Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      1/7/2022 1:33:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
No worries, fact is, though Evolv manufactures and assembles in the USA, many of the raw materials used come from China, like every other industry in every other country.

Another fact: China made a concerted effort to become a Global powerhouse in manufacturing, and not being encumbered by politics and having a concise and clear vision of the future helped make it happen. The USA chose political infighting, large salaries for CEOs, and other traps of capitalism...INSTEAD of helping jobs stay local.

So now we, like many others, buy from China. The only "war" is financial, as Butt-hurt American CEOs lose more employees due to decades of low pay and undervaluing employees. I totally respect China - they went from "third world" to "Kingpin", no small feat for a country as large as China.

So, though some may view "Made in China" as a bit of a slag, I KNOW that they are wrong. Just like Chinese modmakers and Evolv have a circular, somewhat symbiotic relationship, so too does the American dollar and China-made goods. We need each other, and definitely doesn't affect real patriotism.
What does he mean when he says words?
#52 (permalink)      1/7/2022 1:48:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
I totally understand wanting to support your own countries economy wherever possible, but I'm not Chinese, American or from any country in the EU so if I want any regulated device the board has to be sourced from elsewhere, so my choices are only on a bang for buck basis.

If I did use TC and had any interest in theme design I'd go Evolv without hesitation and just accept paying the price premium, but as I don't I'm only willing to pay double the price of a new release mainstream device for one with an Evolv board. If this does have a lightweight aluminium construction I'd be happy adding an extra $10 on top, but its currently still a little more than I want to pay - it doesn't need to drop by much though, if it ever drops below the $100 barrier I'll definitely be interested
#53 (permalink)      1/7/2022 6:34:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Thanks for at least finally being honest.
#54 (permalink)      1/7/2022 6:47:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Thanks for at least finally being honest.

I've always been honest Carrion, I don't know why you have a problem with that. Not sharing someone else's opinion about everything isn't dishonesty, or anything to feel threatened by.

#55 (permalink)      1/7/2022 7:45:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+5 details
It is sad you still try to provoke Carrion. Your snide comment that I am "finally being honest" is no more than a snide dig suggesting I must be a liar because I don't parrot your opinions.

It's great that you've dropped the vicious outbursts so you're halfway there - but starting a post with "Thanks for - and ending with "finally being honest" is just another attempt to keep the thread derailed and argumentative.

I'll happily stick to the thread subject manner and ignore you altogether, if you manage to stop targeting other forum members for abuse if they express a different opinion on a product to yours - as I don't enjoy having to read through your foul tempered outbursts to get back to the subject manner - if the thread ever gets back on track that is.

No faux thanks on offer, just honesty.
#56 (permalink)      1/8/2022 6:13:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+3 details
Crispycritters wrote:

I totally understand wanting to support your own countries economy wherever possible, but I'm not Chinese, American or from any country in the EU

Are you in Oz?

#57 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:05:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
It's no good if I have to explain EVERYTHING to you, Crispy Critter. Like I often recommend to you: Less typing, more thinking.

If you go over your last response, and think, you'll (maybe) see what a hypocrite you are being. The first aspect of your hypocrisy is already known - the fact that somehow when I say something "abusive" you find rude, I'm a problem. Then, you turn around and say "abusive" things yourself - making you guilty from the judge's podium!

The other aspect is on display in the last few sentences of the reply to Moldy's comment above...Like I said, you were NEVER interested in this product, only argument over your old "Ohm's Law" debacle vendetta.

Glad you were finally honest. Growth can occur. Seems you and Eternal Spline have lots in common - jealousy of me being foremost on display in these forums.
#58 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:31:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+4 details
I am not jealous of you, like I said I don't like you at all. I just think the best thing I can do to you, is let you do you. All the best to you, sincerely.
#59 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:36:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6943
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10332
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

jealousy of me being foremost on display in these forums.

Just because you type a lot of words doesn't alter the fact that the majority of the forum pictures you as a little child screaming and stamping your feet looking for attention

#60 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:43:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
Talk is cheap. Prove it, by NEVER speaking to me again. I'm here to talk vaping, not emotional issues. When your "kudo buddy" Crispy stops typing, and starts thinking, he'll hopefully come to terms as well. I don't care about the half-dozen haters here at FT...they do absolutely nothing worthwhile, but they are good at passive-aggressive "kudo-ing", and making more noise than the people that I AM here for.

Buh-bye. Happy 2022.
#61 (permalink)      1/8/2022 8:35:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+6 details
"Talk is cheap. Prove it, by NEVER speaking to me again. I'm here to talk vaping, not emotional issues. When your "kudo buddy" Crispy stops typing, and starts thinking, he'll hopefully come to terms as well. I don't care about the half-dozen haters here at FT...they do absolutely nothing worthwhile, but they are good at passive-aggressive "kudo-ing", and making more noise than the people that I AM here for.

Buh-bye. Happy 2022."

Do I speak to you much now?

Also this prove it by letting me tell you what to do, is just proving Richy7's point. It's petty and childish. You sound like a little kid about to slam his door, "never talk to me again"!!!!

I ignore you allot C4W, you brought me up. "Glad you were finally honest. Growth can occur. Seems you and Eternal Spline have lots in common - jealousy of me being foremost on display in these forums."

I am not jealous of you, like I said I don't like you at all. I just think the best thing I can do to you, is let you do you. All the best to you, sincerely. (ES)

"I'm here to talk vaping, not emotional issues."