Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Difficult tank to review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/24/2020 5:20:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mmentm
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos17
+1 details
Difficult tank to review
It's always tricky reviewing clones as design faults have to be ignored as these are the responsibility of the original designer and not the clone maker, which is my main issue with this tank.

SV has produced nothing original in 4 years since the K5, just playing around with existing models, and this is a disappointing example. I'd hoped for bigger airflow and a better build deck - they must know what coils people are using, and I use Juggernauts in mine.

Regarding airflow, this seems to have less than the first edition, despite the 810 drip tip. This new drip tip has contributed to a loss of flavour which they seem to have attempted to correct with the little "bridge" across the bottom of the tip but it hasn't worked.

To summarise, this is an excellent clone of a disappointing original.
#2 (permalink)      6/24/2020 6:28:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos487
+1 details
I was rather disappointed with this, As a supposed DL atty I found it still very restricted....Build quality is good though.....But if you're looking for a Real DL atty there's better out there.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#3 (permalink)      6/24/2020 9:20:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mmentm
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos17
+1 details
What would you say is better, flavour wise?

For true DL we have to sacrifice some flavour, which is why the first edition of this was so good - close to a normal K5 for flavour and close to true DL.

My favourite true DL is the Manta.
#4 (permalink)      12/8/2020 8:10:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Muron
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos1
+1 details
It's a question of a personal taste. If you expected plenty of airflow as Manta offers (I like Manta too), you have to be disappointed. KF 5² SE is a different category - restricted DL from a big tank with 810 drip tip. For me it is a fantastic combination and I love it.