Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#191 (permalink)      1/11/2022 5:11:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos344
+4 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Sabertooth gets it...a shame FT continues to put up with the lot of you.

Hope you're good fella. I feel I need to clarify something here;
Mate, we get on fine and we've had civil disagreements and discussions on certain Facebook groups, specifically about 18350s and high ohm tight MTL vaping being a fad in your eyes and (18350s) the original foundations and (high ohm ultra restricted MTL) the cornerstone of flavour chasing in mine (you're still wrong by the way)

but:

An embarrassment to the vaping community, and I hope you suffer in life...

I can't speak for everyone but I actually don't think people's issue is to do with what you disagree about, it's the way you go about saying it.
I can't work out whether that sentence is said in sincerity or in irony but come on man; What are you trying to achieve here? It's like that scene in Shane when Jack Palance throws a gun at the sheep herder's feet and tells him to pick it up. The sheep herder replies 'umm... no mister. I don't want to pick up the gun', reluctantly does and is then shot; 'You all saw... he had a gun!'.
It's simply cause and effect. You can't put sentences out there like that and not acknowledge that they are also part of the problem.

Sure, there are shitheads about and it isn't worth the effort or bother trying to convince shitheads not to be shitheads. They just are what they are and the embarrassment is for everyone, not just vapers... however on these forums every member has the ability to embarrass themselves as individuals albeit, for the most part, for very few outside of the community here who read these pages.
The most embarassing aspects of the wider vaping community is held in the hands of manufacturers who choose to either market their products at demographics who are either too young or the worst to represent it

Real vapers seem to like having me around, and that's the only support I want/need.

I do enjoy reading some of your posts but it's mainly because of your no compromise, take no prisoners approach to disagreements, which leads you to have all the grace of a rhino passing kidney stones.
As much as I do find that entertaining, I also think it would do you good to just agree to disagree sometimes. It will also do a heap of good for your blood pressure. Take it easy and chill out a little man.

#192 (permalink)      1/11/2022 5:25:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
+3 details
Good to hear from you again, Sabre! One thing I will always respect about you: when you disagree, you give valid, well thought out reasons, but above all, I know you love vaping, and come here for the right reasons.

I also know why you don't come here much, and I know it's not because of you trying to avoid me...we have too many "hangers on", who would rather destroy threads and point fingers instead of post photos or reviews, and yes, sometimes I have had my fill of their nonsense....

I don't feel I have your luxury- that of "tuning out" from this forum for months at a time. While I understand it, this forum needs someone with honest expertise...if I ever need to "step down", I would hope it would be you to continue the good work here.

It's a thankless job. No matter what I say, others who are jealous or "haters" will always detract....and, if I'm ever wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it, and personality (mine is, as you say, "no holds barred), isn't something that's right or wrong - though. I work on myself every day. It's a work in progress!

Stay well, friend!

Edited on 1/11/2022 at 5:27 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#193 (permalink)      1/11/2022 5:50:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12060
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32084
+2 details
I’ll tidy up and let myself out…

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#194 (permalink)      1/11/2022 5:59:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
carrion4worm wrote:

Good to hear from you again, Sabre! One thing I will always respect about you: when you disagree, you give valid, well thought out reasons, but above all, I know you love vaping, and come here for the right reasons.I also know why you don't come here much, and I know it's not because of you trying to avoid me...we have too many "hangers on", who would rather destroy threads and point fingers instead of post photos or reviews, and yes, sometimes I have had my fill of their nonsense....I don't feel I have your luxury- that of "tuning out" from this forum for months at a time. While I understand it, this forum needs someone with honest expertise...if I ever need to "step down", I would hope it would be you to continue the good work here.It's a thankless job. No matter what I say, others who are jealous or "haters" will always detract....and, if I'm ever wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it, and personality (mine is, as you say, "no holds barred), isn't something that's right or wrong - though. I work on myself every day. It's a work in progress!Stay well, friend!

