[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

How's 5Avape?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#301 (permalink)      7/22/2022 5:06:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos39
cilika wrote:

minimag03 wrote:
Did you guys see there is already a NEW BXR from Hussar? It's like the BXR Mini or BXR Lite or something like that. Smaller, lighter, etc. I love Hussar but I cannot help but feel like they rushed the OG BXR to market to cash-in on the boro craze, not giving it the normal love that's well known from a high-end manufacturers. That was pretty obvious by the issues on the first generation. I mean, who the heck sends Mark Todd a mod with those kinda issues?!Imagine if you had paid $400-$500 for one of these things? I'd be MAD lolGlad to hear 5A got their clones together tho :)
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/9755201/t/3167678/got-one/3
And pretty similar thoughts there from analogueman =)

I already sold mine. It's not a bad mod.
It feels solid.
But it feels more bulky in hand compared to bb. Even though it's almost the exact same weight as bb it actually feels a bit heavier and the super fine threading didn't inspire confidence. FT should start selling replacement battery cap for it. Mark my words, first thing to go in that mod will be when u cross-thread that little bugger. Also I wasn't lucky enough so I got a unit with a rattling button.

I believe that people are angry because the BXR really feels like a prototype, while that slim version looks like a final product.

I ordered KBR-S, that one is more my jam.
I'm all about lightweight stuff.
40 grams advertised. We'll see what's it like in real life though.

#302 (permalink)      7/22/2022 6:02:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
anonnian
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 38
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos30
cebzab wrote:
I ordered KBR-S, that one is more my jam.
I'm all about lightweight stuff.
40 grams advertised. We'll see what's it like in real life though.[/quote]

Just an fyi - there's an updated version of that mod as well called KBR-X. It's 21700 and has an adjustable pin.

Edited on 7/22/2022 at 6:05 AM
#303 (permalink)      7/22/2022 8:50:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 441
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
anonnian wrote:

cebzab wrote:I ordered KBR-S, that one is more my jam.I'm all about lightweight stuff.40 grams advertised. We'll see what's it like in real life though.

Just an fyi - there's an updated version of that mod as well called KBR-X. It's 21700 and has an adjustable pin.[/quote]

Now that's wassup, if its still that tiny but slightly larger for the 21700, I'm down with that. Does the authentic have any style of battery cover or snap-on situation like an Abyss or something? Not a big fan of the exposed battery.

#304 (permalink)      7/23/2022 4:03:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 534
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos272
+1 details
Finally got mine last night. Button rattle and one door magnet is loose (never seen a drip of glue for what I could tell). Easy fix. Other than that all good. Quite happy with it, is spite of these minor imperfections, considering the price.
I don’t share the concerns expressed about battery cap threads, but time may prove me wrong.
Contact nut replaced with Intan immediately and all rbas work fine.
#305 (permalink)      7/23/2022 5:23:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos39
njrmayo wrote:

Now that's wassup, if its still that tiny but slightly larger for the 21700, I'm down with that. Does the authentic have any style of battery cover or snap-on situation like an Abyss or something? Not a big fan of the exposed battery.

No battery cover as far as I know.
Apparently there's a noticeable difference when you hold them both in your hands - KBR-S vs KBR-X.
KBR-X feels bulkier.
I'm an MTL guy, LG MJ1 lasts 2 days for me. I'm all good with 18650's.
Although, if somebody is doing like +/- 40 watts on a boro device, I'd imagine that you'd be able to endure a bit of bulk for additional 1000 mah.

#306 (permalink)      7/23/2022 5:38:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16526
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30068
+2 details
Great, finally Gigirat!
I thought my eyes went wrong (even more...) when saw this: my order has just got alive this morning and is ready for shipping

Edited on 7/23/2022 at 5:54 AM
#307 (permalink)      7/23/2022 6:21:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 534
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos272
Good for you! I hope yours comes fast and well. Considering the ups and downs of QC for this product it’s a bit of a gamble.
Having used mine for a few hours now I concure with previous opinions that it’s not the best mod to start exploring boro land but I’m really liking it.

Do keep us posted if you please @

Edited on 7/23/2022 at 6:22 AM. Reason:
#308 (permalink)      8/2/2022 3:34:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Thedon1
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 178
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos57
+1 details
Well my white silver bxr turned up just a couple hours ago, and so far i love it, no button rattle
the threading on the battery cap has been great, the cap is thin though.
and up to now ive tried, 3 atty's =dope, bridg'd, and qbix, and the 510 top nut has worked and made contact with all of them easy,
the bxr is basically the same weight as a billet box, but the bxr feels so much more comfortable in the hands
will have to see how the white color holds up only time will tell,
the board is good too, so im really happy with mine, will leave a review once ive used it for a good while longer.
#309 (permalink)      8/3/2022 6:48:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 441
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
+1 details
Thedon1 wrote:

Well my white silver bxr turned up just a couple hours ago, and so far i love it, no button rattle
the threading on the battery cap has been great, the cap is thin though.
and up to now ive tried, 3 atty's =dope, bridg'd, and qbix, and the 510 top nut has worked and made contact with all of them easy,
the bxr is basically the same weight as a billet box, but the bxr feels so much more comfortable in the hands
will have to see how the white color holds up only time will tell,
the board is good too, so im really happy with mine, will leave a review once ive used it for a good while longer.

Indeed, I'm very pleased w/ mine as well besides the stock nut, but the SXK's work fine so I've got a spare flush nut in there and it's a happy camper. Such a comfy mod to use/hold.

#310 (permalink)      8/3/2022 8:49:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16526
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30068
Great to hear! I won't be there when my BXR arrives. Will see it 2-3 week later. I hope to have more luck with it than with the Ion.
#311 (permalink)      8/4/2022 10:50:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2630
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2787
+1 details
Don't worry Ms. C I'll stop by and pick it up for you...
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”