Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

6v for a dual 18650
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/23/2022 5:08:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggibuh
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos9
carrion4worm wrote:

geek wrote:We have double checked with the manufacturer and the mod's output is 6V.Here is the manufacturer's reply to us, in their own words:G V2 was designed for max output of 6v. this is because we get a higher efficiency. and we can ensure the output until the battery is empty.Well, we have a quandary! I won't post the YouTube video, as it's 150 minutes long...but users can watch at their leisure, but the "presenter" gives G class stats very early in the video, and he says 8 volts. @ 8 minutes in. Not that any vaper really needs 6,7, or 8 volts to obtain a good vape, but people have expectations - realistic or not.channel name: Scuba / video title: sx mini G-class v2 & sl class v2 close look & all the info you need

If yihi confirmes its 6v output i dont really care what some youtuber says otherwise, on that note if yihi cant make a mod that dosent result in parazit battery drain at 8v output and have to throttle down perhaps its time for them to accept they cant make a decent mod anymore. there was no drain on the q mini og mini q mini i had both...i dont recall the g class having it either but cant say for sure as i only had that for 2 month before i returned it for a refund.

on a 170 us dollars mod i would expect 8v on dual batteri and 9v on a single 21700 otherwise there are cheaper options outthere or even better, a dna. the mod shouldent dictate what ohms and wattage a user wants to run it at but be able to handle (simple from all the way back in 2015) what previous mods can instead of saving a few pennyes on the board/chip it self.

In the end my oppnion dosent matter i just keep getting confirmed Yihi isent a good mod manufacture anymore and will look elsewhere in the future

#12 (permalink)      3/23/2022 5:17:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
iggibuh wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
geek wrote:We have double checked with the manufacturer and the mod's output is 6V.Here is the manufacturer's reply to us, in their own words:G V2 was designed for max output of 6v. this is because we get a higher efficiency. and we can ensure the output until the battery is empty.Well, we have a quandary! I won't post the YouTube video, as it's 150 minutes long...but users can watch at their leisure, but the "presenter" gives G class stats very early in the video, and he says 8 volts. @ 8 minutes in. Not that any vaper really needs 6,7, or 8 volts to obtain a good vape, but people have expectations - realistic or not.channel name: Scuba / video title: sx mini G-class v2 & sl class v2 close look & all the info you need

If yihi confirmes its 6v output i dont really care what some youtuber says otherwise, on that note if yihi cant make a mod that dosent result in parazit battery drain at 8v output and have to throttle down perhaps its time for them to accept they cant make a decent mod anymore. there was no drain on the q mini og mini q mini i had both...i dont recall the g class having it either but cant say for sure as i only had that for 2 month before i returned it for a refund.

on a 170 us dollars mod i would expect 8v on dual batteri and 9v on a single 21700 otherwise there are cheaper options outthere or even better, a dna. the mod shouldent dictate what ohms and wattage a user wants to run it at but be able to handle (simple from all the way back in 2015) what previous mods can instead of saving a few pennyes on the board/chip it self.

In the end my oppnion dosent matter i just keep getting confirmed Yihi isent a good mod manufacture anymore and will look elsewhere in the future

That's right, Evolv dna 100c mods are cheaper, and much better any way you look at it. The cratom looks decent at 119.00, and the Hyperion is an Aegis with a DNA chip, which is perfect for "rough and tumble" use.

I wouldn't be so quick to accept a manufacturer's stats, though. It's mind-boggling how many times they are wrong about their company's own devices. Since their is no "Voltage Mode" per se, max voltage achieved must be done with build and wattage settings, and believe me, this mod does obtain 8 volts, though possibly only as a "pulse wave" type feature.

What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      3/23/2022 5:26:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
...and yes, ALL the mods/chips you listed have no low voltage cut off, resulting in near ruined cells. All yihi chips have always had quiescent current, like many chips...the difference is YIHI did not implement a cut off point where the mod just "cuts off", ending battery drain. You probably regularly used those mods, so never noticed it. It happens when the mod becomes a "shelf queen" for a few weeks with a cell installed. Asmodus chips suffer this malady as well, with no low voltage cut-off.
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      3/23/2022 5:39:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2853
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2304
iggibuh wrote:

there was no drain on the q mini og mini q mini i had both...i dont recall the g class having it either but cant say for sure as i only had that for 2 month before i returned it for a refund.

That's not the case I'm afraid old chap. They ALL did, and was apparent if you left the mod unused for a time. It wasn't a problem... as long as you were aware of it, and acted appropriately.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#15 (permalink)      8/13/2022 5:07:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6946
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10340
+1 details
Overpriced junk !!
#16 (permalink)      8/13/2022 5:22:58 PM US Central  
PizzleSkeeeets
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedAug 2022
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Message removed by a moderator (troll account)
#17 (permalink)      8/21/2022 7:22:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rizzy
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos69
Mine goes up to 7 volts and for the price it's a great little mod.
#18 (permalink)      8/21/2022 8:36:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 395
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
Obviously this is a buck chip, it can never output more than battery voltage and that is battery voltage under load.
DNA buck boards when running 2 cells are doing the same.