Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Terrible quality and dangerous
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/10/2021 4:38:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
FrankieS
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 774
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos377
Techdaddy1990 wrote:

Mine was not like that at all. It was almost undetectable next to the authentic. I would start a RMA, they are normally really good about that. Spend the extra money and get a ShenRay clone. All they work in is clones of high end attys



Did you order this same RTA with better quality?

#32 (permalink)      1/10/2021 4:38:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
FrankieS
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 774
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos377

Edited on 1/10/2021 at 4:39 AM. Reason:
#33 (permalink)      1/10/2021 6:42:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
Lalli wrote:

Shenray version was on sale on other place I ordered it for my xmas present. Mainly because I got nothing from Santa, that fat bastard.



Did you receive it ? How is it ?

#34 (permalink)      1/10/2021 10:26:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
The_Masteres wrote:

Lalli wrote:
Shenray version was on sale on other place I ordered it for my xmas present. Mainly because I got nothing from Santa, that fat bastard.

Did you receive it ? How is it ?



It’s still in Luxemburg on the way here. I should get it in a week and will report how the quality is.

#35 (permalink)      1/15/2021 8:09:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
+1 details
Lalli wrote:

The_Masteres wrote:
Lalli wrote:
Shenray version was on sale on other place I ordered it for my xmas present. Mainly because I got nothing from Santa, that fat bastard.

Did you receive it ? How is it ?

It’s still in Luxemburg on the way here. I should get it in a week and will report how the quality is.



Great thx 👍

#36 (permalink)      1/18/2021 8:42:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+3 details
Got the Shenray version today and did a quick wash and setup. Sadly it's also too loose, so there's air leaking from somewhere.
Probably similar issue to YFTK version, and could be same in all clones. Not super loose but with 1mm insert it feels like 1.4mm.
Shame because everything else is fine, no other issues at all.
#37 (permalink)      1/18/2021 9:58:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Verified
+4 details
The Ulton clone is the one to get.
#38 (permalink)      1/18/2021 12:15:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos193
+5 details
djvillan wrote:

The Ulton clone is the one to get.



I received the Ulton version last week, and must agree.. It's a VERY well made, solid performer IMO.


Edited on 1/18/2021 at 12:18 PM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#39 (permalink)      1/18/2021 2:32:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
Technomania wrote:

djvillan wrote:The Ulton clone is the one to get.I received the Ulton version last week, and must agree.. It's a VERY well made, solid performer IMO.


Does the Ulton go as tight as it should with the smallest inserts?

#40 (permalink)      1/18/2021 3:26:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos193
I'm using the single-hole insert in the Ulton, and the airflow tightens down quite well. Excellent MTL action IMO.. I almost didn't immediately go for the single-hole insert, since it seemed almost "too" tight when taking some dry-puffs wide-open, but it turned-out to be just right for me..
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#41 (permalink)      1/18/2021 3:59:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos168
Lalli wrote:

Got the Shenray version today and did a quick wash and setup. Sadly it's also too loose, so there's air leaking from somewhere.
Probably similar issue to YFTK version, and could be same in all clones. Not super loose but with 1mm insert it feels like 1.4mm.
Shame because everything else is fine, no other issues at all.



Thx for the above. Did you pick the 0.8 insert ? Might do the trick if it feels like 1.2 ? How about the flavor ?