[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Anniepan - MAP not working
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      7/5/2022 1:03:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2855
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2305
minimag03 wrote:

I wish FT still gave us deliver predictions for each individual item in the order.

Totally agree. A step backwards when that function disappeared, though in fairness, it wasn't always hugely accurate.

carrion4worm wrote:

Well! SOMEBODY definitely doesn't seem to have this Forums best interest in mind! Color me surprised, what with all the "Spam Policing" they've been doing...you would think they "Cared"...

Oh, what a shame. And your absence has been so pleasant too...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#22 (permalink)      7/6/2022 7:48:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 110
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
Now they've disappeared all together from FT. I also noticed only certain versions have been listed other places. These must have sold quickly
#23 (permalink)      7/6/2022 7:55:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2855
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2305
minimag03 wrote:

Now they've disappeared all together from FT. I also noticed only certain versions have been listed other places. These must have sold quickly

Either that, or there's an unexpected problem, and everyone who ordered one will be getting a message in the next few days asking if they want a Gift Certificate refund!

#24 (permalink)      7/6/2022 8:05:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
One or the other...first i thought the OG maker has maybe sued SXK, but it wouldn't explain that on one of the comp. sites, only one version from the 4 is still available.

All the version were listed on both the friendly places, minimag03.

Edited on 7/6/2022 at 9:24 AM
#25 (permalink)      7/6/2022 8:08:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
How much does the OG PRC Ion cost? Now just getting curious =)
#26 (permalink)      7/6/2022 8:34:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2855
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2305
This one is most odd. Normally when something sells out, either rapidly or otherwise, it remains on the site, tagged as 'Discontinued'. These have just vanished into thin air!

It's quite possible you're right about there being an issue between the original manufacturer and SXK lobbing out a batch of their own, causing FT to 'ghost out' the product on their site.

Ooo, the drama... ;-)
#27 (permalink)      7/6/2022 8:58:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
+1 details

Ooo, the drama... ;-)

Don't be mean, just because you've never wanted one! ;-)

Went to see what are the options over there... W/o MAP you pay basically the same for the Sevo version as you would've paid for the DNA here. After VAT, shipping fees, and...
For PP, a year ago you just needed to simulate a check out, and contact them, they made you a PP payment ...as a favour. Now they charge 5$ in addition for it lol!

#28 (permalink)      7/6/2022 10:19:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2855
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2305
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Don't be mean, just because you've never wanted one! ;-)

Whoops. Sorry. 😉

#29 (permalink)      7/6/2022 11:28:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 110
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
I've heard the copyright/patent laws in China are so lax that suing a company is a waste of resources. If that's correct, I cannot imagine that slowing down the process.

They are still listed on all 3 SXK FB accounts. 6 hours ago they stated the release date as July 7th. That's also my 'expected shipping' date (not holding my breath on that one lol)

That^ plus the high demand (10+ day delivery time on FT after a few hours of being posted on FT & other sites only offering certain versions) makes me hope everything is okay. Maybe FT or SXK don't want to presale more than they had already planned on producing in the first few batches. Most people get mad when they have to wait 4 weeks on a product, especially when it's their first time ordering form a Chinese retailer.

And I dunno about y'all, but the 'Discontinued' status makes me think a product is never coming back. I could understand why FT would want to avid that on a popular item.
#30 (permalink)      7/6/2022 11:45:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
There were a couple of items in the not so far past that just disappeared like this w/o any traces and w/o having the "discontinued" satus. Transparent BB, PEI Delro etc. I think, though i didn't really follow those.

If your theory stands, maybe FT could've created a new status saying "suspended" ;-)

It was just far too early for this one.

Maybe it's a new marketing astuce, those who hesitated by now, will get sooo anxious that they will immediately jump on it when it comes back lol.

...other sites only offering certain versions...

Till yesterday the mentioned site (ff) was offering all the 4 versions too.

#31 (permalink)      7/7/2022 3:08:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
So, beside of adding 15-20$ for VAT depending on which version of this one, an other little detail that makes a lot:
I while back $ / € exchange rate was quite good, now you can count on almost 1:1. Which means in itself almost 10% of increasing in prices for Europeans. Damit. =)