shopping cart empty
[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1st, 2020 to October 8th, 2020 to celebrate the National Day Holiday and Mid-Autumn Festival. Services will resume on October 9th, 2020 (details).
USB gigabit ethernet for Nintendo Switch / Switch Lite
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/16/2020 10:06:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fatbatt
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 61
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
pewpew, I very much like your assumptions that:
1) I will be spoiling my experience, and
2) that I will be using low-quality accessories

I have no idea where this attitude comes from (or where your abrasive attitude comes from in general). I have bought plenty of no-name brand stuff (and lesser-known Chinese brands) and most have worked flawlessly. There is nothing wrong with not using 'name brand' accessories. Nothing at all. You can hunt down big-name brands with specific hardware revisions with your local retailer if you like. I'm sure you'll get that info so easily.

Plenty of gaming stores sell unlicensed accessories for a good mark-up. Do they spoil the experience? Are they low quality? Some may be. Some may not. Many may be fine.

Your posts have been about as useful to me as not answering. It is clear to me that your only interest is telling us what you'd do rather than provide any actionable, useful info. You are not a real user or a real owner of the products I am interested in. Though thank you so much for telling us what you think or what you would do, and your 'essential' opinions of what I have done. (ie. bought from a seller that states what the chip is, and states comnpatibility with a 53-million-selling gaming device).

So, basically for giving fasttech a chance and offering feedback I am:
1) censored here on this forum by the moderator ("Advertisement")
2) answered rudely by the likes of you (again, I don't know where you got this attitude)

I look forward to getting my gigabit usb adapter & it working well with the Switch. If it doesn't, a refund will be due. You carry on. Have fun with your philosophies.
#12 (permalink)      5/17/2020 6:54:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2413
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos945
fatbatt wrote:

I have bought plenty of no-name brand stuff (and lesser-known Chinese brands) and most have worked flawlessly. There is nothing wrong with not using 'name brand' accessories.

This statement contradicts the whole point on this thread - looking for free advice on specific NIC internal info.

2) that I will be using low-quality accessories

You already are.

I look forward to getting my gigabit usb adapter & it working well with the Switch.

There are good chances you'll be back, since the chip's wholesale cost is nearing the half of the retail price, so basically you are hoping for free cheese, LOL.

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.