Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Dna?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/2/2022 5:43:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 410
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos228
+1 details
Dna?
This must be the cheapest dna mod right now. Looks promising. DNA60 below 80usd. Nice.
#2 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:22:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what's going on with this one. Haven't seen anything on 2F yet. 3F put this up for pre-order last week at $136 for the POM versions, and $169 for the PEEK and PEI versions. I was about to pull the trigger on this there yesterday morning when I got home from work, but, all of a sudden, the listing for every single variant is now Sold Out. Today, the White and Black POM models show up here... and for half the price??? That just seems a bit odd to me. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the device itself, some legal issues going on, or if these will really have an Evolv DNA60 in them. Lots of things about all of this just seem a bit fishy to me.

On the other hand, at this price, it might be worth the gamble. If it is a DNA60, functions properly, and doesn't snap into two pieces the first time you tighten the flush nut down onto a boro tank and bridge, this is an absolute steal. If it is sturdy and flawless and has a chip like the Ambition Mods 60W devices, I'd say this would still be a decent price for a well machined and functional Boro AIO.

Not saying Fast Tech is lying to us. They only work with the information given to them from the manufacturers, and I think they do a really good job at getting clarification and updating their listings when we have questions about things. Fast Tech has always treated me well in terms of delays and out of stock items. Everything I've ever bought here has worked, and I think in all the orders that I've placed in the years that I've been here, they sent the wrong item to me once, a bridge that I already had instead of the one that I ordered. If the listing is wrong, or if the device doesn't work as it should, I have no doubt FT would rectify the situation. So, like I said, it might be worth the gamble at this price.
#3 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:29:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fesha
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I think they didn't match the product description to the product name. When I asked 3F if the box would be available again as a DNA, they that the box would be produced as a 60W without DNA in some time. As DNA no more. I think that Fasttech offers a 60W without DNA here and that the product description has not been adjusted. No matter how, I ordered them here. I have never been disappointed with Faasttech.
#4 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:39:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 543
  • Kudos54
This caught my eye as well -- great price if it truly has a DNA board in it. However, I can't see a USB port for EScribe use. The lack of a port would be a deal killer for me even at this price.
#5 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:44:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16458
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29940
I didn't follow that 3f had a PEI version as well, wow. It'd be hard to resist that one!
DNA or not, for the moment I've got a little bad feeling about the SEVO chip because of its manifestation in the SXK Ion I received some days ago, so anything else... would be welcome. =)
#6 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:45:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fesha
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
You can't see the USB port on the product images on the JBMfg site either.
#7 (permalink)      8/2/2022 7:03:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16458
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29940
Wasn't it one of the biggest update on the SXK DNA BB clones that they've put a USB port where on the original there was non?
#8 (permalink)      8/2/2022 7:04:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos324
+1 details
DNA/ShmeMA, what's the big deal with 60 watt board powered by a single 18650 ... wouldn't your time be better spent arguing about which Star Trek had the coolest crew???
Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#9 (permalink)      8/2/2022 7:05:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16458
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29940
No we wouldn't. lol
#10 (permalink)      8/2/2022 7:10:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos324
cilika wrote:

No we wouldn't. lol

Oh, hey there Frenchy ... I really like Your Country.

Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#11 (permalink)      8/2/2022 8:18:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
I took the gamble and ordered it here too, regardless of if the listing isn't quite accurate and what might show up in my mailbox. As I said before, still not a bad price if it looks, feels, and functions well with whatever 60W chip might be inside it.

I haven't seen SXK near this mod in any listings on any site, and they certainly like to plaster their name onto anything they have a hand in and fix the MSRP. So, I can only hope it doesn't show up with a SEVO70 chip in it.

The PEI, and even the grey PEEK didn't look bad at all, though, of course, they're only manufacturers photos. I've watched an unboxing of the real thing (the ultem version, and it was damn sexy), and it doesn't look like there is a USB port anywhere to be found. Then again, that's not a deal breaker for me since I don't tend to use escribe much on my DNA60s, much more on 75C & 250C.

And now I'll be thinking about the coolness of Star Trek crews as I try to fall asleep...