[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Do these things last for ANYONE?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/4/2021 12:27:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Thanks Djvillan, I'll certainly look into that Paypal refund soon.

And thanks to everyone who answered my question. Since that mod seems to work okay for most people I'm still torn about pursuing a working one. If I do finally get one that does I'll probably anticipate its failure with every puff.

It might appear as though I'm hard on mods, but I've only had problems with 2 Kanger Juppis and 2 Paramours. In fact someone gave me an old beat-up Smok AL85 over a year ago and it's still chugging away.
#22 (permalink)      6/4/2021 7:18:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 125
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos33
+1 details
My Paramour lasted a month. I unscrewed my tank the whole 510 plate turned with it.. As I turned, it pulled off wires, one wire had to be replaced.Put it all back together, new soldered wire.. Connected 510 securely.. So I thought..
When coils needed to be changed again.. gingerly unscrewed the tank.. again it took 510 with it.. Only caused more issues and tank had to be cut off .. Considering paramour had the issues I saved the tank instead of the mod. After issues with another mech lyfe product and they never sent me the parts I needed because they also offered me a discount on their new mod which I had already bought. So I declined the offer and never received the parts. I will never buy another mech lyfe product again. As much as I liked the paramour, mine was junk.. Quality control? Really?!
#23 (permalink)      6/4/2021 8:46:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
coleman
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 139
  • Kudos14
+1 details
I've got 2, ,a very early grey/black, then an all black one a few weeks later. Use both every day. Like them very much. Not a single problem.
#24 (permalink)      6/5/2021 9:24:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
+1 details
lotta folks on FB mentioning two things. Untightened/loose 510 and loose battery tube...TONS of complaints.
What does he mean when he says words?
#25 (permalink)      6/6/2021 7:36:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
Yeah, any problems with loose metal and/or threads are usually an easy fix for me, but when it comes to the printed circuits inside these mods I'm totally screwed.

Maybe I can find some time today to look into a Paypal refund, not to mention shooting a video for Mechlyfe.

Who knows where this will go from here.
#26 (permalink)      6/6/2021 8:56:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
+1 details
dwcraig1 wrote:

I use mine a lot, had it for quite awhile now. No problems at all. I'm using it right now.I have the early one: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9734152

to provide a product link, just type "sku" and the product number, no space necessary. When you post, it will appear as a product link.

#27 (permalink)      6/8/2021 9:22:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
+1 details
*UPDATE* The stupid thing suddenly works again.

Last night I finally threw another battery into it for video-recording the issue, and it fired up as though nothing was ever wrong.

I can't believe it consistantly wouldn't fire with many different tanks and batteries on a few occasions, then suddenly now it works again. The ohms reading stays steady for once.

I think the problem is (was) in the 510. At first it felt almost slightly crunchy as the pin was depressed, but last night it felt normal while I spun the tank on. Maybe there's manufacturing grit or tiny metal bits down inside causing it.

Okay, so for now it's working great. I'm so glad, but the real question is; how long will it last?

Edited on 6/8/2021 at 9:45 AM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      6/8/2021 9:40:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
Oh, and I want to thank everyone for giving me more insight on this mod.

My takeaway? The Mechlyfe Paramour is actually a nice-looking tiny lightweight SBS, but really lacks in quality manufacturing standards. If you get one that works, and works well, you better enjoy it because no one can predict its longevity.

For me, the combination of black & gold with a gold 24mm KF Lite (w/top-fill kit) running TBD Mango salts is outstanding. Hopefully this one lasts long enough to justify the money spent.
#29 (permalink)      7/18/2021 2:48:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
One month later I just want to mention how things are going..

The black/gold replacement that Mechlyfe sent me seems to finally be working full-time. It's been off and on until recently when I took it apart, then started smacking it on a table. All of a sudden it acts like nothing was ever wrong.

The flavor and fog it puts out (with the gold KF Lite) amazes me every time I use it.

Will it die again? Good question, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Here in the US I might be called a 'glutton for punishment' because I recently ordered another one in green metallic. At the time I had basically 2 non-functioning ones, so there would be plenty of spare parts. When I saw it on FastTech for a discount I couldn't resist. My plan is to eventually take all the gold parts from the first one and transfer them into the green metallic frame.. Of course I'll wait a couple of months to prove the new one works well enough. From what I can tell FT seems to honor warranties faithfully, unlike the website I bought the first one from.

It's odd that the two I have never suffered with that dreaded loose 510 issue. I think it's because they are soldered in place with the ground wire.

The Mechlyfe Paramour might suffer from really shoddy manufacturing, but I like the overall design. It's the tiniest SBS with a removable battery I own (in 18650 mode).

Edited on 7/18/2021 at 2:49 PM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      7/18/2021 3:28:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
Well, you are definitely improving your odds of getting a winner! I was always a big fan of the Pico Squeeze, a slapdash early mosfet squonker from Eleaf. I owned 4 to have 2 working ones...I knew they were a bit crap, but I loved the form-factor, and they were so cheap it was almost criminal!

Thats my issue with this mod. IF its a decent price, sure.
#31 (permalink)      7/18/2021 3:28:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
syntax error

Edited on 7/18/2021 at 3:31 PM. Reason: