Comparable Flashlight
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/15/2022 9:50:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12777
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19439
Comparable Flashlight
Hi, I picked up a flashlight last year out of China, the quality of such was pretty bad. At least the body itself.

The light was great. Still is. Quite powerful in the distance. I need a comparable one that I can shine into forest in the dark and see whats there, from a distance, which this other one I own does do well.

See that there is a sale here at the moment on Flashlights so would like to know if there is such a toy for a relatively good price but perhaps better quality than the one I own.

I can pick up another one of mine for $27 Canadian but I cant trust its quality. I only use these once in a while so don't want to start researching and buying the best ones out there.

T.I.A.

Baseball Bat LED Flashlight CREE L2 Super Bright Zoomable waterproof outdoor lamp alu. alloy Torch for Emergency Self Defence

#2 (permalink)      2/15/2022 9:53:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12777
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19439
First the yellow button fell off. The first time i used it. I have long fingernails so I was able to press the thing below the button to turn it on and off.

The handle fell off 10 mins into its first use.

But aside from that it did a great job.

Unfortunately it broke last week so it no longer can stay in the smaller position. I have to keep it extended and a piece of black tape holding it in place.

Would like to avoid such issues if possible but the light inside itself I love...

Etc: Any dual 18650 batt flashlights or 27100 but with the power of this one at least.

Edited on 2/15/2022 at 9:55 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      2/15/2022 4:43:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pondez
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos209
+1 details
Just in case you cant find a dual 18650 the Convoy M1 and C8 will be brighter than your current flashlight and have a plenty of usable throw for forest and park walking.

They also have the knurling around the reflector for self defense use.No one can hurt you if their busy looking for there nose.

Should the C8 and M1 come with Cree emitters ? I don't know.

Another option is the Convoy H2 headlamp still plenty bright and leaves your hands free to carry nice stout "walking" stick and hold the dog lead.

The 3500K H2 will give a natural light and the 2700K a nice warm light.

Edited on 2/15/2022 at 5:03 PM. Reason: add
#4 (permalink)      2/15/2022 5:30:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12777
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19439
Let me verify I have the right ones you are speaking of.

SKU 1212405

SKU 3398404

SKU 9746001

Interesting headlamp idea. Have to give that some more thought as to whether I would use it. For dog walking when dark he is never on leash so I don't have to hold on to him but he runs though the woods. I have a light on him so I can see that bouncing through the trees but I want the flashlight in order to keep my eyes on whether or not coyotes are near him. No need for self defence. At least I hope not.

This one is so bright i can be half a street away from a high rise building, aim the flashlight up and windows light up.
LOL
Not that I am stalking anyone but I have been impressed with how far the one I have throws light.

Thanks Pondez. Going to go add those to my list and see if anything else comes up but that gives me a few to work with so far which is perfect.
#5 (permalink)      2/15/2022 7:25:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pondez
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos209
+1 details
Yes those are the right ones.

Go with the C8 it has great throw you will be impressed.

Also theirs spares of every kind for the convoy torches,