How Can FastTech Improve Their Shipping?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/19/2022 3:22:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
$4.00 rebate earned
How Can FastTech Improve Their Shipping?
Lately, there have been a few complaints regarding FastTech’s shipping policy, including my own. However, I have the impression that they truly want to improve this, and who better to that than us, their customers? Can we help them, and us?

One suggestion I have to improve the customer experience in regards to shipping is to give the buyer an estimate on the true date of delivery. In other words, a summation of the time it will take to prepare the order for shipping (which they do already), plus the time at the warehouse before pickup by the shipping company, and the actual shipping estimate from the chosen service provider. This is similar to what Amazon and AliExpress do, they give an estimated date of arrival. Though far from perfect, it does achieve at least two goals: it gives the customer an overview of what to expect immediately at the time of purchase, and it reduces the amount of customers who contact FastTech and complain before sufficient time has passed.

It is in everyone’s interest that we receive our products as quickly as possible for a reasonable price. Any other suggestions out there from you witty and knowledgeable forum participants?
Answer
Anniepan
Staff |M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11489
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5973
Thank you all for sharing the input here with us, dear friends.

It is always imperative to know more about how other sites provide better shipping and keep improving upon that. We value all suggestions and appreciate the time and efforts you all have taken towards helping us to be better.

We all strive hard to provide shipping methods with a reasonable delivery period to our customers while remaining free shipping or minimum shipping costs. The free shipping we are using is China Post Service to most countries, and some deliveries are getting slow for many other countries outside the United States. According to the confirmation from China Post, this is due to some unavoidable circumstances like flight delays and cancellations. We share the disappointment as the delay is being happening quite a bit recently.

The shipping time is undoubtedly our top priority. From the screenshots provided by vapeluvr, shipping methods that cost more than $10 for a simple product are probably the expedited shipping that are widely used on many sites. Expedited shipping is generally 1-2 weeks faster than free shipping depending on different countries. We have these similar shipping methods available with a few dollar upgrading charges during checkout for several countries. But please kindly note that some of them are expecting temporary delays if they are dispatched from Hong Kong airport (Please check more details here). The following is the info:

Australia Expedited Air
Expedited Service to Canada
European Postal Service by Deutsche Post
The United Kingdom Expedited Service
USPS Expedited Service

Our team is doing our best to accurately project the shipping time, but the unpredictability of the airlines means that there is always a risk of orders being delayed beyond our estimations, no matter free shipping or expedited shipping. But we will work non-stop to look for more reliable shipping methods.

We didn't do well on finding the balance between free shipping and reasonable delivery time. Therefore, we have made some changes to the shipping during checkout (you can also view more details here):

1, For shipping carriers that ship to different countries, most of the shipping methods are used to show the same shipping time for all countries (e.g. 15-20 days typical delivery time). But now the delivery time is shown by country, it will be different for customers from different countries.

2, Some shipping methods are now marked as recommended for different countries based on the analysis of order deliveries within recent months.

These could be more effective for reference during the purchase. We will also update periodically by analyzing the real order deliveries of different countries. And there are also chances that the shipping time will be updated from time to time if any unexpected situations occur such as flight cancellations or custom delays.

We are working together towards achieving some real progress on the shipping, and we appreciate your kind suggestion and understanding during this challenging time.

We are very grateful for having you all as our valued customers, and will always keep an open mind to accept suggestions and criticisms.

It was our privilege to have you all as our valued customers. Thank you.

Annie

Edited on 3/3/2022 at 4:49 AM. Reason: Edit
#2 (permalink)      2/19/2022 11:33:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 824
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos739
Maybe it would help if we all appreciated that Chinese New Year period is actually longer than the one week that FT closes down for. I believe, it is considerably longer than this - and many of the work force go home for the New Year after working for a year and do not return - obviously this has a profound impact on any re-stocking dates.

