Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Today should be the day!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#121 (permalink)      9/28/2022 10:30:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sarap00
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Finally, mine's status is now "Packaging" which I placed an order on Jul. 21st. (phew)

According to themselves FT will be on holiday from Oct 1st to Oct 7, so I'm glad that they will be shipping mine later today before their holidays, or I'll have to wait for another week or more :P
#122 (permalink)      9/29/2022 4:56:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
sarap00 wrote:

Finally, mine's status is now "Packaging" which I placed an order on Jul. 21st. (phew)

According to themselves FT will be on holiday from Oct 1st to Oct 7, so I'm glad that they will be shipping mine later today before their holidays, or I'll have to wait for another week or more :P

Very nice timing!

#123 (permalink)      10/3/2022 4:58:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 171
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos41
Good friends.
Question for those who already have it, can you regulate the time that the screen is on?
#124 (permalink)      10/3/2022 5:41:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
wahuka wrote:

Good friends.
Question for those who already have it, can you regulate the time that the screen is on?

Negative but here is the manual https://imgur.com/a/N8W6f8D

#125 (permalink)      10/3/2022 5:55:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 171
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos41
njrmayo wrote:

wahuka wrote:
Good friends.

Ok, I thought it could be done as in the DNA with Escribe.
Thanks for the manual.

#126 (permalink)      10/3/2022 6:54:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
wahuka wrote:

njrmayo wrote:
wahuka wrote:
Good friends.

Thanks for the manual.

Yeah perhaps down the road they'll make a DNA one as well so we can unlock all those wonderful features. I'm a fan of adjusting a lot of my DNA boards, but also the simplicity of this 60w board is nice, just battery and go, always hits, always works, no frills, super bright screen that can also be used as a flash light if necessary =D

#127 (permalink)      10/3/2022 11:30:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sabsy
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2020
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3
njrmayo wrote:

wahuka wrote:
njrmayo wrote:
wahuka wrote:
Good friends.

Thanks for the manual.

Yeah perhaps down the road they'll make a DNA one as well so we can unlock all those wonderful features. I'm a fan of adjusting a lot of my DNA boards, but also the simplicity of this 60w board is nice, just battery and go, always hits, always works, no frills, super bright screen that can also be used as a flash light if necessary =D

Yeah I bet they'll release a DNA version soon enough. For those of us who already bought the non dna, we always have the option of getting someone line R. Tufts to swap boards fairly quick and cheap. 🤘

#128 (permalink)      10/3/2022 1:58:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
Sabsy wrote:

njrmayo wrote:
wahuka wrote:
njrmayo wrote:
wahuka wrote:
Good friends.

Thanks for the manual.

Yeah I bet they'll release a DNA version soon enough. For those of us who already bought the non dna, we always have the option of getting someone line R. Tufts to swap boards fairly quick and cheap. 🤘

For sure!

#129 (permalink)      10/3/2022 9:00:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 399
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos248
A DNA60 board would be a nice upgrade but without a charging board with data connection there will be no EScribe.
Perhaps a temporary connection to a charge/data board could be made to change some settings like is done with a OG Billet Box.

Edited on 10/3/2022 at 9:03 PM
#130 (permalink)      10/4/2022 5:08:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
dwcraig1 wrote:

A DNA60 board would be a nice upgrade but without a charging board with data connection there will be no EScribe.Perhaps a temporary connection to a charge/data board could be made to change some settings like is done with a OG Billet Box.

That's probably how you'd have to do it, similar to the Auth BB or most Boxer brand 3D printed mods, I absolutely love my Boxer SBS DNA60 21700 but if you ever want to change anything, you need to take it half apart and use one of those adapters, luckily its set up quite nice direct from Boxer.

#131 (permalink)      10/4/2022 6:47:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 58
  • Kudos62
The dismantling part can be a hassle, but in case of the bb it kinda isn't. It's literally 4 screws and the board sits there ready for the usb module to be plugged in.

DIY usb module seems moderately easy. 5-10$ for the board + 4 wires or rods to solder. There are also finished versions for sale for 15-16 GBP.
Also there's always an option to get Wicket Aio for bunch of money just to get the usb module :)

USB module is a must for DNA60 as much for your preferred settings, but I'd argue even more important to calibrate the the resistance of the mod by shorting it. Even my SXK BB was showing 0.4 ohm difference in resistance compared to my other mods.
Good thing it had usb port, so the calibration was easy.
Preferred settings, battery curves, profiles and whatnot are a great bonus though.

Edited on 10/4/2022 at 6:52 AM