[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

I'm sure we all hope to see the atemporal rba listed soon, and Ponte mesh
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/24/2022 4:39:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
+1 details
Wait, this video is saying that you can basically fit any 510 dt's.*

Also, the issue with standard nuts is that they are too long, grinding one down to flat, would solve the problem?
Eh, leave it, would be hard to make a groove for the o-ring...


*edit: right, it fits as it fits. lol

Edited on 7/24/2022 at 8:53 AM
#12 (permalink)      7/25/2022 9:27:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 442
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
cilika wrote:

Wait, this video is saying that you can basically fit any 510 dt's.*Also, the issue with standard nuts is that they are too long, grinding one down to flat, would solve the problem?Eh, leave it, would be hard to make a groove for the o-ring...*edit: right, it fits as it fits. lol



Perhaps that would work but this one, the nut sits on top of the Atemporal RBA, it doesn't go inside the chimney like all others, so you'd have to find a very specific, extra long nut to maybe make that work. I'd still say it most likely will not thouogh. I definitely removed the oring like on all other nuts, not sure if it made any difference with this due to how it sits on top of the boro, but it made me feel better about it =D

Other 510's will fit in it without orings but they might not look so good unless they're the same diameter as the nut. I've been scrounging around trying to find others for fun.

#13 (permalink)      7/25/2022 10:50:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
njrmayo wrote:



Perhaps that would work but this one, the nut sits on top of the Atemporal RBA, it doesn't go inside the chimney like all others, so you'd have to find a very specific, extra long nut to maybe make that work. I'd still say it most likely will not thouogh. I definitely removed the oring like on all other nuts, not sure if it made any difference with this due to how it sits on top of the boro, but it made me feel better about it =D


So the o-ring isn't a problem. =)
But wait, you're saying it would need to find a longer nut for that, what i understood was the opposite, as the nut does seat on the top of the RBA, it's shorter than standard nuts.
So basically I could try to shorten any nut + a little shaping to make it work.
...or i was missing smth.

But better to see it before all =)


Edited on 7/25/2022 at 10:51 AM
#14 (permalink)      7/25/2022 3:47:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 442
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
cilika wrote:

njrmayo wrote:Perhaps that would work but this one, the nut sits on top of the Atemporal RBA, it doesn't go inside the chimney like all others, so you'd have to find a very specific, extra long nut to maybe make that work. I'd still say it most likely will not thouogh. I definitely removed the oring like on all other nuts, not sure if it made any difference with this due to how it sits on top of the boro, but it made me feel better about it =DSo the o-ring isn't a problem. =)But wait, you're saying it would need to find a longer nut for that, what i understood was the opposite, as the nut does seat on the top of the RBA, it's shorter than standard nuts. So basically I could try to shorten any nut + a little shaping to make it work....or i was missing smth.But better to see it before all =)



Ayeeeee yeah and then maybe measure. I figured extra long nut so that you could shave it down to the portion that would be wide enough to sit top of the RBA, the stock nut is like 3x wider opening than a standard BB or SXK nut, like 5-6mm! Its HUUGE and I'd remove it to show you the base but I'm scared it won't seat right again. It's hard to get it to sit nice and even in the BXR and to read the right resistance, but I'll snag a picture next re-wick!

#15 (permalink)      7/26/2022 4:13:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
I see... uhh =) So you mean if you use a standard nut, (it will stick out, right) but it won't make good contact either?

It's hard to get it to sit nice and even in the BXR and to read the right resistance, but I'll snag a picture next re-wick!

And why is it so tricky making contact?



Well I ordered one the other day. The only place where they stock them in this country for the moment, retailer price and normally it arrives today. Hope they send me a good one =)
I've got one boro mod where the air-flow would be no trouble. It's a mech, so about resistance reading... =D

#16 (permalink)      7/26/2022 5:52:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
Just received lol

Maybe it's a feminish thing, the first thing I tested, was the nut. =) On Pulse, on the 2.0 Ambitions (with Insider + boro) and on Cthulhu with Pioneer RBA. It works on all of these. :)) Almost any dt's will fit, with a bit of hassle, if the tip is slightly narrower I don't mind, depends on.

It needs a damn good clean.
The rest is for later ;)

edit: It literally swims in machining oil lol!
And imho, while the RBA looks like a little gem, its nut + tip(s) just totally spoils the whole look (pardon me my fussiness) so really need to find out smth =)
And not only that aesthetically it doesn't work out but also it functions very badly as a fast nut...

Edited on 7/26/2022 at 7:31 AM
#17 (permalink)      7/26/2022 10:00:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 442
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
cilika wrote:

Just received lolMaybe it's a feminish thing, the first thing I tested, was the nut. =) On Pulse, on the 2.0 Ambitions (with Insider + boro) and on Cthulhu with Pioneer RBA. It works on all of these. :)) Almost any dt's will fit, with a bit of hassle, if the tip is slightly narrower I don't mind, depends on. It needs a damn good clean.The rest is for later ;)edit: It literally swims in machining oil lol! And imho, while the RBA looks like a little gem, its nut + tip(s) just totally spoils the whole look (pardon me my fussiness) so really need to find out smth =) And not only that aesthetically it doesn't work out but also it functions very badly as a fast nut...



LOL yes I had to ultrasonic mine twice before I dared use it, it was dripping in machine oil!

So the other nuts worked that you tested? Glad to hear you test those first =P

#18 (permalink)      7/26/2022 10:07:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085

So the other nuts worked that you tested? Glad to hear you test those first =P



Why, I've got loads of time, till the rest is soaking in alcohol :P =D

I didn't test other nuts on this one hehehe. As it's still not even built.
I tested the atemporal nut on others, works perfectly. I had thought it'd be too short.

#19 (permalink)      7/26/2022 10:11:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 442
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
cilika wrote:

So the other nuts worked that you tested? Glad to hear you test those first =P

Why, I've got loads of time, till the rest is soaking in alcohol :P =D

I didn't test other nuts on this one hehehe. As it's still not even built.
I tested the atemporal nut on others, works perfectly. I had thought it'd be too short.



Ahhh it works on the others, interesting. I'll have to try my others, perhaps the stock 5Avape BXR nut since its a wonky, shorter but wider one and doesn't work with the Vessel, the Cloud and a couple others. I have to use the SXK nut or the Pulse nut instead.

#20 (permalink)      7/26/2022 10:15:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
Ya see. Imperfections can be an advantage elsewhere. I think it wouldn't be difficult to make a flush nut work, also the 2.0 Ambitions one might just work with my mech mod. (adjustable pin)
But these are just "maybe"s for the moment.

Ah, also my wonky quantum shifter nut exemplar =)

Edited on 7/26/2022 at 11:47 AM
#21 (permalink)      7/27/2022 2:05:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16535
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30085
+1 details
Built it yesterday, works great and a really fancy looking RBA. =) Had some weird things going on, namely, in the Pulse all my nuts made contact with, stable resistance reading and all that, except for its own! (which otherwise works with all the other RBAs/ mods... ) Either no contact, or in the mech box everything started warming up too much. Sure, the other nuts, all stick out a mil.

(that's not for driving nuts anyone!) ;)

Except for the Eliohm mech, there you can tweak with the pos. contact + Ambitions nut which is a hair shorter than the others and with which I hoped it would work





With Haku DT

Edited on 7/27/2022 at 2:17 AM