[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

This one looks good!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/17/2022 1:51:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
This one looks good!
I wonder what Oumier, has done to make it not good. If memory serves me the last two or three things they came out with had issues that messed them up. Looking at their, actual site it's actually not that bad. Also they are the ones that came out with the Bulk, which was not a bad RTA. I had forgotten that was them.

They made an RTA called "the white bone mini RTA" horrible name lol.

Hopefully we will see some reviews soon to get a better look at this one.
#2 (permalink)      6/19/2022 1:44:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2893
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4633
Seems interesting. Good grip above and at the bottom, 26mm. Bit surprised that they didnt add a 2nd honecomb airflow option. But for that price, will go on the wishlist.
We can't agree on everything.
#3 (permalink)      6/19/2022 7:59:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
It's done in a similar style to the blitzen by geekvape and the V3 aromamizer two of my favorites.

I wish the airflow was done a little better, but if these are 20.00 like I think I saw them on a site, then that is a great deal for a cheap version of a great style of RTA. I think my only issue is convincing myself I need a cheap version of things I already own. Who knows though maybe it will be better, it is so hard to tell with this stuff.
#4 (permalink)      6/19/2022 8:27:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2893
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4633
Since i have and the Blitzen and the V3, we must have the same vape style. It made me immediatly think of the blitzen apart from the airflow. I like the blitzen but i wish they would have added the option to close one horizontal row on the airflow.
#5 (permalink)      6/19/2022 8:44:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
Yeah I bought three V3s for the better airflow control, lol. I believe we do have a similar taste. The V3 has to have the dual coil deck for me though. The other decks aren't bad, but the dual coil is my favorite. I have gotten the mesh deck to a spot that I like it though. I just had to really figure out wicking on it.
#6 (permalink)      6/19/2022 8:51:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 825
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos749
I'm a little curious about this, but the airflow is making alarm bells ring in my head. I like some restriction and tend to close down most airflow to about 50%, but every atty I've bought with side airflow that can't be centred on the coils doesn't get used.

I bought the Wasp 2 RDA and Wasp 2 RTA single coiler on spec because they were cheap enough to gamble on. The RDA with inner sleeve and cap that allows you to set the airflow however you wish and centre it on the coils works perfectly for me and I've been using it daily for the last 4 or 5 months. I used the single coil RTA 2 for a couple of days until it went into a drawer (the huge side airflow ports in the deck didn't do it for me), and I'll have to be really desperate if I dig it out again.

I'll look out for a few reviews to see this properly, but even at $20 I can't get excited about this one.

Edited on 6/19/2022 at 8:56 AM
#7 (permalink)      6/19/2022 9:49:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2893
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4633
I'm with you on the centered airflow. Its a bit sad that by now they havent figured that out. This one could be ok for a dual 4/5 wraps parallel coil i think.
#8 (permalink)      6/19/2022 10:13:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 825
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos749
philipvdb wrote:

I'm with you on the centered airflow. Its a bit sad that by now they havent figured that out. This one could be ok for a dual 4/5 wraps parallel coil i think.

Your earlier suggestion of a honeycomb airflow was a good one, but it's a pity they didn't think of including an additional more restrictive airflow ring but given the bargain basement price of most Oumier products I can't see that happening.

In the past I've used a bit of tape on the side airflow of flavourless cloud-chucker atties so I can keep it 'wide open', get air to the entire width of the coils and boost the flavour. It looks like ass but works, but yeah - they should have figured out a way by now to restrict airflow and still give decent coil coverage because this is a step backwards..

Edited on 6/19/2022 at 11:18 AM
#9 (permalink)      6/19/2022 12:34:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2893
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4633
+2 details
I sometimes use a beauty ring , those rubber bands to block the upper airflow but after 15 min I have to reajust it so its also not the perfect solution

Edited on 6/19/2022 at 12:37 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      6/19/2022 1:20:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ckejjOmega
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1636
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos6301
very well airflow much clowdz
#11 (permalink)      6/19/2022 2:53:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
It is only 5 holes, so hopefully it is a touch restricted fully open. Probably the only way it will be good, without the centering. Definitely a good point, but I am going to try and stay hopeful on this one. Not enough dual coil stuff is coming out.