Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

6v for a dual 18650
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/22/2022 6:11:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggibuh
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos9
6v for a dual 18650
6v for a dual 18650 think ill pass

Yihi used to do good mods now they just do cheap chips/boards nothing like their old stuff

min 8v for a dual 18650 and minimum 9v on a single bat so that rules out their new single 21700 mod as well

bye bye ;)
#2 (permalink)      3/22/2022 7:10:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2853
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2304
+1 details
Yeah, it would appear Yihi pegged the voltage on both new mods (chip-sets), though as someone pointed out in another thread, perhaps it will change with a future software update.

One step forward and two steps back in my opinion.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#3 (permalink)      3/22/2022 8:04:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 414
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos122
+1 details
Oi vhey my lil swag 2 can do 9v on a single 18650... gtfo Yihi garbage, it's prolly still got nasty battery drain to, as one of their ongoing features.
#4 (permalink)      3/22/2022 8:07:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrjohs
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos331
So you are running high voltages on high resistance coils? To need 6 volts at 200 watts the coil would need to be 0.18 ohms, and to get 100 watts 0.36 ohms.

Given the typical gauge of wire(s) used in coils intented for high wattage, do they typically exceed those kind of ohms? I don't know, as I typically vape ~1 ohm coil at 16 watts.
#5 (permalink)      3/22/2022 8:51:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2853
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2304
njrmayo wrote:

it's prolly still got nasty battery drain to, as one of their ongoing features.

Wrong! No longer an issue apparently.

#6 (permalink)      3/22/2022 6:18:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
Confirmed as 8 volts, totally respectable.
What does he mean when he says words?
#7 (permalink)      3/23/2022 3:44:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
mrjohs wrote:

So you are running high voltages on high resistance coils? To need 6 volts at 200 watts the coil would need to be 0.18 ohms, and to get 100 watts 0.36 ohms.

Given the typical gauge of wire(s) used in coils intented for high wattage, do they typically exceed those kind of ohms? I don't know, as I typically vape ~1 ohm coil at 16 watts.

What? How dare you vape 1 ohm at 16 watts!!!! 4 volts is for lightweights, lol!

#8 (permalink)      3/23/2022 4:27:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
We have double checked with the manufacturer and the mod's output is 6V.

Here is the manufacturer's reply to us, in their own words:

G V2 was designed for max output of 6v. this is because we get a higher efficiency. and we can ensure the output until the battery is empty.

All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#9 (permalink)      3/23/2022 4:40:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2853
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2304
geek wrote:

Thanks for confirming that.

So it would appear both the newly designed chip-sets from Yihi in the rebooted SL and G-Classes have been pegged at 6 volts. So while you no longer have the (in)famous slow battery drain, you're now restricted to 6 volts output.

What a shame. As I say, one step forward, and two steps back.

#10 (permalink)      3/23/2022 4:48:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
geek wrote:

Here is the manufacturer's reply to us, in their own words:
G V2 was designed for max output of 6v. this is because we get a higher efficiency. and we can ensure the output until the battery is empty.

Well, we have a quandary! I won't post the YouTube video, as it's 150 minutes long...but users can watch at their leisure, and the "presenter" gives G class stats very early in the video, and he says 8 volts. @ 8 minutes in. Not that any vaper really needs 6,7, or 8 volts to obtain a good vape, but people have expectations - realistic or not.

channel name: Scuba / video title: sx mini G-class v2 & sl class v2 close look & all the info you need

Edited on 3/23/2022 at 5:04 AM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      3/23/2022 5:08:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggibuh
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos9
carrion4worm wrote:

geek wrote:We have double checked with the manufacturer and the mod's output is 6V.Here is the manufacturer's reply to us, in their own words:G V2 was designed for max output of 6v. this is because we get a higher efficiency. and we can ensure the output until the battery is empty.Well, we have a quandary! I won't post the YouTube video, as it's 150 minutes long...but users can watch at their leisure, but the "presenter" gives G class stats very early in the video, and he says 8 volts. @ 8 minutes in. Not that any vaper really needs 6,7, or 8 volts to obtain a good vape, but people have expectations - realistic or not.channel name: Scuba / video title: sx mini G-class v2 & sl class v2 close look & all the info you need

If yihi confirmes its 6v output i dont really care what some youtuber says otherwise, on that note if yihi cant make a mod that dosent result in parazit battery drain at 8v output and have to throttle down perhaps its time for them to accept they cant make a decent mod anymore. there was no drain on the q mini og mini q mini i had both...i dont recall the g class having it either but cant say for sure as i only had that for 2 month before i returned it for a refund.

on a 170 us dollars mod i would expect 8v on dual batteri and 9v on a single 21700 otherwise there are cheaper options outthere or even better, a dna. the mod shouldent dictate what ohms and wattage a user wants to run it at but be able to handle (simple from all the way back in 2015) what previous mods can instead of saving a few pennyes on the board/chip it self.

In the end my oppnion dosent matter i just keep getting confirmed Yihi isent a good mod manufacture anymore and will look elsewhere in the future