shopping cart empty
Stereo wiring
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/23/2021 9:22:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608
Stereo wiring
Il take some pictures tomorrow for better clarification.

We have a 3 part radio system setup at our work, and the satellite radio box burned out(it turns on but buttons\remote don't work and it outputs nothing).
The main box has a hard drive apparently and it recorded a 30 minute segment of a channel and is stuck on loop, pretty fucking annoying. Today I tried to hook up a phone and had a few different results, nothing satisfying...

The main stereo I think is the main part of my issue, I didn't study the complete back of the box but I think it needs a computer monitor to operate. Regardless I was just plugging and unplugging almost every connection I could that was in line with the satellite radio. The whole setup is perplexing... The satellite radio has the right channel directly into the main box and the left channel plugged into a amplifier and into the main box. The amplifier I assumed only effects the left channel.... But even with it unplugged on either in\outout on only the amplifier it still effects the radio...

Tried using a rca to aux adapter and the music on my phone came out distorted. Unplugged the aux adapters on the main stereo and plugged in my own aux cable... Now the recorded radio segment comes on instead of my phone.

I have one last idea for tomorrow but doubt it will work.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#2 (permalink)      1/23/2021 10:31:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608
After I take pictures il try to draw a diagram also

Hopefully someone here can help... This setup is very perplexing for me.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#3 (permalink)      1/23/2021 10:31:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 3946
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos8743
A phone and an earbud!

Let the others listen to the loop...
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#4 (permalink)      1/23/2021 10:38:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608
gotthedrips wrote:

A phone and an earbud!

Let the others listen to the loop...

Trust me, I'm on that all day. But sometimes I forget to charge the earbud and it only lasts 6 hours out of a 8h shift. Plus I have a few "friends" there I'd like to help. SKU 6620100

Still, wanna know how the fuck this radio system works. Knowledge is valuable :)

Edited on 1/23/2021 at 10:38 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      1/28/2021 6:35:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608
Aha!

Success!

The backfeed from their amplifier was distorting the audio when I got my phone plugged in. SKU 9622872 saved the day!!

Il ghetto up a drawing in a moment
#6 (permalink)      1/28/2021 7:02:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608

Very crude but I hope it's understandable.
#7 (permalink)      1/28/2021 7:09:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608

#8 (permalink)      1/28/2021 7:26:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10258
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6608
I feel like a proud father.

I've created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to hear 5 songs no more
They want variety, I'm one smart n#$&a
Well if you want music, then this is what I'll give ya
A little bit of disney mixed with some hard figures
Some rock yeah that will jump start you heart quicker

Edited lyrics LMAO.