shopping cart empty
[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1st, 2020 to October 8th, 2020 to celebrate the National Day Holiday and Mid-Autumn Festival. Services will resume on October 9th, 2020 (details).
Vlc media player....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/29/2017 6:46:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10036
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6493
The folder, im constantly adding and removing items. Again, im wondering if i can be alot simpler :(
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#12 (permalink)      10/29/2017 6:50:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2026
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1738
Does "Open Folder" (CTRL + F) do what you want?
#13 (permalink)      10/29/2017 6:55:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42156
I use QuickPic for media files on Android. It doesn't support all files - mainly mobile oriented extensions.

You should try find MP4 versions or compress them to that format for mobile. Sometimes AVI files are MPG format, so you can rename them so they appear in the media browser. If they won't play, they aren't MPG.
#14 (permalink)      10/29/2017 7:50:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10036
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6493
For background info:

You probably seen the thread, i bought a usb wallport camera. It records in .avi :(
Taking the sd card out and OTG it to my android phone, it does not support the "video" but still plays the audio from the .avi files. Using pc, i have ben using vlc for a while because of extra features such at screen rotation and other filters, never "needed" vlc for it to "auto play" the next file in a folder file until now.

If using vlc for android, it can view the video of .avi files, id more likely just use my phone with OTG for the camera files regardless of "auto play".

I understand there are workarounds to get the videos to play one after another on pc, but im just very curious and hopefull there is a setting to simplify it alot more and just beable to open the file and have the program auto read the next file in the folder without selecting it/all and adding to a playlist.

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 7:51 PM. Reason:
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#15 (permalink)      10/29/2017 7:57:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
vlc is crap IMO.

Try some other program.

If you must run vlc to play a certain folder, you'd have to run a command specifying directory. It'll start from the first file though.

Don't ask me more 'cause I haven't used windows for more than a few hours over the last 7 years.
SMPlayer with MPV for me. Lotsa options... and a real dockable playlist

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 8:00 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      10/29/2017 8:01:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10036
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6493
Really, as far as video programs, i just need a few things..

simple "auto play" from same folder/source, ability to rotate video, and screen capture to record whats on screen.
#17 (permalink)      10/29/2017 8:07:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
ok

you'll need to either set a permanent directory or add it somehow to right click in your file manager.

then start here

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=111289
#18 (permalink)      10/29/2017 8:17:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10036
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6493
Dont get me wrong.

Using vlc, set as default video app, with the directory open i can hit "ctrl-a" and hit "enter" for it to add all to a playlist and play.

The whole reason for the thread was to see if anyone knows if its possible to skip that "one single extra step" and just have the program itself "auto play next in folder" when i open a video (or even music) instead of having to "make a playlist" individually each time.

Google didnt reveal shit, except for whats discussed here atm. Im just going to "confirm" there is no specific setting for what im asking.

Thanks for the help guys. Learned enough. Aint shit can be done about it, just many "workarounds"
#19 (permalink)      10/29/2017 8:49:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Long_tom1
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 834
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos483
+1 details
Get yourself media player classic plays all formats and you can set it in the options to continue to play next file in folder until the last
Vapin stoopid is just natural selection in progress. Remember no matter where you go there you are.
#20 (permalink)      10/29/2017 8:59:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10036
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6493
Long_tom1 wrote:

Get yourself media player classic plays all formats and you can set it in the options to continue to play next file in folder until the last

But can it rotate a video?

Using this camera, it gets plugged in at different angles around the house and records. Being able to rotate the video playback is very usefull. I use it enough without this camera anyways, its an important feature for me and video players.

At this point, with what info i now know, i dont seriously need a new program but i just need to quit bitchin about making a choice of three different "single extra" steps for my wanted purpose.

Again, thanks for the help.

#21 (permalink)      10/29/2017 9:27:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4952
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5392
VLC for Windows

View / Playlist
[right click window on the right]
Add Folder
[select desired folder]
[doubleclick the folder to expand it]