You really ought to re-read Sabre's post to see if you can detect the message he. tactfully, tied to convey to you. Your reviews and photos are a positive contribution, however your 'bull in a china shop' reaction to any opinion that clashes with your own frequently crosses the line and becomes no more than abuse. When this happens you become the "hater".

Drop the abuse and all the problems you complain about will evaporate.

#195 (permalink)      1/11/2022 6:07:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
+1 details
To clarify: so, it's just me that needs to "drop the abuse", or are you policing everyone?

Because it seems less about " widespread abuse" among all users, and more about just me....

If you're gonna use sabre's words as "gospel", it would help to apply them to everyone.

Time will tell, I doubt it takes long, lol.
What does he mean when he says words?
#196 (permalink)      1/11/2022 6:19:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
+2 details
Not policing everyone Carrion, just pointing out to you that in this case it was your outburst way back in post 11 that, caused the derailment

You seem to elected yourself as the sites sole authority on all things vaping and casually describe anyone who you disagree with as a 'hanger on' or a newb. It is your casual contempt for others that is the problem - you weren't elected, or even nominated for any position of authority here, so please give the "Top Dog" act a rest.

Try to stop and think before you respond to others instead of charging in gums blazing. Your temper makes you your own biggest problem.
#197 (permalink)      1/11/2022 6:26:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CrispyKnickers
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedJan 2022
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#198 (permalink)      1/11/2022 6:28:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos344
$1.00 rebate earned+4 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Good to hear from you again, Sabre!

Glad you're well fella.

I also know why you don't come here much, and I know it's not because of you trying to avoid me...

Nah man. I have no issue with or reason to avoid you. I actually enjoy our disagreements more than when we do agree because the discussions are interesting.
The reason I don't come on these forums much is mainly because of how polluted the discussions have become, the spam and the political divisions spilling into personal hate and frankly I just don't have an appetite for any of it, especially when agreeing with one person and disagreeing with someone else is somehow seen as having to take sides in divisions I don't consider myself any part of.

I don't feel I have your luxury- that of "tuning out" from this forum for months at a time.

It's not even a luxury. It's just that the company I own requires me to spend half the year travelling the globe and then I end up taking extended breaks to jungles, rainforests and mountains because I need a break from bloody people.
That said, in all seriousness I find that a lot of people's character and principles are mirrored online as it is in person and I honestly don't have the energy to be as hard-nosed about things as you are. I'd find it draining even though I also think that mentality is necessary even if it is only for the few.

this forum needs someone with honest expertise...if I ever need to "step down", I would hope it would be you to continue the good work here.It's a thankless job.

It is definitely not me. I have the technical, electrical and scientific knowledge but not the breadth of experience with gear. I know my batteries and my wire/materials. If there was a venn diagram of why we have crossed paths on Facebook groups it is because of the massive experience you have with what you vape crossing over with a portion of the tiny niche area I do.
The funny thing is that if I put aside the fighting posts, I'd actually suggest that (from what I've read) the two users with the most experience to share with others have been you and DJ followed by Viking65 for general posts to help people even though it's pretty clear you're not mates.

No matter what I say, others who are jealous or "haters" will always detract....and, if I'm ever wrong about something, I have no problem admitting it, and personality (mine is, as you say, "no holds barred), isn't something that's right or wrong

I agree with you. I actually don't get that aspect of the dislike when you post photos of the gear you have because some of what you own are unicorns for a lot of people. I'd expect people to be more curious than they are... but then I think it is fair to say that it's less jealousy and more the many personal elements which are at play in people's responses.

I get people disliking people. I am not the easiest person to be friends with in person and by that I mean it takes an awful lot for me to like someone even though I (believe), I come across as likeable. That's all fine. I do wish the personal dislikes on this forum were taken out of posts though... and that criticism is aimed globally at everyone guilty of it.
If the personal attacks could be isolated to outside threads and those same people be objective in these ones, I'd probably be more active on here but as it is, if I'm honest, I do crave the more unified earlier days of these forums.

Take it easy and I'll catch you around. Peace man