Covid has had a huge impact on airlines around the world combined with workforce absenteeism because of illness and self isolation, combined with extra delays due to shipments being held if there is suspicion of contamination.

Slow delivery can be frustrating, but it would help if people acknowledged the impact of Covid and that most of China Essentially closes for 17 days for their New Year (and a large percentage of the work force simply don't return and have to be replaced and trained).

Delivery can be faster from other Chinese companies, but you pay more for this. Almost every country has different restrictions, prohibited products and importation taxes - what may work for one country won't work for another.

You aren't being realistic - Chinese New Year happens every year, save yourself a lot of frustration and order early (and not a couple of days before China closes down). All you have to do then is realise that reduced flights and Covid restrictions are real regardless of any person or country's views and things are going to bel slower.

Reality is unpleasant.
#3 (permalink)      2/19/2022 2:23:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bradley77
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 356
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos247
Crispycritters wrote:

Maybe it would help if we all appreciated that Chinese New Year period is actually longer than the one week that FT closes down for. I believe, it is considerably longer than this - and many of the work force go home for the New Year after working for a year and do not return - obviously this has a profound impact on any re-stocking dates.

Covid has had a huge impact on airlines around the world combined with workforce absenteeism because of illness and self isolation, combined with extra delays due to shipments being held if there is suspicion of contamination.

Slow delivery can be frustrating, but it would help if people acknowledged the impact of Covid and that most of China Essentially closes for 17 days for their New Year (and a large percentage of the work force simply don't return and have to be replaced and trained).

Delivery can be faster from other Chinese companies, but you pay more for this. Almost every country has different restrictions, prohibited products and importation taxes - what may work for one country won't work for another.

You aren't being realistic - Chinese New Year happens every year, save yourself a lot of frustration and order early (and not a couple of days before China closes down). All you have to do then is realise that reduced flights and Covid restrictions are real regardless of any person or country's views and things are going to bel slower.

Reality is unpleasant.

forget the New Year excuse and Covid excuse as it not only slower around that period/Covid times! I'm sure most ppl are with me on this I'd rather pay that $1-$2 dollars more to get it to me within 5-10 days because thats what I've payed more before with another company based in China and it got to me super fast, but what I couldn't get my head around with the other company was that, even though it came from China, the tracking number ended with GB (as i'm in England) when normally it ends in CN when it comes from FT and it had a 48hr sticker on it! Anniepan msged me for all the details of there delivery service and I was more than willing to help her and FT to make there delivery's quicker

PS i'm booooooooooored of COVID excuses for EVERY-THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!! COME UP WITH ANOTHER EXCUSE LIKE "THE DOG ATE THE ORDER" lol!!!

THIS IS ENGLAND!!!
#4 (permalink)      2/19/2022 5:06:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 824
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos739
The fact that you are paying a few dollars more from other Chinese sites should give you a big clue why their mail systems tend to be faster.

But Chinese New Year is a real thing - most of China's work force New Year's holiday didn't end until the 16th Feb (not the 8th like FT) and. like it or not' Chinese New year does affect production, stocking and delivery dates.

You can pretend Covid is an excuse all you want. I'm as bored with it as anyone, but pretending it doesn't exist when it suits you doesn't make it go away.

Try using your head - if you're willing to pay more for fast delivery, buy from a more expensive Chinese site or shop at home and get it in one or two days (because Covid is a myth lol).
#5 (permalink)      2/19/2022 10:50:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11041
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6902
Well .. on my end. I don't pay for extra shipping often anywhere, I use absolutely cheapest methods. I agree I get stuff faster from some other china based company, sometimes.

What I half believe is the warehouse shipping.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#6 (permalink)      2/20/2022 2:46:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2234
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8641
+1 details
In my experience shipping from here has become slower and more unreliable

in the 7 years I've been buyin from here

Covid/manufacturers production schedules/post office delays etc

are just something to hide behind when they (ft) get it wrong

I've just made an order that states "ships in seven days"

but when you get to checkout it's 10 days, (it's sunday;)

shipping here is a fiasco but I'm hopeful they can sort it out

with the amount of complaints about it

the problem needs to be rectified

and quickly
#7 (permalink)      2/20/2022 2:51:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+2 details
We really appreciate the comments!

