[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

V2 Reviews anyone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      6/18/2022 5:05:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6058
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos9141
Still.Me wrote:

I really wanted to buy this mod if not for nostalgia sake.

I have owned about 7 SX Minis and loved them but my preferred mods by them were earlier, before the joystick which I do find somewhat cumbersome, at least by comparison.

That and, well I am past the point of getting excited with new vape gear and these days tend to prefer something much simpler and lighter.

I have tons of mods and the one I find using daily, more than any other is an old simple black eVic mini that has lasted about 6 years, on and off. It slips easily into my pocket whilst even an SX Mini MX I am finding just a bit too heavy these days.

So yes, really wanted it but realized in the end, I rarely even use my SL class.....so here we are.

I do miss buying new SX minis though. Loved them, in their day! 😢

Why not have a garage sale?

Get rid of that old junk you never use.

Maybe that toronto selling web page would work well this time.

#92 (permalink)      6/18/2022 5:10:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12932
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19763
I have thrown most of it out over the years, in various stages of purging. Selling vape gear, at least here was only half worthwhile if you had the latest/trendiest of gear. And then, I couldn't really be bothered much or little money.
Would only have been worthwhile had the gear been new and still sealed.

I don't know any vapers or smokers so I had no one to pass it on to.

Nowadays it is just easier to give items away, rather than sell it. We have various pages for our area and am always posting items I don't need and within minutes someone claims them. When you give items away it seems people are more apt to show up on time and/or not jerk you around with dozens of messages beforehand.
#93 (permalink)      6/21/2022 9:56:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2866
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2325
+3 details
Crispycritters wrote:

Analogue's crime is not to share Carrion's opinion.

And also that he finds it impossible to accept that as an MTL Vapor, I have for years vaped on coils I build myself with 0.42mm A1, at a 1.2 ohm resistance, and at 6-volts (30-watts). But apparently, according to Carrion, I don't.

Can't help feeling the guy's not quite right in the head tbh...

Personally, I'm always delighted that any former smoker is vaping, regardless how they choose to do it. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#94 (permalink)      6/22/2022 4:55:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
analogueman wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:
Analogue's crime is not to share Carrion's opinion.
And also that he finds it impossible to accept that as an MTL Vapor, I have for years vaped on coils I build myself with 0.42mm A1, at a 1.2 ohm resistance, and at 6-volts (30-watts). But apparently, according to Carrion, I don't.

Can't help feeling the guy's not quite right in the head tbh...

Personally, I'm always delighted that any former smoker is vaping, regardless how they choose to do it. :-)

First of all, be honest. I asked you to explain/describe your build, and you responded with your typical name calling...and only now have decided to/done enough research to describe your vaping style.

Remember, I mentioned early on that vapers don't need 6 volts. They don't...you just choose to vape dry, and./or replace coils more often. Honesty will set you free!

hope that's settled. I've always advocated doing what you want. I give advice for newer vapoers, and my advice is solid and true. The SL V2 will make any vaper happy.

What does he mean when he says words?
#95 (permalink)      6/22/2022 4:58:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
...and, it's 7 volts, not 6...so even YOU can "get onboard"!
What does he mean when he says words?
#96 (permalink)      6/22/2022 6:34:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
+3 details
Absolute dick, dick absolutely day today C4W?

"Remember, I mentioned early on that vapers don't need 6 volts."

As long as someone isn't making a type of mistake or doing something that will hurt themselves or others, why does it matter? If he vaped safely at 19 volts all day, who cares? It isn't up to you to determine what anyone needs, or doesn't need. You should probably stick to advising newbies, and BB users, I think they are the only ones who want to tolerate your attitude for any length of time.
#97 (permalink)      6/22/2022 7:07:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos751
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Remember, I mentioned early on that vapers don't need 6 volts. They don't....

Carrion confuses his opinion with fact.

And this mod has 7 which PROVES nobody will ever need 6.

Carrion's Law strikes again

Heil Vape, Vape Heil.

#98 (permalink)      6/22/2022 7:40:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rizzy
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos69
Guy's really enough of the stupidity people will be viewing this for information so provide it if you have it. The best mod for temp control is dynamic it provides the best vape constant doesn't seem to work as well as it should so hopefully an update will remedy that.
#99 (permalink)      6/22/2022 7:46:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2866
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2325
Rizzy wrote:

The best mod for temp control is dynamic it provides the best vape constant doesn't seem to work as well as it should so hopefully an update will remedy that.

Ah, but can the user update this mod's software to enable improvements? Everything I've read to date says that it's NOT user update-able. Can you confirm one way or another?

#100 (permalink)      6/22/2022 7:48:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rizzy
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos69
Sorry no I can't I haven't tried to update it but it has the USB c connection so can't see why sxi couldn't be used. After nearly bricking my MX class I'm hesitant to try so soon after release.
#101 (permalink)      6/22/2022 8:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2866
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2325
Rizzy wrote:

Sorry no I can't I haven't tried to update it but it has the USB c connection so can't see why sxi couldn't be used.

That doesn't really mean anything though, does it. Not every DNA based mod with a USB connection can access eScribe. As I say, everything I've read so far says it's not user update-able. So any improvements or updates would need to be factory based.

Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time so-called Reviewers have put out duff information on kit they've been sent.

Does anyone else know for sure, one way or another?