Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Dvarw competition?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/5/2021 5:10:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
+5 details
Dvarw competition?
Well, I finally got this RTA a few days ago, and today i had a chance to build it (twice)...After a disastrous first wicking, I think I've figured this little guy out...and there's a lot to like.

I couldn't find any videos of this model- every video seemed to be about the MTL, which is vastly different. I tucked the wick like any normal rta, but that leaked like crazy...then I realized that the two "forks" on the deck may be more than coil alignment - they, I believe, also hold the wicks up above the deck, in line with the juice ports.

It seems to have done it. I have good wicking, and excellent flavor with my .32 2.5mm fused clapton (48 watts/3.96 volts) Easily equal to 22mm Dvarw, and bottom fill, too! Included is an under coil insert to tighten the airflow to mtl- I'm not sure what size it is, but it's tight - around 1mm, maybe. The Peek tip and inserts are well done, and the whole rta feels very high-end. I see other inserts for sale separately, as well as different tips, but I have none of those and use the included Peek tip and no insert...open, yet slightly restricted! I would call this DL with no hesitation, but its not "too" open.

I originally thought the two "tabs" that come down the sides of the tank were a juice flow control, but they are not...they don't reach down to the juice holes, and are just for style and branding, as far as I know. They do look good, and it's a different idea. The tank can be completely removed, revealing just the deck, which is nice for adjusting builds or wicks, and the topcap is removable and holds any 510 tip.

Anyone else have this and can chime in? I'd like to know if i'm correct on the wicking, and my other assessments. It's not as simple as a Dvarw, but it has bottom fill, changeable under coil airflow, plus much better coil trapping.
I can totally see MTL guys liking this, and the flavor really pops right away...

It's a good one, guys!

Edited on 1/5/2021 at 5:47 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      1/5/2021 7:46:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+5 details
C’mon ... Dvarw has no competition. 😂
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#3 (permalink)      1/5/2021 9:17:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4983
  • Reviews 220
  • Kudos6105
+5 details
just fired up the 24 dl that i got yesterday, simple and effective what more do you need ? apart from a few more to add to the dvarw collection
#4 (permalink)      1/6/2021 8:57:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
if you want the extra flavor that more complex coils provide, this rta is a great choice. Personally, I find the building limitations to be Dvarw's biggest flaw. I do enjoy the leak resistance of bottom fill tanks, especially for wood or other nicer mods. This will never replace the immense popularity of the Dvarw, but it remains a great option for those looking for a different style, and PERHAPS, a touch more flavor, due to those better coils.

I've never been the biggest Dvarw fan, I look at it as one of the top tier rtas in its class, but not the best. Dvarw has problems with complex flavors, especially bakery, where it tends to "muddle" individual flavor notes into one. When it comes to fruits, I will readily admit the Dvarw is top five.

As always, this is just one collector's opinion. Your mileage may vary...
#5 (permalink)      1/6/2021 9:02:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4983
  • Reviews 220
  • Kudos6105
+2 details
yep true, i find the kfun lite far better for net tobacco's than the dvarw, but the dvarw dl against the gata ,theres no difference in flavour so the dvarw gets the edge because of the juice capacity and the addition of the topfill tank kit

Edited on 1/6/2021 at 11:42 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      1/6/2021 9:08:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
gmm11 wrote:

yep true, i find the kfun lite far better for net tobacco's than the dvarw, but the dvarw dl against the gata ,theres no difference in flavour so the dvarw gets the edge because of the juice capoacity and the addition of the topfill tank kit

I really love the 24mm, MUCH more than the 22mm. I waited so long to try it, and now I kick myself for not trying it much sooner.

I replied to the wrong comment lol, but i guess that's pretty obvious.

Edited on 1/6/2021 at 9:12 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      1/6/2021 12:56:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
I hve been considering the Monarch, but it’s confusing that there seems to be different versions with totally different decks. SXK and YFTK and perhaps even some others.
#8 (permalink)      1/6/2021 3:19:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Lalli wrote:

I hve been considering the Monarch, but it’s confusing that there seems to be different versions with totally different decks. SXK and YFTK and perhaps even some others.

You won't have to worry, as all the other versions seem to have been discontinued.The MTL has a "Cog" like air system that requires removal of the pin, and a bottom plate, rotate the cog, and reassemble. The one I chose has a Dvarw like insert system.

#9 (permalink)      1/6/2021 5:13:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WackyHarry
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 709
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos405
Looks good. Is it citric proof?
#10 (permalink)      1/6/2021 5:16:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
+2 details
WackyHarry wrote:

Looks good. Is it citric proof?

I'm the wrong person to ask. I've never seen any tank crack unless i cracked it. And I don't leave juice sitting around in tanks. My answer would be yes.

Cue a million people saying otherwise...I just need the video.

#11 (permalink)      1/6/2021 5:24:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 737
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1099
+2 details
PCTG is more crack resistant than plain PC. It'll be safe to vape your Pink Punch Lemonade on this.