The most likely reason other sites are faster is that they begin shipping from Hong Kong instead of the mainland China. Even though Hong Kong is part of China, it outperforms the mainland in many ways.

FastTech used to primarily ship out of Hong Kong but for a few reasons we stopped doing that about 2 to 3 years ago. Jasmine and I recently tried to reactivate Hong Kong shipping but with Hong Kong's vape products ban coming live in April, most if not all carriers are winding down and not accepting new businesses (we're still trying).

That said, on Monday we will carry out the following improvements (credits to ZenAnarchi):

1. The ship-out date for each outstanding order will be clearly displayed in order history, and
2. an estimate carrier delivery time will be displayed for recently shipped orders.

Most of the carriers we use ship to many different countries, and delivery times for these countries vary quite a bit. This forces us to show a large time range for those carriers. Within next week, we are going to begin displaying country based carrier time estimates.

Edited on 2/20/2022 at 2:55 AM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#8 (permalink)      2/20/2022 3:07:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
+1 details
I started this post to be positive, to try and help us, and FastTech. There is no question Chinese New Year is a challenge for the whole industry. However, the order that frustrated me was placed January 5th, and was purchased concurrently with a product from one of their competitors. The competitor’s product reached med in 17-18 days from date of purchase, FastTech‘s took 40 days. Yes, shipping was more expensive at $9 with PostNL, but the product was cheaper there, so the overall price was considerably lower than FastTech’s overall price. Everyone understands that Covid has effected delivery times, but this doesn’t excuse the poor follow-up by the shipping agents, nor the fact that other companies manage to deliver their inventory a bit faster.

I am not saying these problems are all FastTech’s fault, though they do choose which providers and shipping choices we must use. For example, what if FastTech offered an array of choices for shipping with differing approximate arrival dates (after which a refund was available) clearly listed on the shipping menu? What about listing reviews from customers that rate the shipping choices? What about shipping choices that are somewhere between the cheapest and the horrendous prices UPS charges? Would we get better value for money? Do we want to have the choice to pay $9 for shipping just to know it will arrive before we forget why we ordered it in the first place? ;-)

FastTech wants to improve their service despite Covid and the challenges vaping is facing in the States, and I for one am grateful for that.

Edit: While I was writing this, FastTech replied that they are already in action! They are trying, so we should help them help us!

Edited on 2/20/2022 at 3:11 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      2/20/2022 4:10:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 990
  • Reviews 358
  • Kudos995
Skip the 'ships in x business days' on the product listing too. Order on a Friday and 5 'business' days ends up being 9 actual days before a product enters the black hole of oblivion postal service.
Some product listings state 'ships next day' - if this is true then where does the 'business days' enter the equation for those items. (i also find it hard to believe that China closes every weekend).
More sense than money.....
#10 (permalink)      2/20/2022 7:05:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+2 details
To clarify, the 'ships next day' products actually ship on the next business day.

Unfortunately a lot of China (especially larger cities) work only 5~6 days a week now, which IMHO is one of the reasons why they couldn't keep up the GDP growth they had many years ago.

@ZenAnarchi, I took a look at your account and it seems that the orders we sent via PostNL have arrived in about 2 weeks.

The one that took 37 days was through China Post e-Packet. I'm feeling that anything that begins with "China" Post is just bad news. I'll talk to the team about this to find out what needs to be done tomorrow morning.

I'll provide an update on this.
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#11 (permalink)      2/20/2022 9:17:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2234
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8641
+1 details
That's good to hear Geek

I hope you can sort the shipping out, and quickly

that was the reason I went to your competitors in the first place

as has been said before in this thread