Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Drip tip
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/9/2021 7:39:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
th3drag0n1
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 107
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos56
+1 details
The drip tip from the Serpent Mini sits flush also.
#22 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:30:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

Quick, crappy photo, but it should give you an idea of how they look...these are a good choice for slightly proud nuts as well. As long as you don't need a long, straw-like drip tip, I think you'll like them.

The problem is those three drip tips you mentioned leave a gap and if someone is OCD about a nut showing then they'll probably be OCD about a gap.

#23 (permalink)      12/9/2021 11:19:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
What gap? I left a photo, and I use them all the time.

There are NO commercially available "routed out" drip tips that can hold a Billet 510 nut (that I know of). So, it's either:

1. Screw in, proprietary tips like KS (my fave) or Mission tips

or....

2. A drip tip with the same diameter (or smaller) than the 510 nuts diameter. A proud 510 nut will show a gap with anything with a wider diameter will overhang the 510 nut, and look sloppy. Since most newer Billet 510 nuts have a small Chamfer on the outer top edge, I pick SLIGHTLY smaller drip tips. That way, the drip tip doesn't overhand the chamfer....much like an atty on a chamfered edge mod - Sure, technically it's not overhang, but to me, it is.

There are simply too many drip tips available cheaply to settle for less.

I can't worry TOO much about everyone's mental illnesses, but I do know what works and looks good.

PS: Abyss tips don't work.
What does he mean when he says words?
#24 (permalink)      12/9/2021 11:34:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
th3drag0n1 wrote:

The drip tip from the Serpent Mini sits flush also.

The original rta, from SMM? If so, that's funny, because that PEI tip was my first ever full-time "Billet" tip, due to it nicely hiding the nut beneath. It's good, but like my third option in my post, a "Proud" 510 nut will show the tip's overhang.

Great for flush or recessed nuts, however, I must say, most recent bridges when tightened leave about 1mm of nut protruding past the top of the mod ("proud")

Edited on 12/10/2021 at 4:19 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#25 (permalink)      12/10/2021 3:35:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

What gap? I left a photo, and I use them all the time.

There are NO commercially available "routed out" drip tips that can hold a Billet 510 nut (that I know of). So, it's either:

1. Screw in, proprietary tips like KS (my fave) or Mission tips

or....

2. A drip tip with the same diameter (or smaller) than the 510 nuts diameter. A proud 510 nut will show a gap with anything with a wider diameter will overhang the 510 nut, and look sloppy. Since most newer Billet 510 nuts have a small Chamfer on the outer top edge, I pick SLIGHTLY smaller drip tips. That way, the drip tip doesn't overhand the chamfer....much like an atty on a chamfered edge mod - Sure, technically it's not overhang, but to me, it is.

There are simply too many drip tips available cheaply to settle for less.

I can't worry TOO much about everyone's mental illnesses, but I do know what works and looks good.

PS: Abyss tips don't work.

You're right, I was thinking of the Supbox with it's protruding nut.

#26 (permalink)      12/10/2021 4:33:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
th3drag0n1
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 107
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos56
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

th3drag0n1 wrote:The drip tip from the Serpent Mini sits flush also.The original rta, from SMM? If so, that's funny, because that PEI tip was my first ever full-time "Billet" tip, due to it nicely hiding the nut beneath. It's good, but like my third option in my post, a "Proud" 510 nut will show the tip's overhang.Great for flush or recessed nuts, however, I must say, most recent bridges when tightened leave about 1mm of nut protruding past the top of the mod ("proud")

Sorry I meant the Wotofo Serpent Mini. The metal drip tip is also hollow underneath.