[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      1/10/2022 1:31:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6946
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10340
+1 details
blackhack wrote:

And they're off (again)



I thought this was a thread devoted to DNA Self-flagellation

What was this resistance argument about anyway... too many words written !!

#92 (permalink)      1/10/2022 4:45:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+2 details
Moldy wrote:

@Crispycritters: What type of wire are you using for your coils? It's normal for resistance wire to increase in resistance when heated, some materials more than others (this resistance change is how temp control boards estimate coil temp). Kanthal and I think nichrome have fairly stable resistance whereas metals like stainless steel and titanium will show a sometimes significant increase in resistance during a heating cycle. They'll all drop back to a stable resistance after a few seconds of cool down time under normal conditions. Perhaps that's what you're seeing?For example, the stainless coil in my tank (7 wraps 2.5mm) currently measures at 0.52 ohms when cool, but jumps up to 0.60 during a puff under 18.5 watts on power mode.edit: i could be wrong about which metals have more of a stable resistance under heat as it's been a long time since i last thought about this stuff, but you get the idea. The resistance isn't constant throughout the heating cycle.



The argument carrion is desperately trying to resurrect is that he started hooting and laughing when the habit of using the extra leg length to add another wrap to a pre-made coils to add resistance was mentioned. On that occasion he was trying to trash another members post for some obscure reason as he is under the impression that the LENGTH of the wire is the sole factor - although it was repeatedly pointed out that if you add or remove a wrap the resistance will remain constant (the fact you will be cutting away a different amount of wire hence changing the fitted length in use is also beyond his limited understanding.

I don't vape TC much but I am aware that if the resistance of TC wires didn't increase when heated the board would have no way to assess temperature - this was pointed out to him, but he chose to ignore it.

Until recently I used to vape low ohms/high wattage with pairs of aliens, If I fitted both coils at once the resistance was often below 0.10 ohms and the mod wouldn't fire. Glowing one coil at a time, and bedding them in would raise the resistance permanently and they would settle down at or above 0.10 ohms so the mod will fire them.

Carrion knows this, but he treats this forum as a competition where he must 'win' every thread - he regularly deliberately causes stupid fights (and repeatedly amends/rewrites his earlier posts that caused it), and claims a 'win' because nobody else on the forum has the patience to keep the idiocy alive'

If you don't already know his trolling habits you'll soon get to be familiar with them. Its only a matter of time

#93 (permalink)      1/10/2022 4:48:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
Edit although it was repeatedly pointed out that if you add or remove a wrap the resistance3 will NOT remain constant
#94 (permalink)      1/10/2022 4:52:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6946
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10340
+3 details
The adding of another wrap to a premade coil and the resistance is determined where the coil is secured.

All things equal in positioning the coil and coil diameter the resistance WILL be greater with an extra wrap.

I think he is trying to say that a length of wire on its own does not change its resistance if not heated or cooled or mounted... which is true, but that was not your original point way back when he started trolling you.

Edited on 1/10/2022 at 5:12 AM. Reason:
#95 (permalink)      1/10/2022 5:00:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

The adding of another wrap to a premade coil and the resistance is determined where the coil is secured.

All things equal in positioning the coil the resistance WILL be greater with an extra wrap.



Carrion's Law disagrees.

#96 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:10:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

blackhack wrote:
And they're off (again)

I thought this was a thread devoted to DNA Self-flagellation

What was this resistance argument about anyway... too many words written !!


Again, the truth finally comes out. It WAS a thread about The DNA mod, until YOU suggested a non'DNA mod, and Crispy cries foul when I brought it up to you...remember?

Cute to see Crispy back away now, lol...he was ridiculous and wrong then, and I honestly thought he had learned something.

How does he use "extra wire" from the coil to "add wraps" without REMOVING the clamp from the coil? You can't, and the reason he gets different resistance is because he didn't put it back in EXACTLY the same place.

Not too hard to figure out, except for Crispy, I suppose. Just treat him for what he is...a loud mouth, long-winded slightly experienced vaper, who is jealous that he's not the MOST knowledgable vaper on this forum.

he won't post photos because he lies about much of what he says he "owns" and "does"...why a person is scared of IMGUR is beyond me, just erase all the Porn off your computer if you're worried about "leaks".


Edited on 1/10/2022 at 6:17 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#97 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:26:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6946
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10340
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Richy7 wrote:blackhack wrote:And they're off (again)I thought this was a thread devoted to DNA Self-flagellationWhat was this resistance argument about anyway... too many words written !!Again, the truth finally comes out. It WAS a thread about The DNA mod, until YOU suggested a non'DNA mod, and Crispy cries foul when I brought it up to you...remember?Cute to see Crispy back away now, lol...he was ridiculous and wrong then, and I honestly thought he had learned something.How does he use "extra wire" from the coil to "add wraps" without REMOVING the clamp from the coil? You can't, and the reason he gets different resistance is because he didn't put it back in EXACTLY the same place.Not too hard to figure out, except for Crispy, I suppose. Just treat him for what he is...a loud mouth, long-winded slightly experienced vaper, who is jealous that he's not the MOST knowledgable vaper on this forum.he won't post photos because he lies about much of what he says he "owns" and "does"...why a person is scared of IMGUR is beyond me, just erase all the Porn off your computer if you're worried about "leaks".



I am now firmly of the view that you have some sort of brain injury.

#98 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:30:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

How does he use "extra wire" from the coil to "add wraps" without REMOVING the clamp from the coil? You can't, and the reason he gets different resistance is because he didn't put it back in EXACTLY the same place.Not too hard to figure out, except for Crispy, I suppose. Just treat him for what he is...a loud mouth, long-winded slightly experienced vaper, who is jealous .....



Simple - you add the wrap BEFORE you fit the coil. The excess leg length that would normally be cut away can be used to wind on an extra wrap (raising the quoted resistance of the coil)

Did you learn something today? No need for anger or jealousy - just try it and be amazed.

#99 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:34:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
+1 details
Then, like I said, your "experiment" is moot. Removing the coil totally negates everything. I explained the experiment you need to try, and I've yet to see the results, or you even give a real example.

Youn are wrong, case closed. Changing your argument over and over just shows that you don't even take yourself seriously.

...and yes, you are definitely trying to change your original argument, which many users here remember. I thought you were "honest"?

Anyway, off to work. You sit home and think....it will do you some good, maybe, lol.

Edited on 1/10/2022 at 6:36 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#100 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:36:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

I think he is trying to say that a length of wire on its own does not change its resistance if not heated or cooled or mounted... which is true, but that was not your original point way back when he started trolling you.



If the day ever comes when you don't have to heat the Ni80 coils being discussed in that thread, his comment would be relevant. But it isn't.

#101 (permalink)      1/10/2022 6:40:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
carrion4worm wrote:

Then, like I said, your "experiment" is moot. Removing the coil totally negates everything.



You don't remove the coil - you add the wrap BEFORE you fit it.