Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

ONLY 4.2V output ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:14:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 666
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos572
+2 details
djvillan wrote:

I just got a reply from one of the reviewers, Naxx Vape, and he said it's 0.5v-6.0v

Thanks DJ, it's a pity that reviewers seem to spend more time commenting on the boxes mods come in than the specs of the mod itself

#52 (permalink)      12/9/2021 3:09:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4712
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2836
We need an alternate slate of reviewers!
What does he mean when he says words?
#53 (permalink)      12/9/2021 4:19:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1773
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos557
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

We need an alternate slate of reviewers!

We do have them back in the early 2015 to 2018, most of them are imbeciles with zero knowledge about electronics nuances and technicalities who only ride the wave of hype like Nip Rippers. And among those imbeciles are the "I oNlY ChUcK fAt CLOuDz oN HiGh EnD gEaR oNly" kind.

Edited on 12/9/2021 at 4:20 PM. Reason:
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#54 (permalink)      12/9/2021 4:46:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2635
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2095
+1 details
dub09 wrote:

We do have them back in the early 2015 to 2018, most of them are imbeciles with zero knowledge about electronics nuances and technicalities who only ride the wave of hype like Nip Rippers. And among those imbeciles are the "I oNlY ChUcK fAt CLOuDz oN HiGh EnD gEaR oNly" kind.

Sadly, a lot of them nowadays simply pander to the section of the audience who caress their egos in the comments section and pay them money through Channel Membership and Patreon.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#55 (permalink)      12/9/2021 5:14:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1927
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
analogueman wrote:

Although I don't do AIOs, my chosen coil-build across all attys is 1.2 ohms Kanthal, and I put 6 volts (30 watts) through it. :-)

But why to use high ohm Kanthal and 6 Volts?
Same result with perhaps low ohm SS and 4.2 Volts?
My understanding: the max. coil surface counts for good flavour.
The same question was in post #32 by philipvdp.
Perhaps AIO users need Kanthal (and boost) because the working space is very small?

And again: off topic.

#56 (permalink)      12/9/2021 5:37:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2635
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2095
+1 details
Troepfler wrote:

It's what I've always done, ever since migrating away from tube mods (mechs) years ago.

I simply don't sub-ohm. No good reason, other than 1 ohm-plus was what I aimed at before regulated mods became the norm. I was never into the low-ohm, battery-draining, multi-twisted-Kanthal coils that some people strived for back in 2013/4. Bloody things looked like barbed wire!!

As for the voltage, that's merely based on the sweet-spot I get with the two e-liquid brands I use. Most juices have a sweet-spot - just start off low, and gently raise the power until you find it. For me, it happens at 6 volts. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#57 (permalink)      12/9/2021 5:37:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 666
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos572
+1 details
Troepfler wrote:

analogueman wrote:
Although I don't do AIOs, my chosen coil-build across all attys is 1.2 ohms Kanthal, and I put 6 volts (30 watts) through it. :-)
Same result with perhaps low ohm SS and 4.2 Volts?
My understanding: the max. coil surface counts for good flavour.
The same question was in post #32 by philipvdp.
Perhaps AIO users need Kanthal (and boost) because the working space is very small?

And again: off topic.

Some people have a nickel allergy and vaping Ni80 or SS isn't an option.

You mention 4.2 Volts but overlook the fact that you will never actually get 4.2 Volts because of battery sag and voltage drop - and of course as the battery discharges its performance will suffer.

If you are using ohms law to work out potential wattage capability it is far more realistic to use a starting figure of 3.7 Volts which for many higher resistance builds isn't enough for many people.

You can use thicker wires to build to lower ohms but they will take longer to ramp up and cool down, and in smaller, restricted tanks the excess mass of larger coils can cause the tank to get hot - particularly in a small Boro that is enclosed by the mod.

#58 (permalink)      12/9/2021 6:21:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1927
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Crispycritters wrote:

You can use thicker wires to build to lower ohms but they will take longer to ramp up and cool down

Yes, this would vote for Kanthal.
But I think we did not hit the point, why some AIO users prefer 1 ohm builds.
I still think, the boys with the big clouds opened this thread.
When you use 80 Watts you need a short big big wire with high resistance.
I just imagine, never tried that.

#59 (permalink)      12/9/2021 7:55:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
No boost = popular trend with most Chinese mod manufacturers in the past year or so.

Edited on 1/13/2022 at 7:58 AM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#60 (permalink)      12/9/2021 8:29:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 666
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos572
Troepfler wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:

You can use thicker wires to build to lower ohms but they will take longer to ramp up and cool down
Yes, this would vote for Kanthal.
But I think we did not hit the point, why some AIO users prefer 1 ohm builds.
I still think, the boys with the big clouds opened this thread.
When you use 80 Watts you need a short big big wire with high resistance.
I just imagine, never tried that.

Many people like high ohm single coils simply because that is their preference - personally I find adding an extra wrap or two to coils made with of narrower gauge wires can give the same coil to cotton contact and vapour production of a regular coil made with thicker wires, but because it has less mass it will heat and cool faster and be less likely to cause the tank to overheat and cook the juice - obviously using a longer length of thinner wire to make a coil results in higher resistance. In small 22mm flavour tanks or small RDL Boro bridges this type of build. I don't have a nickel allergy so I would probably use something like a 6 wrap 26/38 Ni80 Clapton - this would come out at around 0.75 ohms, so its not that difficult to figure out a similar coil make of Kanthal will be in the 1 ohm+ ballpark.

As for the 80 Watts potential of the board, this device will probably be used by most for either low power MTL use or restricted DL at sub 50 Watt power settings. Using a board that can output 80 Watts means it won't be pushed too hard and will have a longer service life that one that is regularly pushed to its limits.

An 80 Watt mod ISN'T aimed at cloud chuckers, I get the impression you are looking at the 80 Watts potential and overlooking that this is wattage adjustable - it isn't compulsory to use max power, and most Boro tank users will use less than half of that.

I frequently use dual 18650 mods that can give 200 Watts, but I seldom vape over 60 Watts. I didn't buy them to cloud chuck - I bought them for the battery life. A pair of 3000mah batteries will last me all day - a single 18650, 20700 or 21700 will give me range anxiety

#61 (permalink)      12/9/2021 8:51:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 374
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos240
+1 details
It seems to me that folks are confusing the listed operating voltage of 3.2 - 4.2 volts as output voltage. I don't have one to test it but surely this is input voltage to the board.
Also it must surely be buck/ boost as using a 3 ohm coil would be less than 6 watts output.
Really, am I the only one seeing this?

Edited on 12/9/2021 at 8:54 PM. Reason: