[AMA]I'm back - all bashing and criticisms welcome
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:49:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31407
+6 details
Lol, Richy, whose only contribution to this forum is calling people names when he thinks they have upset his girlfriend, is calling for a product-focused, clean forum.

Every thread is hilarious these days.

Anyway, great to see you back Geek.
#42 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:50:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21540
+3 details
Also, I am not taking any "side". This is not about that. This is, plain and simple, about censorship. You want it, I don't. This site is the only site I am aware of generated out of this country that is openly exposed to world views being expressed freely. Every little bit helps when there is an oppression of information. Is there dis-information? Yes, and there is also legitimate information being shared. I oppose "throwing out the baby with the bath water".
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#43 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:52:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6944
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10333
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

I do realize that the build-up to 2024 may be the "show" you describe but, let us remember, no one is compelled to click on a thread except by their own volition. Your suppositions of my interest are valueless in this discussion. And, as you have brought up the past, you have been involved right alongside of everyone else. So don't go "holier than thou". Look at your own participation before you indict others for theirs.

I played my part as did you !! If you cant provide any solution that would make the forum look at least a shadow of its former self then aren't you part of the ongoing problem.

#44 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:56:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6944
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10333
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

Also, I am not taking any "side". This is not about that. This is, plain and simple, about censorship. You want it, I don't. This site is the only site I am aware of generated out of this country that is openly exposed to world views being expressed freely. Every little bit helps when there is an oppression of information. Is there dis-information? Yes, and there is also legitimate information being shared. I oppose "throwing out the baby with the bath water".

You really think Xi gives a crap about what goes on on these pages.... Does his population see these pages... I think not !!

#45 (permalink)      12/21/2021 2:03:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31407
+4 details
Richy7 wrote:

You really think Xi gives a crap about what goes on on these pages.... Does his population see these pages... I think not !!

You may wanna listen to Richy, Richy. He thinks these political statements shouldn't have a place in this forum.

#46 (permalink)      12/21/2021 3:53:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Troepfler wrote:
[quote]geek wrote:
[quote][/quote]

Hi geek,
I was thinking about what Skeeeets wrote.
There is a much more simple solution.
It would be a very big help,
if Annie could mark threads with colors:
green = OK
yellow = watch
red = dangerous
purple = perhaps closing within 7 days
Thunderstorm = only 3 days left

One day later:
The most simple solution is:
we have this "Rate this Thread" for customers.
Why not a same tool for Annie?
And after stopping a thread,
she can put the thread into a virtual deep-freeze box for 2, 3 or 7 days.

Edited on 12/21/2021 at 5:33 PM. Reason: typo
#47 (permalink)      12/21/2021 4:30:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21540
+1 details
I am in favor of Troepfler's solution, except "dangerous" as a modifier/rating. Perhaps "Controversial" or "X-rated" or....."Enter at your own risk" I think people should remain with the option to choose what they read and respond to.
#48 (permalink)      12/21/2021 4:38:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21540
Richy,
What you seem to be doing is using your position to lay blame for diminished participation, not only on "politics" but now me as, "a part of the problem". I want a solution, and I am willing to offer my point of view of the possibilities for solution without censorship. If that is "part of the problem", so be it.
#49 (permalink)      12/21/2021 4:59:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12832
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19574
+1 details
Heehee. This thread reminds me of one or two in or about 2015 and with all the solutions offered then, I don't believe even one of them was implemented.

Of course reading through this thread has been amusing as it has turned into another troll thread of sorts. 🤣
#50 (permalink)      12/21/2021 5:04:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
+1 details
If no one has any suggestions, then just stfu and stop polluting the tread. This is a perfect example of why things went south here.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#51 (permalink)      12/21/2021 5:05:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6944
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10333
vape8ion wrote:

Richy,
What you seem to be doing is using your position to lay blame for diminished participation, not only on "politics" but now me as, "a part of the problem". I want a solution

Not just you, all of us who played our part, as I have already stated.

We cant police ourselves which has already been proved, and if moderators find it too difficult to discern the nuances of our arguments (as Annie admitted) a blunter tool is needed.