shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Should I ...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/16/2021 10:39:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
I wish I could wick like some of ya'll cause I always seem to have trouble with RTAs in colder weather.

I look at different weather as an opportunity to swap my gear around. RTAs are used in warmer weather. When it's cold I prefer RDAs (usually atop a squonk). Keeps stuff fresh for me :)

Squonking will always be around. They recently enjoyed a year of increased popularity tho, which gave birth to some great, affordable squonks. Buy a Pulse V2 and some quality 21700s (Molicel, Samsung, or Sony). You won't regret it. I own 3 of them (and used the heck outta the earlier versions as well)

Oh yeah, I preordered of these mods...I'm a sucker for single 21700 mods. I doubt this will replace my Odin Minis, but I'm betting it will find a place in my regular rotation.
#22 (permalink)      5/21/2021 10:17:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SmokeyPete
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 549
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos100
I spend my winters skiing and I feel your pain. I cut down to 60% VG - next time i'll go 50/50 I get by ok and try to use less wick and change cotton every day.
#23 (permalink)      5/22/2021 6:39:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11351
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17558
minimag03 wrote:

I wish I could wick like some of ya'll cause I always seem to have trouble with RTAs in colder weather.

My partner is MTL and has a more difficult time in winter but I am DTL and don't.

Also depends on the style of atomizer. I usually avoid side fill in the summer for most I have you cant over wick so drops come out the side in humidity.

Have a couple of the authentic QP Fatality 25 and although a side fill it has an enclosed area of sorts you put your wicks into so you can stuff it full and no drops at all even in high humidity.

Its a dual atomizer that is supposed to be great at 100w but I vape dual on it at 40w and never a dry hit, flavour is the best I have come across, never a leak but not sure at 100w so stuffed how it would be.

I too am out in the freezing cold and snow, in and out about 6+ hours daily but never an issue--maybe its harder on MTL???

To accuse requires less eloquence than to excuse, such is man's nature, it more "resembles" justice
#24 (permalink)      5/22/2021 7:14:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SmokeyPete
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 549
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos100
Another tip - try and keep it warmer (on an inside mid layer pocket or inside jacket pocket) - or warm the atomiser in your hands before vaping. Maybe a few quick primer fires before you draw just to get things warmed up can help too. Less wick, less vg, more heat.
#25 (permalink)      5/22/2021 12:40:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mad_Science
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos3
i have been using an EKv2; single coil, mtl rta w/3mm bore. the only way it works; even at room temp, is with a TC mod. As temperamental as it is, it is my all time favorite rta. alas, its life is coming to an end since i am down to my last replacement glass and there are none to be found, anywhere! i ordered a whole bunch from FT a while ago but very few were the right size; variouus shades of too big. once again ... i digress.

so it sounds like i hit the trifecta; mtl rta, 100% vg and cold weather ... brutal.
#26 (permalink)      5/22/2021 2:41:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3090
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1638
Mad_Science wrote:

i have been using an EKv2; single coil, mtl rta w/3mm bore. the only way it works; even at room temp, is with a TC mod. As temperamental as it is, it is my all time favorite rta. alas, its life is coming to an end since i am down to my last replacement glass and there are none to be found, anywhere! i ordered a whole bunch from FT a while ago but very few were the right size; variouus shades of too big. once again ... i digress.

so it sounds like i hit the trifecta; mtl rta, 100% vg and cold weather ... brutal.

You are gonna need some "mad science" skills, lol!

one of the wettest, from the standpoint of water.