Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

any good?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/23/2022 3:20:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos265
Sounds like a fair assessment
Looking forward to hear from you how it goes once you have it in hand.

Edited on 5/23/2022 at 4:54 AM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      5/23/2022 4:15:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
laxal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 385
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos350
cebzab wrote:

I also see some possible flaws just by looking at it.
The plug thingy since it's attached to the front of the tank, the whole thing can pop out when you're trying to open it up to refill the tank.

You are right, best way is imho to remove the plug entirely to refill. Otherwise it may fall down to disappear, of course, somewhere behind or under some furniture where it would stay hidden for a long time...

Plus, it stays in the way when you refill, not very handy. Plus, I think it's best to open the two holes to let air escape when refilling.

And it can be reinstalled easily. Although maybe too easily, but for the moment on my tank, it stays in place, no leaks.

cebzab wrote:

Transparent silicone o-rings will become piss yellow after 2-3 weeks probably.

Piss yellow!! Haha! On mine, no coloration yet. 1 week use...

Edited on 5/23/2022 at 5:23 AM
#23 (permalink)      5/23/2022 6:48:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Looks just like the SVT Crossbow with airflow pins instead of using a condensation plate with different airflow tabs.
#24 (permalink)      5/23/2022 9:29:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos265
The differences are what makes the difference, dj.
More compact, less /thinner metal, effective juice flow system ( as per leaks/dry hits ) and a highly convincing vapor production. I will not comment on flavour as I very seldom vape flavour but others have said it’s great… and the texture is too.
It’s not like I dislike the crossbow, but this one is way above.
#25 (permalink)      7/31/2022 12:07:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos27
+2 details
I'm here just to post an update.
Dope is truly dope.
I'm kinda missing 1mm insert, 0.9 is just a tad more tight than I'd like.
Except for that, it's en excellent rba.

The unit tank on another hand, I had problems with it.
The bastard is leaking on me every time.
I think I didn't get replacement o-rings with mine.
#26 (permalink)      7/31/2022 4:28:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos265
+1 details
Good to hear you are enjoying the dope. I’ve been using only the dope for a while now and it’s a confirmed no leaker / no dry hitter as far as my experience goes.
since I got the bxr (just found out that rat “ table fires” when left lying button side down(:-/) I rediscovered my insider and exocet (both v2) with pleasure, I’d say the insider is second best, but far behind the dope because it’s a pain to wick:

I’m not going down the unit tank road based on that feedback!
#27 (permalink)      8/1/2022 10:18:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
laxal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 385
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos350
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yes, The Dope is a good RBA, indeed.

With mine, I had trouble with dry hits and leaking from the airflow pin when refilling.
But I use high VG.
I tried different ways of wicking and, for me and high VG, best results are when the cotton is cut at an angle on top of each side of the coil, then cut just a little bit longer than the wells, and cut what exceeds after placing the bell/topcap.

So it may not be as easy to wick as I first thought, with high VG...

As for the Unit Tank, I don't use it anymore since I received two classic boro tanks, SXK and PRC.
No leaking with mine (came with the Bantam Box), it's just I don't like it much, very subjective.

You were right, Cebzab, the silicone o-rings become very yellow after some use, especially the fill port plug.
And my juices are not yellow at all...

Three days ago, I received The Cloud. I really like it. No wicking issues (for the moment) and very pleasant. It may be more suitable for high VG.
With 1mm and 1.5mm airflow, it is dead silent. 2 and 3mm are very quiet.
Strangely, I find these airflow really tighter than what I'm used to. I vape with the 3mm, which is not at all what I choose for my others RBAs and RTAs... I guess it is a real MTLer.
#28 (permalink)      8/1/2022 10:48:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos27
Gigirat67 wrote:

I’ve been using only the dope for a while now and it’s a confirmed no leaker / no dry hitter as far as my experience goes.
since I got the bxr (just found out that rat “ table fires” when left lying button side down(:-/) I rediscovered my insider and exocet (both v2) with pleasure, I’d say the insider is second best, but far behind the dope because it’s a pain to wick:

I’m not going down the unit tank road based on that feedback!

I did the wicking correctly on my 3rd try. 1st one was a little dry, 2nd one was gurgling a bit. It was just a small learning curve. Nothing crazy. 50/50 juice.

laxal wrote:

Three days ago, I received The Cloud. I really like it. No wicking issues (for the moment) and very pleasant. It may be more suitable for high VG.
With 1mm and 1.5mm airflow, it is dead silent. 2 and 3mm are very quiet.
Strangely, I find these airflow really tighter than what I'm used to. I vape with the 3mm, which is not at all what I choose for my others RBAs and RTAs... I guess it is a real MTLer.

It looks like a mini vapeshell.
Vapeshell is my all time favorite.
I might pick it up next time I order something.