Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Cheaper elsewhere
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      9/12/2022 8:36:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos289
Tonycobweb wrote:

stuartd wrote:the best way to find out would be to contact Doris through 2f and she would probably be better to explain the handling charge and vat part if you pay any vat or notThat's what I was planning to do the day I will be interested in an article from them.Sorry for the confusion of the two countries, but as you did not specify ...cilika wrote:somehow in the last minute I always decided to rather stick with FT or just to pass on smth.It's the same for me, my preference is for FT as my first option.

Don't worry about I was jus having a Joke nothing else

#22 (permalink)      9/13/2022 7:21:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
Tonycobweb wrote:

stuartd wrote:the best way to find out would be to contact Doris through 2f and she would probably be better to explain the handling charge and vat part if you pay any vat or notThat's what I was planning to do the day I will be interested in an article from them.Sorry for the confusion of the two countries, but as you did not specify ...cilika wrote:somehow in the last minute I always decided to rather stick with FT or just to pass on smth.It's the same for me, my preference is for FT as my first option.

If you even just imitate a check out, you'll find all the infos, no need to ask Doris.

All I said that I can't make one just right now as I'm being abroad, so there's a little glitch with the address page on their site if I tried.

#23 (permalink)      9/20/2022 4:59:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
Still cheaper on the other site, and with 24hr shipping as I type this. Though, from the other discussion thread, there was somebody who had to make a bottom contact to get the thing to fire consistently. Since mine hasn't shipped from here yet, and 3F still has theirs listed as pre-order, I'm assuming that person got theirs at the lower price from 2F. I'm also assuming that the site with the lower price probably hot ahold of the first batch of these, and that there has most likely been some problems with them, which is probably why the ETAs both here on FT and on 3F keep getting pushed back. My guess is that they're waiting on fully functional devices to ship to the people who ordered them, while the other site keeps sending junk to people at a 25% discount.

Over the years, I've never had any problems with 2F (besides the occasional listing of an item that is discontinued, but that happens here at FT sometimes too), until recently. In my last few orders, I've gotten an RTA without a chamber in it (they did send me one, but they sent a SS one when the RTA was black), a para-series mech that was missing the entire negative terminal and contacts (they still haven't fixed that one, but I ordered the upgraded internals from VC at almost twice the price I paid for what should have been a functioning device, but it does hit f@%#ing hard now), and an RDA came in SS when I ordered black (even though the packaging did indicate that a black one was inside). They did give me a $2 voucher for that one.

I'm temped to cancel the Goblin that I have ordered here, and grab the one that will ship right away for $29.99 ($27.99 with my $2 voucher, lmfao), but I've lost all respect for 2F and confidence in the fact that I'll get what I ordered and that it will work properly. From their suppliers to 2F themselves, the quality control seems to have become nonexistent.

As somebody else already said in this thread, the few extra bucks here is worth the free shipping and peace of mind that FT will make it right if there are any issues.
#24 (permalink)      9/20/2022 6:14:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos289
+1 details
JTL_1976 wrote:

Still cheaper on the other site, and with 24hr shipping as I type this. Though, from the other discussion thread, there was somebody who had to make a bottom contact to get the thing to fire consistently. Since mine hasn't shipped from here yet, and 3F still has theirs listed as pre-order, I'm assuming that person got theirs at the lower price from 2F. I'm also assuming that the site with the lower price probably hot ahold of the first batch of these, and that there has most likely been some problems with them, which is probably why the ETAs both here on FT and on 3F keep getting pushed back. My guess is that they're waiting on fully functional devices to ship to the people who ordered them, while the other site keeps sending junk to people at a 25% discount.

Over the years, I've never had any problems with 2F (besides the occasional listing of an item that is discontinued, but that happens here at FT sometimes too), until recently. In my last few orders, I've gotten an RTA without a chamber in it (they did send me one, but they sent a SS one when the RTA was black), a para-series mech that was missing the entire negative terminal and contacts (they still haven't fixed that one, but I ordered the upgraded internals from VC at almost twice the price I paid for what should have been a functioning device, but it does hit f@%#ing hard now), and an RDA came in SS when I ordered black (even though the packaging did indicate that a black one was inside). They did give me a $2 voucher for that one.

I'm temped to cancel the Goblin that I have ordered here, and grab the one that will ship right away for $29.99 ($27.99 with my $2 voucher, lmfao), but I've lost all respect for 2F and confidence in the fact that I'll get what I ordered and that it will work properly. From their suppliers to 2F themselves, the quality control seems to have become nonexistent.

As somebody else already said in this thread, the few extra bucks here is worth the free shipping and peace of mind that FT will make it right if there are any issues.

That was me who had to make a new contact and the person at 2f can't seem to get there head around there is a problem with this mod and all they seem to say is we are working with the factory ulton I guess to fix this problem and they are testing certain mods that they are getting sent to them so they can make sure they are working properly and now I've heard from someone else who got one that the top of the contact were it makes contact with the neg part of the 510 has a black mark and then burned a hole through the contact so it's now unusable and needs a new bottom contact I guess that's wat happens when you use shit metal

#25 (permalink)      9/21/2022 7:28:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+2 details
stuartd wrote:

That was me who had to make a new contact and the person at 2f can't seem to get there head around there is a problem with this mod and all they seem to say is we are working with the factory ulton I guess to fix this problem and they are testing certain mods that they are getting sent to them so they can make sure they are working properly and now I've heard from someone else who got one that the top of the contact were it makes contact with the neg part of the 510 has a black mark and then burned a hole through the contact so it's now unusable and needs a new bottom contact I guess that's wat happens when you use shit metal

So it sounds like that other site is knowingly sending out prototypes and having unsuspecting people be Ulton's beta testers. I'm pretty sure that's not the best way to do business, especially with a mechanical device. When I sent pictures of the RTA with a missing chamber, 2F said they had to send those off to the supplier because they didn't even know what they were looking at, or not looking at in this case because it wasn't there. It seems their support has absolutely no knowledge about the items they sell. I've never had an experience like that speaking with support here at FT or even at 3F. They always know what they're talking about and are very helpful, and in a timely manner.

In 60+ orders over the past four years here at FT, they have sent me one wrong item. I received a boro bridge that I had already gotten here. They sent out the correct item the next day and let me keep the duplicate for like half price. Shipping it back would have been too much of a hassle and cost more than the RBA was worth. I have more problems with some domestic retailers here in the US. EV consistently sends me wrong items or wrong color variants. At least one item in every big order I put in during a holiday sale. You'd think they'd get sick of paying for shipping three times instead of once and just getting the order correct the first time. But, nope, I just sent a wrong item back to them this morning and got the email with the tracking for the correct one, hopefully, this afternoon.

I'm also pretty sure that FT inspects the devices they send out, and may even test them for functionality, unless the box comes sealed from the manufacturer. I got an SXK BB here at FT, and they sent me pictures asking if I still wanted it because it has a slight blemish. I think they gave me like a 5% or 10% rebate on it, and, to this day, I still can't even find the blemish on it. The shipping may be a bit slow sometimes, unless you pay for an upgrade, but FT knows how to keep its customers coming back for more. I guess that's why we're all here :)