[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Do these things last for ANYONE?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/2/2021 11:53:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
SKU 9736021 is still going strong while SKU 9734152 suffered from the dreaded loose 510 issue. A replacement was offered but I declined and received a refund.
#12 (permalink)      6/3/2021 12:34:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Well now, I sent another email thanking Mechlyfe for their attempt to rectify the problem by sending me a bad replacement. I also said I didn't expect them to do anything more.

They actually responded, asking for yet another video illustrating the problem. That's it, no mention of whether they'll charge me for shipping again.

Since a few of you people here haven't had any real problems with the Paramour I'll bite. Maybe this weekend I'll shoot and edit a video to see exactly what they'll do. If they ask for any more money whatsoever I'll stop there.

The saga continues...
#13 (permalink)      6/3/2021 12:57:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
They've probably got lots of returned Paramours so that's why they're offering to send you another replacement. You're better off getting a refund. If you paid using PayPal, file a dispute like I did.
#14 (permalink)      6/3/2021 3:23:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
The original order was February 12 so I don't see Paypal helping, especially since they seem to have a prejudice against vaping products.

Once again, I might try shooting a video just to see what happens with Mechlyfe.. Or I might not bother wasting any more time with this whole issue.

It's actually a shame because I really liked the mod. Everyone, (mostly non-vapers) thought it looked great.

I've already taken the first one apart a week ago, so maybe any more time I devote to this will be hacking it.

With any luck I could even leave the leads still connected to the board while jumpering the firing button so I get the "Ohms Too High" error while puffing away. It would be nice to have a functioning battery indicator on a mech mod.
#15 (permalink)      6/3/2021 3:25:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 449
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos330
+1 details
Mine is still working, but I don't use it very often. Paint looks not very nice anymore, I think it is One of the worst Paint Jobs on a Mod I ever bought. Only Thing I really like is that it is not so heavy compared to other SBS Mods, I never understood the Manufacturers, because a SBS is definitely for out of Home use and then thy built Bricks.
#16 (permalink)      6/3/2021 3:44:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Djvillan, it's funny how my Kanger Juppi died almost the same way right after you and I discussed owning them. It was also my 2nd one to go bad.

I was planning to hack it ever since, but time moves fast.

Anyway, most mods use wires and firing buttons that aren't really made to move much current. Instead, they appear to act as a low-amp trigger for the board to fire much more juice to the 510, essentially a relay.

Well, since my coils usually run around 1.5 ohms (30 gauge SS) I'm hoping the firing button and wires will handle the load. Now I'm anxious to try it, and I'll start with the Paramour.. As soon as I find the time.
#17 (permalink)      6/3/2021 3:55:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
+1 details
I use mine a lot, had it for quite awhile now. No problems at all. I'm using it right now.
I have the early one: SKU 9734152

Edited on 6/8/2021 at 9:00 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      6/3/2021 7:20:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos123
+1 details
Mines going strong, use it every day all day for 6+ months now, 0055/1000 Grey/Black. No issues besides the normal button rattle since day 1 and my screens backwards. I think their QC just sucks and I KNOW they customer service sucks..
#19 (permalink)      6/3/2021 11:52:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
Brianstech wrote:

The original order was February 12 so I don't see Paypal helping, especially since they seem to have a prejudice against vaping products.

Once again, I might try shooting a video just to see what happens with Mechlyfe.. Or I might not bother wasting any more time with this whole issue.

It's actually a shame because I really liked the mod. Everyone, (mostly non-vapers) thought it looked great.

I've already taken the first one apart a week ago, so maybe any more time I devote to this will be hacking it.

With any luck I could even leave the leads still connected to the board while jumpering the firing button so I get the "Ohms Too High" error while puffing away. It would be nice to have a functioning battery indicator on a mech mod.

With Paypal you're covered for 6 months from date of purchase. They don't check what you bought or who you bought it from. When I was emailing 3a they suggested I file a PP claim and they wouldn't dispute it, so I did and within one week PP refunded my money. So it's worth a try.

#20 (permalink)      6/3/2021 11:53:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Advertisement
#21 (permalink)      6/4/2021 12:27:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Thanks Djvillan, I'll certainly look into that Paypal refund soon.

And thanks to everyone who answered my question. Since that mod seems to work okay for most people I'm still torn about pursuing a working one. If I do finally get one that does I'll probably anticipate its failure with every puff.

It might appear as though I'm hard on mods, but I've only had problems with 2 Kanger Juppis and 2 Paramours. In fact someone gave me an old beat-up Smok AL85 over a year ago and it's still chugging away.