shopping cart empty
Mine finally arrived
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/18/2021 4:55:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
Well it's official, I can't get the exocet to stop leaking ..it runs out of the Supbox where the top meets the bottom part..its screwed down as tight as I can get it... I've left the wicks a bit longer (not too long tho).. It just leaks .. 3rd wicking today.. Not sure what I'm doing wrong .. I've watched vids .. I'm wondering if the pressure is to much from tightening the top ... I'm out of answers.. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
#12 (permalink)      4/19/2021 4:23:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2554
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
+1 details
It's usually one of two things, wicking, which often causes leaking early, then stabilizes as juice level and air pressure vibe...or mechanical failure, which would include cracked tanks and old/damaged/wrong O-rings, as well as missing/ improperly installed parts (airflow pins, caps, etc) These are usually continuous leaks, not stopping until the area is drained of liquid. Use those clues to help you determine the trouble!

with the Exocet 2, wicking is so easy, as long as you have it hanging out the holes, covering the holes,and cut it off a mm or 2 long...you're good!

So, then you need to check your boro O-rings...the bottom one is notorious for getting loose. Does the bottom of the rba pop out of the boro very easy? If so, change it! wicking and that o ring are the culprits 90% of the time!

If those aren't it, however, make sure your rba top is on flush, and that o-ring isn't damaged either. Any damaged O-rings/ undersized o-rings can cause loss of pressure, which can also cause leaking. Hate that you're having a rough time with a great atty...good luck!
I know words...I have the best words.
#13 (permalink)      4/19/2021 4:52:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
I will check that stuff the next time I try it again .. Frustrated with it rn..
But I believe it does pop out easily.. I did take out the af control insert and put a different one in and it fit a bit differently, I managed to get it to stop leaking.. But only if I take it out everytime to refill..if I fill it in the sup , push the glass up and vape it leaks again.. But if I take it all apart and fill it, put it all back together it works til I fill again.. Strange.. The EVL is working great ..so far.๐Ÿคž. A bit of leaking with it awhile back but I rewicked and have been using it all nite..I really want to get the Exo to work because the flavor is very good.. But I'll keep trying.. And thx.. โœŒ
#14 (permalink)      4/19/2021 9:48:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 272
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos133
What size of coil do you have in the exo?
#15 (permalink)      4/19/2021 10:01:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2554
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
Photo reference. All you should see is cotton when looking at the holes. When the cap is pressed down, it should not crush cotton too much either. Of course, many users leave the wicks much longer than in my photo...this is the absolute shortest they can be.
#16 (permalink)      4/19/2021 10:10:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
Ok.. Ty... Will try it again when I get home.. Since my EVL started leaking this morning ..when I got up and hit it it started leaking .. But hey .. Farther then I got before... ๐Ÿ˜œ gonna work on them again after my doc appt.. Appreciate all your help .. At this point I'm sure it's user error..
#17 (permalink)      4/19/2021 10:26:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 272
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos133
There is always a learning curve
I noticed certain rtร s donโ€™t easily take 1.5 or 2 mm coils because not enough coton
#18 (permalink)      4/19/2021 10:26:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2554
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
Overnight is a prime time for boros to leak. You aren't firing the coil for hours, leaving the wicking to become over saturated. I strongly recommend removing all boros from mods when not in current use. That way, if it leaks, you see a spot of juice on your table, not in your mod cavity.

At least the Alien is easy to add a little wicking on top of your current wicking. I always find gravity fed wicking to be the most challenging to get perfect.
#19 (permalink)      4/19/2021 10:28:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
Gotcha..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
#20 (permalink)      4/19/2021 6:06:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2554
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
+1 details
Since we're talking billets, here's my new doors from C.S.Wood Designs...he's the door guy Grimm Green and Tony B, advertise all the time, it made his workload move a lot slower now, lol.
#21 (permalink)      4/19/2021 6:13:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2554
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375

He will do different cut outs, designs, colors...truly beautiful work, hand crafted, and relatively inexpensive. The Billet panel and drip tip set, with hybrid (2 materials) and polishing is 100.00 us. He makes panels for just about any mod, though he will need to borrow an original...great guy, great work I call my panels "Volcanic Ash and Lava".