Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Possible Inaccurate Resistance Reading
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/8/2021 1:17:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5920
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3848
It may have been Brandon that mentioned in a Busardo video that the 60 has a slightly higher resistance and "Just the nature of the beast" could have been utilized as a simplified explanation.

Trying to find this, good luck through the Busardo videos!

Kudo for mentioning the zeroing of the mod in the resistance setting Craig.

Edit: Technos gig makes me curious of the solder work at the control button point on the board.

Edited on 2/8/2021 at 2:44 AM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#12 (permalink)      2/8/2021 3:23:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 200
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos184
Setting the mod resistance entirely solved my issue. I purchased another one which behaved in exactly the same way, and setting the mod resistance solved it as well. I'm having no other problems with the devices whatsoever. The resistance readings are all within hailing distance when checked between other DNA 60, 75, and 75C devices I own, and they all read within hailing distance of my ohm meter..

EDIT: As for the issues that others are experiencing, I'm not certain what could be causing it. I only updated the two Supbox's firmware when asked in eScribe, and set the mod resistance. I'm quite OCD regarding accurate ohm readings with my devices, and would have noticed if my other DNA 60 devices exhibited similar inaccuracies, as I had on the Supbox's. Perhaps my method of setting mod resistance was flawed or a bit off, and I accidentally stumbled onto the settings which now reads both Supbox's resistance consistently between all my other DNA devices.. All I know is that I am VERY pleased with the results now, however obtained.. ;)

Edited on 2/8/2021 at 4:20 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#13 (permalink)      2/8/2021 3:56:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5920
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3848
LMAO, but of course.
I got lost in critiquing the mod and its construction I guess, it's a habit.
So the boro tanks glass does have space for the glass to slide down for filling?

I probably would have done a french cleat catch for the atomizer surrounds. The battery tube would have had to been removed to change the surrounds but it could have added some strength/stability.

Edited on 2/8/2021 at 4:41 AM. Reason: Couldn't miss the time stamp!
#14 (permalink)      2/8/2021 4:34:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 200
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos184
+1 details
I have only used the groovy, new, boro-pod type tanks so far on the Supbox, but I'm pretty sure I've read that the glass can be slid-down to fill on the OG boro when installed.

As far as support for the cages are concerned, others have expressed similar concerns, but out of MUCH actual use, I'm not worried about it wearing down, or loosening-up on me. The ABS (or whatever) material used is quite tough IMO, and I can't see the 'rails' wearing-down much over time, regardless of how slight they are... When snugged-down, the cages are 'tighter than Dick's hatband' on both of mine..
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#15 (permalink)      2/8/2021 4:38:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5920
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3848
+1 details
Technomania wrote:

I have only used the groovy, new, boro-pod type tanks so far on the Supbox, but I'm pretty sure I've read that the glass can be slid-down to fill on the OG boro when installed.

As far as support for the cages are concerned, others have expressed similar concerns, but out of MUCH actual use, I'm not worried about it wearing down, or loosening-up on me. The ABS (or whatever) material used is quite tough IMO, and I can't see the 'rails' wearing-down much over time, regardless of how slight they are... When snugged-down, the cages are 'tighter than Dick's hatband' on both of mine..

I haven't seen it in person and didn't catch the "rails". Thanks

#16 (permalink)      8/28/2021 10:17:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2410
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2566
Technomania wrote:

Funny that the PCB of my ohm meter (in a 3D printed case) is marked "MADE IN USA" by a company who claims to manufacturer them in the States (or did some years back) The readings compare well to my Craftsman Digital MM...EDIT: Looking closer, the meter's rocker switch was manufactured in the USA by The Cherry Corporation also...EDIT: I'm also aware that many modmakers (especially mass-produced) neglect setting up EScribe settings.. I'm posting this info due to the current lack of results regarding this issue when a Google or other online search (regarding the Supbox) is performed. Hopefully, it will be helpful to someone else out there... The Supbox is the only DNA-based mod I've owned out of many (including mass-produced) which had an issue with reading the resistance correctly. TC has been an important part of my vaping routine for years now, and I would have noticed it for sure, like I eventually did on the Supbox..

The Cherry Electric Co. out of Waukegan Il. they have moved now though.

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#17 (permalink)      9/7/2021 11:51:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2410
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2566
FINALLY, OUT FOR DELIVERY...
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”