Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

I DON'T THINK THESE WILL EVER COME IN AGAIN
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/18/2021 3:35:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
What kind of mesh are you using? I have found out the hard way that when you get a hot spot in mesh, you can't really get it out always. It's sort of best to just replace that piece with a new one.

The dead rabbit R tank is one I had a hot spot in that I was able to fix, but not 100%. Regular mesh RTAs are different though maybe someone with more experience with them can tell you more about hot spots. I have fixed them in a regular mesh tank but it was that really firm mesh. I mean it's all different right. If your using a thin mesh I don't know anything about it, like the stuff that comes in big sheets or spools.
#12 (permalink)      11/18/2021 3:40:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aerospace
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 410
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos108
+1 details
How are the Hellvape rabbit series tanks ? I hear good things about them .
#13 (permalink)      11/18/2021 3:41:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
+1 details
aerospace wrote:

I did notice hot spots in the beginning and I made sure to get the mesh to glow evenly and tried it again and it was working well and then the dry hit again . Looked at the mesh and once again only a small section was glowing so even if I get it corrected it doesn't stay that way for longer than just a few hits .

I think eventually I'll figure it out but it's been a fail every time so far with the mesh.

I'm in the USA and $7.00 shipping sounds great , I haven't found any sites that offer that low a rate.

I haven't been able to go any higher than 40 watts with the mesh or instant dry hit .

EternalSpline wrote:

What kind of mesh are you using? I have found out the hard way that when you get a hot spot in mesh, you can't really get it out always. It's sort of best to just replace that piece with a new one.

The dead rabbit R tank is one I had a hot spot in that I was able to fix, but not 100%. Regular mesh RTAs are different though maybe someone with more experience with them can tell you more about hot spots. I have fixed them in a regular mesh tank but it was that really firm mesh. I mean it's all different right. If your using a thin mesh I don't know anything about it, like the stuff that comes in big sheets or spools.

Just buy an Oxva Arbiter or Oxva Arbiter 2..... Life's too short for constantly needing to work out the problems that mesh brings.

IMHO obviously :)

#14 (permalink)      11/18/2021 4:46:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
+2 details
aerospace wrote:

How are the Hellvape rabbit series tanks ? I hear good things about them .

The Fat Rabbit RTA is really good, single or double coil. The Dead Rabbit R is really good too, takes 2mins to build the coil and I've never had a hot spot, try not to keep bending the mesh over and over, same as any other mesh tank, try to get the bending into shape right first time. The Siegfried is the best mesh RTA by a mile as Richy said, the Profile M isn't far behind for flavour though. The Profile RDTA I don't ever have problems unless it gets left on it's side, it always leaks. Just wick it the same as you would any other in the Profile range, cut the cotton at an angle. Make sure you don't bump the mesh too when wicking, very easy to put a tiny dent in it. Or you could try giving the clapton mesh a go on the Profile RDTA, and I've used the first Profile RDA clapton mesh in other mesh RTA'S like the Kylin M, Kylin M Pro, Doom X, but I can't remember if it fits in the Siegfried. Not sure if any of that helps. Just checked, none of the Profile clapton mesh fits the Siegfried, but the clapton mesh for the first Profile RDA will fit in the Doom X, Kylin M and Kylin M Pro. Oh, and I'm currently vaping a Profile 1.5 at 80w, so I'm not sure why you would have to vape mesh at low watts

Edited on 11/18/2021 at 5:02 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      11/18/2021 4:47:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
+1 details
"Oxva Arbiter 2"

I have one in route on the way.

"How are the Hellvape rabbit series tanks ? I hear good things about them ."

I have the dead rabbit R tank, the subtank style with the replaceable mesh coils. It's kind of cool, I like the way it's a mesh subtank that you can replace the wick on if you want. It's a new style of things though so it's not like the best thing. The flavor is pretty decent. It doesn't need much wattage, but if I lost it I would be fine without it. I got it to try building the coils non mesh with regular wire, I really got it just to play around with it, but have not had the time.

The fat rabbit tank the dual coil, I have that one too. I didn't get any of the other hellvape RTAs before this one. They just didn't seem right for me. The fat rabbit is a beast. Lots of airflow, you want to build it with big coils, at least some dual core claptons. It's better for desert flavors I find, so if that's your thing you might like it. It's built pretty well, I don't like the one twist pull down for the deck much. Also the drip tip it comes with is kind of meh! If you like stuff like the fatality m25, the far rabbit is right for you.

My favorite tank of all time is the Aromamizer V3 with dual coil. To get the dual coil you need to by the advanced one, but with that you get 3 decks a single coil deck, a mesh deck and the dual coil postless deck. You also get a chimney reducer. Great tank, lots of options, I bought 3 of them and all 3 are in use on my desk all the time. I use the dual coil in all three though, the mesh is kind of meh, and the single coil deck isn't my favorite.

Also as Richy said the Oxva Arbiter 2 is a good option, I don't have it yet. It is on the way, so I can't speak for it yet. I ordered it in the states but ordering in California and living in Florida I guess now shipping takes 15 days with USPS not being allowed.
#16 (permalink)      11/18/2021 5:32:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
+3 details
My Arbiter 2 has just cleared customs in the UK so should be with me this weekend, supposed to be better than the awesome Arbiter 1.... Time will tell.
#17 (permalink)      11/18/2021 7:34:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aerospace
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 410
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos108
Wow , outstanding information guys very very helpful .

I really like the idea and layout of the dead rabbit and the coil style and ability to quickly replace but I'm a max flavor guy so it it sounds like a tank that's middle of the road flavor wise.

I have a fat rabbit dual airflow model on the way and it seems both of you guys like that one so I'm happy about that .

I have been reading a ton about the Aromamizer V3 and some say they like the V2 model better . I'm unfamiliar with the entire line the 1st , 2nd , plus model and the 3 .

The advanced kit does come with a ton of options I'm just wondering if it's really superior in flavor to other tanks we have been discussing ?

One thing Eternalspline mentioned is that you can bend the mesh and deform it on the Profile RDTA and I have had that happen . Can that be why the mesh keeps giving me issues ?
#18 (permalink)      11/19/2021 1:16:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330

One thing Eternalspline mentioned is that you can bend the mesh and deform it on the Profile RDTA and I have had that happen . Can that be why the mesh keeps giving me issues ?

Yes because it weakens the metal where the deformity happened allowing more current to pass through that part of it.

#19 (permalink)      11/19/2021 3:04:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aerospace
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 410
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos108
Thank you.
#20 (permalink)      11/19/2021 9:58:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4170
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
What's the airflow on this tank? I absolutely loved my Mesh 24's, but both developed a top seal problem, and are impossible to fix, as the top is pressed together. Would really like another mesh tank.
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#21 (permalink)      11/19/2021 10:23:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6941
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
+1 details
OneBadwolf wrote:

What's the airflow on this tank? I absolutely loved my Mesh 24's, but both developed a top seal problem, and are impossible to fix, as the top is pressed together. Would really like another mesh tank.

Aromamizer style.