shopping cart empty
Need help finding a unicorn...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/5/2020 9:25:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2990
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4364
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

I got one of these SKU 97003311 x 21700/18650 and very powerful on highest setting.

I think you made a typo. Did you mean SKU 7557001?

Back from toddlin'
#22 (permalink)      2/5/2020 11:21:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11562
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17797
+1 details
Thanks Richy. Will buy that one.

I do have an old Vamo clone that came with a flashlight bulb thingy. Its actually pretty bright but too long to fit in my coat pockets.
To accuse requires less eloquence than to excuse, such is man's nature, it more "resembles" justice
#23 (permalink)      2/5/2020 12:14:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6666
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9859
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Thanks Richy. Will buy that one.

I do have an old Vamo clone that came with a flashlight bulb thingy. Its actually pretty bright but too long to fit in my coat pockets.

In its highest setting the shiny end gets very hot due to its brightness but that is apparently normal except care should be taken when using that setting.

#24 (permalink)      2/5/2020 11:55:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10345
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6655
Still never placed my order....

Swapped alot of flashlights in and out the cart.... this one i think is staying. SKU 9656968. I can change the mode to just a simple on/off. If lumens are correct, this should fit my bill.

I had a flashlight in my cart, 1000~lm and after a while sitting it changed to 325 lm in the description..
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#25 (permalink)      2/6/2020 7:46:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details

Swapped alot of flashlights in and out the cart.... this one i think is staying. SKU 9656968. I can change the mode to just a simple on/off. If lumens are correct, this should fit my bill.

Most quality flashlights give slightly less lm than they're rated for, due to lens, reflector and LED heat loss. The difference might be measurable, but it's not visible. (unless there's a problem) And Convoy lights are very good quality.

The option for that drop-in module is always there if you want to make your 501B brighter in the future.

If FT ever gets back to business and you order the Convoy, post back here with your opinion when it arrives.

Good luck. :)

Btw, those drop-ins will also work in 502B models and/or other brands of 501/502B flashlights.

Edited on 2/7/2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason:
I just need one more flashlight. Just one. Honestly. :D
#26 (permalink)      2/19/2020 4:53:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10345
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6655
Why was SKU 1206301 not mentioned?

Apparently a hot item with little/no complaints.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#27 (permalink)      2/19/2020 5:40:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
Skeeeets wrote:

Why was SKU 1206301 not mentioned?

Apparently a hot item with little/no complaints.

Aside from being a cheaply made zoom light with specs that are ridiculously overrated, a POS plastic lens that will block a lot of light, a zoom mechanism which will also block a lot of light, and it's either a total flood light or a not very good "thrower" that still has too wide of a beam for much distance, and absolutely no "spill" light around the center beam like normal lights have. Plus due to the zooming system, they're not very water resistant.

They're okay to keep around the house or in a car, and bright enough for most average uses, but 975lm and 500m beam range is a figment of someone's imagination.

#28 (permalink)      2/19/2020 8:40:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10345
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6655
Obviously fake specs. But tons of good* reviews for it being a cheap peice of shit. Im going to assume its atleast 300lm, we'll find out. Its in the cart along with the convoy.

Do you own one?
#29 (permalink)      2/19/2020 9:08:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263

Do you own one?

Nope. I don't like zoom lights. The few that I've had project a square image of the LED when zoomed out for distance, and they're not very bright then either. Not good for distance at all. There's also a very good chance that they now have clone LEDs which would probably make them even less bright now.

#30 (permalink)      2/19/2020 10:00:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10345
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6655
airbagz wrote:

I don't like zoom lights. The few that I've had project a square image of the LED when zoomed out for distance, and they're not very bright then either.

same experiance to a point. Im not fond of the square(you can even see the lines/maze) when zoomed, but with the few lights i have they "dim" out a little too fast with battery voltage so that zoom in barely helps.

Not good for distance at all. There's also a very good chance that they now have clone LEDs which would probably make them even less bright now.

Distance is perception. The leds definetly have changed going over the photo/video reviews, the board has no markings anymore. Bad or good, i have no idea. At the price, it wont be too bad to give it a shot.

#31 (permalink)      2/20/2020 7:47:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
One of the reasons it has so many good reviews is because many people still don't realise how bright modern LED flashlights are. Even the old 4 x D cell Maglites were only about 50-60 lm, as big as they were. Nowadays lights that are 20 times brighter (or sometimes far more) are common. And much smaller too. (I have a very small 1 X AAA light that puts out an honest 60lm and there are even smaller ones that put out more) Add in a cheap price and it's easy to see why they're so popular.

Like I said, they're okay as a "go to" light when the power goes out, or to keep in the car, but nothing I'd recommend for your purpose.