How Can FastTech Improve Their Shipping?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/20/2022 9:17:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2394
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8883
+1 details
That's good to hear Geek

I hope you can sort the shipping out, and quickly

that was the reason I went to your competitors in the first place

as has been said before in this thread

I would'nt mind paying a little more in shipping

if the order was going to arrive in the stipulated time stated

I'll keep fingers arms legs and eyes crossed

for a workable solution for all
#12 (permalink)      2/20/2022 11:03:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2687
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
I just received another FFF, package in 8days' shipping, I don't know if I should say the exact way their shipping and order system truly works...?
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#13 (permalink)      2/20/2022 11:52:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 131
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos210
XDM45ACP wrote:

I just received another FFF, package in 8days' shipping, I don't know if I should say the exact way their shipping and order system truly works...?

Good to see the OGs showing up! As far as I can I can tell, the websites offer similar shipping times and costs, but if you have the inside info, dish it, so FastTech can do the same. That is unless you own shares in their company, or just enjoy being cryptic, haha ;-) As Geek pointed out, the problems have been primarily with the ePackets from China Post, but there's definitely room for improvement otherwise, imho.

#14 (permalink)      2/20/2022 1:16:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2394
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8883
+2 details
@XDM45ACP am with @ZenAnarchi

spit it out and tell all

it might speed things up here

and point them in the right direction

for a quicker resolution to the problems.

Check the shipping thread Ft v competitors

I posted an example of the differences in shipping

between 3 and here ;)
#15 (permalink)      2/21/2022 1:08:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4446
+1 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

give the buyer an estimate on the true date of delivery

Just a quick update. We're working on this and we're planning to have this done by the end of next week.

Currently many shipping methods have a large range of estimated delivery time (e.g. something like delivers in 15 to 25 days). With a range like this, the purposed estimated shipping/delivery timeline won't be very useful. Using recent tracking numbers, we're trying to and narrow this down a bit.

In the meantime, we have made each order's scheduled ship-out date more prominent. You can find a "scheduled to ship on" date under each and every pending orders now.

All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#16 (permalink)      2/21/2022 4:45:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 131
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos210
+2 details
Just received an update by e-mail regarding my last order. It is delayed due to the shipping carriers are in a Covid control region. Though the delay is undesirable, I am delighted that FastTech has begun to inform me of developments. This can go a long way to alleviating a lot of the irritation customers experience. At least they know that FastTech customer service is following up.

I do think that FastTech should consider which shipping carriers they utilize. No idea how the system really works in China, but it seems that individual contractors take over the shipping with China Post/ePacket. Perhaps switching contractors or changing the carrier system FastTech uses would improve shipping? There always seems to be a longer delay between the package being sent by FastTech and registering of the package on Track17 than with their competitors...
#17 (permalink)      2/28/2022 12:06:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4446
+1 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

This is similar to what Amazon and AliExpress do, they give an estimated date of arrival. Though far from perfect, it does achieve at least two goals

This is being rolled out to the site (in the order details page) right now. For now it's limited to orders sent through some of the carriers to US/CA/UK/EU. We're working on bringing the rest online.

Thank you again for your valuable comment.

Edited on 2/28/2022 at 12:07 AM. Reason: linkify image
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#18 (permalink)      3/1/2022 7:54:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
+2 details
Personally I'm not in a hurry to pay the ~$15+ per single item order that increases to another ~$8+ per additional item that all the other Chinese vape retailers have been charging for about a year now.

FT shipping is usually free for me, if not just a couple dollars - I expect slow service. Realistic expectations keep the blood pressure down.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#19 (permalink)      3/1/2022 12:45:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2687
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
vapeluvr wrote:

Personally I'm not in a hurry to pay the ~$15+ per single item order that increases to another ~$8+ per additional item that all the other Chinese vape retailers have been charging for about a year now.

FT shipping is usually free for me, if not just a couple dollars - I expect slow service. Realistic expectations keep the blood pressure down.

If you consider $4.00 to $8.00 way too much to pay, then that's your choice. But to have it shipped out the next day and receive it 8 days or less, I can't complain and that's for the whole order...

Edited on 3/1/2022 at 12:47 PM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#20 (permalink)      3/1/2022 1:23:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2687
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
I JUST WROTE THE WAY I ORDER FROM THEM AND IT JUST DENIED ME BEING ABLE TO POST IT CUZ IT SAYS THERE WAS AN BROWSER ERROR ON FT END, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TYPE ALL THAT AGAIN TODAY.

GOTA GO! WILL TRY TOMORROW!

Edited on 3/1/2022 at 1:25 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      3/1/2022 2:18:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos861
XDM45ACP wrote:

vapeluvr wrote:Personally I'm not in a hurry to pay the ~$15+ per single item order that increases to another ~$8+ per additional item that all the other Chinese vape retailers have been charging for about a year now. FT shipping is usually free for me, if not just a couple dollars - I expect slow service. Realistic expectations keep the blood pressure down.If you consider $4.00 to $8.00 way too much to pay, then that's your choice. But to have it shipped out the next day and receive it 8 days or less, I can't complain and that's for the whole order...

As FT tends to be cheaper overall than the alternative site mentioned by the original poster once postal costs are added (occasionally some items will cost less on the other site, but these tend to be clearance items = in my experience their regularly priced items tend to be considerably more when postal costs are added).

Its fine to make suggestions about how postal services could be made faster, but I wonder how many would bail if prices were hiked to match the site the OP mentioned. Free post isn't really free as the costs have to be included in the overall prices.

I've had items delivered in 7 to 10 days from several other Chinese sites, but every time it has been more expensive than buying from FT.

Being realistic in your expectations can't be stressed enough, on way of getting faster delivery is to pay more, but I don't know how popular that suggestion will be.