[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Anniepan - MAP not working
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#101 (permalink)      8/3/2022 2:17:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AutomaticFailure
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 154
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos69
So after fiddling with this thing a bit, my issues appear to be gone
- Battery cap sits snug with no play, not losing connection anymore (it has to do with the drip tip nut actually tightening the connection)
- Mod used to get warm, seems fine now ~.5ohm coil around 30-35 watts
- Had connection issues with the nut, seems to have worked itself out after retightening a few times
- battery life seems longer, though could just be the age of some of my batteries
- Haven't tried any integrated tips yet, though the stiffness of the threading is not as tight as before

Still not 100% if I really enjoy this mod yet, but like all SXK type mods, there typically is a day or few playing around with it to get it to work correctly.
#102 (permalink)      8/5/2022 5:35:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos192

I am indeed impressed with the shipping time, and hope a couple of other orders on the way from here are following suit.

And I'll be damned if another of the orders didn't show up today... :) Shipped on July 22nd.. Just around 2 weeks to my door. Now, one more to go.

I received a red window panel with this order, and must admit that it doesn't look half bad on my silver Ion, but know that the smoked / black will look best IMO. The other item of interest in this order was the VWM Dope clone ( SKU 9751866 ) that I picked up for $14.71. DEAD EASY build / wicking on this little guy. The 1.2 pin is perfect MTL for me, and it's really making some caramel apple juice I've been enjoying POP!! I've been using it in the ION with no issues.

I continue to be enjoying the hell out of this device... :)

"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#103 (permalink)      8/6/2022 9:35:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 110
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
To anyone looking to snag one of the DNA 60 versions at the initial MAP price, they're listed under the sale on FT's main page :)

Make me want to order a silver one to go along with my black :P

Edited on 8/6/2022 at 9:35 AM
#104 (permalink)      8/8/2022 9:37:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos192
minimag03 wrote:

To anyone looking to snag one of the DNA 60 versions at the initial MAP price, they're listed under the sale on FT's main page :)Make me want to order a silver one to go along with my black :P

Yeah, me too... I just placed an order for one in black, plus another of the Dope clones.. ;) Now, just hoping that the QC is as up to par on the incoming black, as it was on my silver. :)

I must say that PayPal has been quite pleasant to work with offering me "Pay-In-4" plans on the gift certificate purchases lately... Really made the last Ion purchase and this one relatively painless.

"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#105 (permalink)      8/24/2022 2:12:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos192
REALLY impressive shipping times from here lately... Received my order with the black Ion Box after only waiting around 2 weeks. The previous 2 orders in similar time as well. I have one more order going out today, and have my fingers crossed. ;)

The black Ion Box is well-made, and shares the same excellent finish / QC as my silver version. The one exception being that the clear door panel on the black has a bit of play in it, unlike the extremely well-fitting one on the silver. The DNA 60 is working as expected, and functions well.

Considering that the silver DNA 60 version is now discontinued here, I'm quite happy to have snagged one in both black and silver for the discounted price paid.