Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

did I receive the right colour? =)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/1/2022 5:53:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
+1 details
did I receive the right colour? =)
Kinda nice, not sure...
I expected something much less darker.

Or did I receive the "dark green" colour?

(trying hard to think of old beer bottles...)

Edited on 6/1/2022 at 6:11 AM
#2 (permalink)      6/1/2022 7:55:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+1 details
Yeah reminds me perfectly of grolsch beer, did you ever try that one? I can't remember it very well, so it must not have been horrible.

Damn you posting these, I just got clear frosted because I didn't think any others were out yet. Now I see the nice clear ones you got, and all these color options. I don't think I could have gotten any of these in the states though.

The solid black one, combined with the chip that some times feels like it needs 6-7 pushes instead of 5 was driving me nuts. Do the battery meters work on yours? Mine does not seem to care it always says it's at full charge. I contacted VV about it, and have heard nothing back yet. It's not a big deal the wattage range I am using it in doesn't put much of a dent in a 21700 with my light use.
#3 (permalink)      6/1/2022 8:35:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
The chip is ok on mines. I rarely switch a mod on and off as I don't pocket them. On the other side, have to say that they start wearing my battery wraps. I don't really know which one, don't keep track of it, just noticed it when taking one out of the clear Pulse. It might be the one.

The clear acrylic panel is the ever best looking.
Would've preferred a second one instead of this.
#4 (permalink)      6/1/2022 8:40:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
Never heard about Grolsch beer, but that's normal, even if it sounds very German. Being in different continents, we've never had the same supply ;)
#5 (permalink)      6/1/2022 8:56:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2795
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2250
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Kinda nice, not sure...I expected something much less darker. Or did I receive the "dark green" colour? (trying hard to think of old beer bottles...)

Gin bottle green... ;-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#6 (permalink)      6/1/2022 8:58:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
+1 details
Hehe, never been a steady gin drinker, but you've got a point there... :D
#7 (permalink)      6/1/2022 9:03:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
Yup, these were beer bottles... from my country :))

#8 (permalink)      6/1/2022 9:36:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2617
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2781
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

Yeah reminds me perfectly of grolsch beer, did you ever try that one? I can't remember it very well, so it must not have been horrible.

Damn you posting these, I just got clear frosted because I didn't think any others were out yet. Now I see the nice clear ones you got, and all these color options. I don't think I could have gotten any of these in the states though.

The solid black one, combined with the chip that some times feels like it needs 6-7 pushes instead of 5 was driving me nuts. Do the battery meters work on yours? Mine does not seem to care it always says it's at full charge. I contacted VV about it, and have heard nothing back yet. It's not a big deal the wattage range I am using it in doesn't put much of a dent in a 21700 with my light use.

The Chip, is fine in mine ES...

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#9 (permalink)      6/1/2022 9:36:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2617
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2781
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Kinda nice, not sure...I expected something much less darker. Or did I receive the "dark green" colour? (trying hard to think of old beer bottles...)

Hey that looks very Nice Cilika...

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#10 (permalink)      6/1/2022 10:21:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5946
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
"Yup, these were beer bottles... from my country :))"

These are much nicer bottles than the American beer bottles. If you do a google image search for "American beer bottles", you will see mainly what is our standard 12 ounce bottles. Do you get the Jamaican beer red stripe in your country? It comes in a fun, little 11 ounce rounded bottle, not a bad beer at all too.

"The Chip, is fine in mine ES..."

I am the only one with the bum chip! Did you also get the solid black XDM45ACP?
#11 (permalink)      6/1/2022 11:43:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16429
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
I think old Carlsberg beers had some similar bottles, def. seen some in the past like that!

Jamaican red stripe might exist here, maybe in some special places, but never met those...
Those long neck ones above, you don't see any-more either.

Maybe you should contact your vendor ES if it really bugs you. Or just take off the button to see, maybe a little something is stuck there.