Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

did I receive the right colour? =)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/1/2022 11:43:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16422
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29895
I think old Carlsberg beers had some similar bottles, def. seen some in the past like that!

Jamaican red stripe might exist here, maybe in some special places, but never met those...
Those long neck ones above, you don't see any-more either.

Maybe you should contact your vendor ES if it really bugs you. Or just take off the button to see, maybe a little something is stuck there.
#12 (permalink)      6/1/2022 11:56:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
"Or just take off the button to see, maybe a little something is stuck there."

Great idea, I don't know why I didn't think about doing that.

Yeah I figured going direct to VV would be easier than going to the vendor, I don't know why... I thought I heard something about them sending people frames and or chips. The vendor isn't one I use often, so not really sure if they will care much.
#13 (permalink)      6/1/2022 12:15:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16422
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29895
+1 details
Yeah that's funny, they are sending out new frames, yet to see how change it. If you need to de-solder/solder. Your vendor should be able to replace it if you can prove that smth is wrong.

...So I just can't get accommodated with that dark green thing. Probably it'd look great on the black plastic one though.
This is just sooo much nicer

Edited on 6/1/2022 at 12:19 PM
#14 (permalink)      6/1/2022 12:56:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Really the battery meter does not bug me all that much that it does not work, I just toss the battery on the charger now and then and I use it pretty lightly, two or three days I have barely worn it down. The button with the clear door, no big deal, I will pop it off later and check for anything under it though.

Proving the battery bar doesn't work though, do you need to send them a time lapse video for that lol.

The whole mod comes apart, but not sure when it gets to the chip if it is clipped in, or if it is soderd in place. My guess would be sodered.
#15 (permalink)      6/1/2022 4:35:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 292
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos113
Tony B just did a video update. Manufacturer warranty extended to 12 months, new frame includes new chip/etc. You just need your doors and tank apparently it also comes w/ another 510 nut but not 100% sure on the nut. New frame looks nice, I like the updated nut area.
#16 (permalink)      6/1/2022 4:38:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16422
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29895
Seriously... that's the colour I was expecting.

#17 (permalink)      6/1/2022 4:40:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
njrmayo wrote:

Tony B just did a video update. Manufacturer warranty extended to 12 months, new frame includes new chip/etc. You just need your doors and tank apparently it also comes w/ another 510 nut but not 100% sure on the nut. New frame looks nice, I like the updated nut area.

So who do you contact for that, I went directly to VV web site, and heard nothing back.

Maybe they will fade, leave them in the sun

#18 (permalink)      6/1/2022 4:51:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16422
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29895

Maybe they will fade, leave them in the sun

Sure... or to use some bleach

#19 (permalink)      6/1/2022 10:13:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1021
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos367
cilika, the color of the panels you received is correct. It is the green one. The picture listed on our website was offered by the manufacturer before. We have updated new pictures on the product page. We are sorry for the confusion caused.
#20 (permalink)      6/2/2022 3:21:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16422
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29895
Sorry to say Lydia, it is NOT correct. Yes, it's green. But! That's all. The colour (shade) definitely has changed by the manufacturers since their first batch or attempts.

Before I ordered it I found some photos on the net about, that's why I ordered. What I received is twice as much darker. Something like cooked spinach instead of grass green. =)) As the panels themselves, they look "nice", they just look sheite on any of the Pulses I have. (or they would, on any of the frosted versions IMHO)

I was going to order a "dark green" version, which on net photos looked like a not that dark teal bleu/green (which usually on Chinese sites called "dark green"), now I haven't got the slightest idea what would be sent... so I'm not ordering.

But thanks for uploading some real photos. It'd help if you made some pics on the a mod too. Maybe on a clear frosted one, with normal daylights to get the right ideas about.

Thank you.
#21 (permalink)      6/2/2022 4:42:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
Colour-accuracy in photos has always been a bit of a problem tbh.

Can you imagine paying out 750 for a gentle, subtle green stab wood, only for something the colour of Kermit the Frog's arse to arrive in the post!! Apparently it's happened... LOL!
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...