[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A Re-wrap of...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/29/2022 7:19:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

analogueman wrote:

That's just prejudicial generalising. One finds both good and bad. This particular cell is marked as authentic.

No it's fact... This one is marked 600mAh... It's physically impossible...

The Trustfire you linked to is a much smaller 10440 battery, hence the low capacity. But as it's a Trustfire cell if will probably have less than half the claimed capacity. They're notoriously bad.

#12 (permalink)      4/29/2022 8:33:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26274
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21063
^ Yes and it is physically impossible to pack enough lithium into a cell that size to store 600mAh...
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#13 (permalink)      4/30/2022 1:17:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2868
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2327
Vapor wrote:

No it's fact...

Nope, you're making prejudicial assumptions that because it comes from China, it must be like all Trustfires, which is nonsense.

As I've said, some cells from China are okay, some aren't. Which is the reason for asking if anyone knows what's under the skin of this particular Efest re-wrap. If you don't know, just say so.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#14 (permalink)      4/30/2022 6:32:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26274
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21063
Assumptions? Okay but, I have never had a problem with cells originating out of other countries overstating capacity... So I will assume with prejudice that it is a china problem... ;)

Edited on 4/30/2022 at 7:03 AM
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#15 (permalink)      4/30/2022 7:01:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2868
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2327
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

So I will assume with prejudice that it is a china problem... ;)

Oh indeed, many are outrageously overstated on their wrapping, and always have been. But we also know from the past (Mooch testing etc), that some Efest cells have actually lived up to the stated specs.

I simply wondered, given what we know about how Efest operates, what was underneath the skin, so it can be determined whether the cell is a good one or otherwise. These claimed 3500 mAh cells are currently being sold out of some certain vape shops here in the UK, so it might be useful to some here who don't have access to the acknowledged good consistent cells (Murata, Molicel, Samsung etc).

#16 (permalink)      4/30/2022 7:03:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26274
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21063
I'm thinking as the east raise prices higher than they are in the west we need to hold them to higher standards...

When items are offered at half price a risk is often worth taking... Not with these prices...

Edited on 4/30/2022 at 7:06 AM
#17 (permalink)      4/30/2022 7:56:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2868
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2327
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

When items are offered at half price a risk is often worth taking... Not with these prices...

Oh, these Efests are WAY overpriced by FT, regardless of their stated specs. You can get them for seven pounds each in the average vape shop here (about USD 9.00), and that includes sales tax!

Vapor wrote:

I'm thinking as the east raise prices higher than they are in the west we need to hold them to higher standards...

I totally agree.

#18 (permalink)      4/30/2022 8:54:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
Buying batteries from a vape shop is a big markup. Why don't you buy your batteries from battery shops?

Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery 4.99 at a battery shop, so I wouldn't touch a re-wrapped piece of shit like this for more than 2.00 a piece. These stupid batteries at the shop I use are more expensive than other batteries that are better, and these have weirdly been left without an amp rating. No interest in that, personally.

So far for me the Molicel batteries I got where just OK. Maybe I got a bad batch, who knows. The best batteries I have used are the LG brown batteries. Maybe it is how I use them? Oddly they are now missing from the battery shop I use, zero available. They have held up the longest out of any of the batteries I have purchased. I don't use them in mechs and use them in pairs of two in regulated mods, at 60-135W
#19 (permalink)      4/30/2022 9:08:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2868
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2327
EternalSpline wrote:

Buying batteries from a vape shop is a big markup. Why don't you buy your batteries from battery shops?

Depending upon the country you're from, many/most of the quality brands are simply unavailable, which is where guys like FT come into their own. Efest are a known brand, but knowing what's under the wrap of these jobbies would be useful for potential buyers.

#20 (permalink)      4/30/2022 9:24:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

EternalSpline wrote:
Depending upon the country you're from, many/most of the quality brands are simply unavailable, which is where guys like FT come into their own. Efest are a known brand, but knowing what's under the wrap of these jobbies would be useful for potential buyers.

That makes sense, about the country part.

Known brand yes, but a little sketchy/untrustworthy is my personal feeling whenever questions like "what's under the wrap" come up. I am not a brand loyalist or anything, but the name brands feel safer to me with batteries.

Thanks for the clarifications though, I get it now, in another country can't get access to particular brands and kind of need to know what's under the wrap because there isn't allot of availability of options... I get that. Good luck with finding out, maybe FT will cut one open for you or test one.

#21 (permalink)      4/30/2022 9:27:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
You may also be able to get certain batteries by taking apart tool battery packs, seems like a pain in the ass to me but in a pinch it could be a good source of readily available batteries. Youtube might be able to tell you a bit about what batteries are in what packs.