Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

ULTON or SXK Sputnik
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/2/2020 8:41:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
costello143
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos7
ULTON or SXK Sputnik
Hi,

i saw 2 Manufacturer making Sputnik.

Ulton and SXK

wich one is the better ?
#2 (permalink)      9/2/2020 8:45:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
They were both only released 2 days ago, so I doubt anyone will be able to tell you from personal experience. Generally, ulton has better build quality vs SXK though. Looks like a fairly simple design, so don't think there would be much difference between the two manufacturers. I would buy the ulton as it comes with the two additional airdisks, which would work out cheaper than buying the SXK, which only comes with 1 airdisk, and buying additional disks.

Edited on 9/2/2020 at 8:49 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      9/2/2020 8:59:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
costello143
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos7
Ok Sir thank you

I always was thinking SXK was betrer than ULTON...

Have you some example to explain why ULTON is better ?
#4 (permalink)      9/2/2020 9:48:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pontez77
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2019
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+2 details
Ulton has great quality (Millennium, Taifun GTR, Fev 4.5 etc.) but my last purchase, the Major V2, has wrong airflow holes (size 1.25 is missing instead of two 1.5). I sent email to Ulton and they confirmed that the 1,25 hole misses, then I recommended them to correct spec on their site but they never did it. So i0ll never buy Ulton products again.
#5 (permalink)      9/2/2020 3:21:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Sxk has become the name they are because of quality and consistency. Ulton makes fantastic products as well, but most likely there will be no difference except in cleanliness--which is where ulton suffers...that taste will never go away(cutting/coolant fluid). It may come down to accessories as well, which ulton usually do not make many of...(alternate caps, materials, etc.)

Usually sxk is a couple dollars cheaper, but they are comparable.
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      9/2/2020 3:31:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
costello143 wrote:

Ok Sir thank you

I always was thinking SXK was betrer than ULTON...

Have you some example to explain why ULTON is better ?

They don't...but people like to pull for the underdog. How many ulton mods are there? Two? Both had problems with first batch, and they've never used a dna60 or any non mosfet chip. They have never made a "must have" product like the billet box or Boxer squonk approaching mass market levels...ulton have a great future, but they don't have the resume to be the "best"-not yet.

#7 (permalink)      9/2/2020 6:15:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
I think ulton is far from the underdog carrion, these days they're seen as top dog, for the quality of their atties anyway. Across reddit and several vape forums, the consensus is generally Ulton > YFTK > SXK/Shenray > Vazzling/Lysen > no names (coolvape etc.). Think this hierarchy has developed fairly recently (last 1 to 2 years) after side by side comparisons of products like the GT4, Tripod, GTR, Citadel, FeV, Millennium etc. Either way, I don't think there'd be a big gap in quality for the sputnik, but again, I would opt for the Ulton as it's better value with it's included airdisks.

Edited on 9/2/2020 at 6:16 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      9/2/2020 7:59:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
I don't care what others say, I just use logic and my own experience. If the debate was Atties only, I'd say they are closer, but like I said they don't make enough to be in the running. Half the Atties you mentioned for your side by side comparisons aren't made by SXK...but when you have as many products as I do, you'll be able to make better comparisons. I'm going to go vape my Ulton billet box collection(whoops) now, peace.

Edited on 9/2/2020 at 8:03 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      9/2/2020 8:46:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
My side-by-side comparison examples were in reference to ulton vs any other manufacturer. Given that a larger sample of people have stated that ulton is the superior manufacturer (of atties), wouldn't logic dictate that it's a more reliable source of information than your single anecdote?

Edited on 9/3/2020 at 1:37 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      9/3/2020 4:31:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
You only gave one anecdote with no proof and wrong information...just saying.
You do you, but only sheep follow the herd. So far, you're by yourself on this thread
#11 (permalink)      9/3/2020 5:50:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
burner94
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos90
I didn’t offer a personal anecdote, I gave OP the conclusion I’ve drawn from multiple anecdotes from several forums hosted in different countries. You’re relying on a personal anecdote to draw the conclusion that I provided ‘wrong’ information. It’s a bold statement to make with limited (and likely out of date) information.

Edited on 9/3/2020 at 7:04 AM. Reason: