shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Any feedback?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/23/2021 11:21:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ryno619
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 341
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos223
Any feedback?
What’s the verdict on this little guy?
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
#2 (permalink)      1/23/2021 9:40:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
Mine was only shipped out on Friday and I don't expect to receive it until mid next month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#3 (permalink)      1/23/2021 9:55:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ryno619
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 341
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos223
+1 details
Thanks Dj.

I'm getting a Bishop rta and saw that the Experiment was on sale at that other place. I ended up just throwing in with my order.

Really looking forward to the Bishop, we shall see.
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
#4 (permalink)      2/14/2021 3:06:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 142
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos136
+3 details
I also noticed these for an incredibly low price over there, and threw one in the cart. The RTA arrived the other day, and I was immediately impressed with both machining and cleanliness (I cleaned it anyway).

I proceeded with my normal MTL SS316L build, and the Experiment 3 is very 'Dvarw' like, with the wicking quite similar. I like the top-fill, and how the AFC is adjusted. It's not difficult to move, and stays put when set.

There are 2 chamber caps included. One domed, the other, not. I chose the domed cap, and find the flavor VERY good. I'm using the preinstalled 3 hole 'air-tower', and 1.2mm hole for AFC. VERY nice MTL experience, quite close to the Dvarw IMO. NO leaking, even after top-filling. I IMMEDIATELY went back and was happy to find these still in-stock for the unbelievably low price, and grabbed 3 more.

I was totally expecting these to be defective in some way, and took a chance. After spending a couple of days with it, I still would have been pleased with this RTA in the $20-25.00 USD price-range. At the current sale price, if one doesn't mind not having a glass tank, these are a STEAL for a decent, well-made MTL RTA IMO!!

EDIT: The only 2 things I dislike about this RTA is the drip-tip, and the lack of a glass tank. I've since switched to a Dvarw FL DT, and it looks great and works well. As for the tank, I don't really use any tank-cracking eliquids, so I'm not worried about it.. just a preference for glass if possible. EDIT: Let's make it 3 disliked things: The tank capacity could be better, but at 2.5ml, it seems to last MUCH longer than the 2ml straight tank of my Ehpro 'True' RTA, regardless of it only holding 1/2 ml less.

EDIT: OT, but interestingly, the 'other place' mentioned no longer accepts straight PayPal payments like before. I was required to send payment to an addy which appears to be a private individual, using the order # for reference. I really didn't like doing it that way, with no real payment confirmation from them until their CS returns from holiday, but I didn't want to miss-out on a few more of these RTA's for the $$.....

EDIT: I will add that the strawberry in my Beard No. 5 ( New York cheesecake / strawberries) is 'brighter', and more 'realistically-fresh' tasting in this RTA compared to any of my others. 6mg nic is all that's needed for a decent thump-in-the-back-of-the-throat as well.

I continue to be pleasantly surprised with this excellent performing MTL RTA. I may install the more open 'air-tower', and set the largest AFC hole to check-out some RDL action with this, and see how it performs. So far, if I had to draw comparisons from other RTAs I've used, the Experiment 3 performs like I'd imagine the Ehpro 'True' and Dvarw MTL FL would if combined together..

Edited on 2/16/2021 at 3:29 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      2/25/2021 4:11:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 142
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos136
Anyone else here receive and set up one of these yet? For close to a couple of weeks now I've really been impressed with this, and have used it almost exclusively. VERY nice little MTL RTA with a smooth, satisfying draw, and quite decent throat-hit with 6mg nic IMO.

I ended up throwing this RTA on an SXK 'Stealth' SxS, and it's right at home with a 22mm finned heatsink (matches the finned top) to bring the height up to exactly where the topcap is easily removed for filling. The finishing touch was a Thunderhead Creations Tauren MTL RTA drip tip, which ties it all together nicely IMO..

I was just curious if anyone else is as impressed with the Experiment 3 as I am?
#6 (permalink)      2/25/2021 8:07:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
Yes.
I absolutely agree with you on the Experiment 3. I had one maybe 2-3 months ago "by chance", (not much after its release) as on an other site they cancelled an item in my order and after a quick browse couldn't find anything more interesting to replace it than this one which was on flash sale at that moment. As yourself I thought why not to take a risk with it. Though never bothered to write a detailed feedback about it, on several threads I dropped some little remarks as "if you want a top fill, perfectly leak-free dvarw-like little RTA" etc. etc. ... I think, nobody really paid attention to it. =)
Beside that it gives a nice silent flavourful vape, the most impressing I found with, that you don't even need to use any AFC when refilling, just: open "lid", damp the juice in it, close lid and you are done.

The reasons why I didn't order an other one: (besides that I had other things on my wish list) it's slightly too tight for my taste which I like only occasionally but not in long terms, and mainly the lack of available and reasonable options for replacement tanks. More precisely the only (overpriced) possibility is to buy one with its hideous and useless drip tip. Which I found just enough annoying to give up with it.

Edited on 2/25/2021 at 8:29 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      2/25/2021 8:17:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
But seeing it again for 7$, I've become sort of tempted to order an other one. =)
#8 (permalink)      2/25/2021 8:55:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 142
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos136
+1 details
Thanks for the detailed reply.. :)

the lack of available and reasonable options for replacement tanks

I thought about that, and went ahead and ordered a spare tank paired with the worthless DT from another place for around $6.00 USD after I purchased the 1st E3. I didn't know I would enjoy it so much, and in hindsight, would have just been better off to grab 5-6 of the complete RTA's at the sale price for complete spares. As posted above, I did get 3 more for plenty of spares and extra tanks if needed in the future. That ends up being 4 decent MTL RTA's for about the same $$ as what one would pay for a single comparable one.

Edited on 2/25/2021 at 9:00 AM. Reason: