a chance, and asked for replacement with a different product. Unless the manufacturer makes thicker rings, this RTA will have a very short life. I’m sure Anniepan will keep everybody updated here about the availability of an improved replacement ring.

Edited on 4/15/2020 at 8:17 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      5/5/2020 7:59:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
emare
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos9
FrankieS, reading your good review I searched for the original In'Ax V5 but man it costs 180€ !
So I will definitively wait for an upgrade from YFTK.
#9 (permalink)      5/5/2020 11:08:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 716
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos346
I know. It’s an expensive decision to risk buying the original before knowing the experience and performance first hand. You may end up buying the expensive RTA, and boxing it within a week, if your experience shows it’s not for you. In my opinion, spending $20-$30 on a clone and “test drivIng” the RTA , before investing the €180 on the original is the wise thing to do. That’s what I did before buying my original Kayfun v4, v5, Skyline, Taifun GT4, etc. I’m currently waiting to buy the clone of the new Kayfun 5² SE before I buy the original. Literally chewing my nails!
#10 (permalink)      5/7/2020 9:37:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nelwer
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 127
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14
short and expensive path with the original and long and painful with the clone