[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

V2 Reviews anyone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#61 (permalink)      3/29/2022 1:21:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos40
+3 details
Have no idea if anybody is still interested, but in his Sunday “What’s Up”, Vaping with Vic confirmed that there is no battery drain on the SL v2, same as I observed. He’ll be testing the SL v2 and the new G Class this week, I believe. Waiting to see if he notices the voltage limitations…
#62 (permalink)      3/29/2022 6:18:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
+1 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

Have no idea if anybody is still interested, but in his Sunday “What’s Up”, Vaping with Vic confirmed that there is no battery drain on the SL v2, same as I observed. He’ll be testing the SL v2 and the new G Class this week, I believe. Waiting to see if he notices the voltage limitations…

Of course there are vapers here that areinterested. don't let squabbles deter you from posting, those people aren't here for the right reasons, and will fade away eventually, so please post and be active!

Yep, there's current running (quiescent) when the new yihi chips are "asleep", but the important thing is YIHI has reduced that current, AND added a simple volts "cut-off" that will save your cells when they drop too low...(like DNA chips have, but not alter-able like DNA, however)

Still, a step in the right direction! I can't say i recommend the G-Class though, a bit of time yesterday with it has soured me on the mod - too many "features" that interrupt vaping time and a menu that, unbelievably, is more convoluted than the V1! The SL is much like the SL V1 chip/interface - simpler, more barebones, and more suitable for vaping, not "fiddling"...It seems YIHI learned AND regressed at the same time in some areas.

I doubt Vic will notice any voltage limitations, as there really aren't any for the average vaper with commonly available coiling wire. Since Vic buys premade coils, they should be made for normal vaping (around 4 volts, give or take).

I might get the G class when the price drops, but I don't know...the fact that the G class V2 is taller than the V1, plus all the menu/feature goofs, just make the SL V2 look superior in every way.

What does he mean when he says words?
#63 (permalink)      3/29/2022 7:05:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos40
+1 details
Just as an aside, I'm in agreement about the voltage. I can't dream of when I would need more than 6 volts, and a single battery mod is regardless not your first choice then anyway. I do, however, find I often need more than the max 4.2v on some of the crap mods, like the FreeMax Marvos S I bought without checking that the chip had a boost function. When I'm out and about I often carry a Nautilus 3 22 with me, and the coils I prefer over all others is the old Triton Mini 1.8ohm Clapton Coil, and then it's running about 4.5 volts to get that fab taste.I also love to play with my series deck for my Asgard Mini, and have enjoyed greatly my builds around 1.6ohms with SS Clapton wire, but again, I do run more volts. Is anyone else looking forward to the new triple coil series rda from Hellvape? (SERI rda SKU 9753062)
#64 (permalink)      3/29/2022 9:25:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
Unfortunately Vic's whats Up episode doesn't give any confirmation of if the parasitic draw has been resolved - he stated he has put a pair of fully charged batteries in the G class and WILL check them after the weekend and will reveal the results when he returns to his Studio, so at the time of recording he hadn't actually checked. He did say he Believed it had been resolved, but he hadn't checked. As Vic is a self proclaimed Yihi fanboy I would wait to hear the results before buying.

f you are only interested in the Yihi mods just jump to 34 minutes, it is really just a short 'first look' and gives minimal detail so I would wait for a full revue.

It will be interesting to see if Vic mentions the reduced voltage output of the mini. As Vic is a Yihi fanboy I'm not convinced that he will. I'd like to see DJSLB review this - Vic's penchant of crankiung up the power to max, taking a hit and expressing an opinion of how many watts he thinks he's getting doesn't make him that convincing when it comes to the technical stuff.
#65 (permalink)      3/29/2022 12:37:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos40
+1 details
Hehe, yeah, didn’t mean to say this was resolved, and forgot to mention his love for Yihi! If you go to 14:05 on the What’s Up, it’s there about him trying it already with the SL, and it’s before the “first look”. Not being pedantic, but for information‘a sake. Vic is a laugh to watch, but Daniel is the only reviewer who ever really checks the parameters himself. He saved me from buying that new Oxva Unibox, among others. He does seem to be a bit picky, or doesn’t do reviews from manufacturers who don’t send him products.
#66 (permalink)      3/29/2022 1:50:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
ZenAnarchi wrote:

Hehe, yeah, didn’t mean to say this was resolved, and forgot to mention his love for Yihi! If you go to 14:05 on the What’s Up, it’s there about him trying it already with the SL, and it’s before the “first look”. Not being pedantic, but for information‘a sake. Vic is a laugh to watch, but Daniel is the only reviewer who ever really checks the parameters himself. He saved me from buying that new Oxva Unibox, among others. He does seem to be a bit picky, or doesn’t do reviews from manufacturers who don’t send him products.

True, Vic did say the Mini doesn't suffer from parasitic drain but he failed to mention how he did this, but he was specific about how he was testing the G class. If someone like Daniel or Phil Busardo who tend to check things comprehensively made this statement I would accept it without question, but as this is Vic I'll wait until someone I trust reviews properly. Hopefully as these are the most interesting releases Yihi have made for several years (IMO) then they'll send them out to a lot of reviewers and not just the shills and Daniels review will be released soon.

I'll watch Vic to see the product and for entertainment, not so much for his expertise or opinion.

#67 (permalink)      4/24/2022 1:38:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos40
+4 details
If anyone is still interested , Daniel just dropped his review https://youtu.be/S1-W9E56S38 🤓 Results? No spoilers here 😂
#68 (permalink)      4/24/2022 2:42:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2550
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4152
+4 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

Daniel just dropped his review https://youtu.be/S1-W9E56S38

FTFY

#69 (permalink)      4/25/2022 7:04:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12945
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19782
So is anyone buying this one? And/or is it even available yet?
#70 (permalink)      6/15/2022 9:48:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rizzy
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos69
+2 details
Got mine yesterday put a battery in it turned it on and left it for 24 hours read 97% battery before and after not long I know but in my ml,q and MX classes battery drain did happen after 24 hours. Also mine has a volt limit of 7 so maybe newer batches have had a firmware update, got it on temp control and it's a very smooth Vape though setting tc up is a bit different but got it where I like it now.
#71 (permalink)      6/15/2022 10:13:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12945
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19782
Interesting. Clicking on the listing it is already discontinued. Sold out, or why I wonder?

Black Tang presently listed as temporarily sold out but all others discontinued 😳

Edited on 6/15/2022 at 10:15 AM