[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Do you sell switch blade knives?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      5/12/2015 10:14:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdpf79
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 692
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos479
Nym, I'm trying to understand how roadsideimport works.
You can buy any knife from them and they will disassemble them and ship them in separate pieces or do you have yourself to buy the separate pieces or do you have to purchase the ones specifically labeled as KITS?
#52 (permalink)      5/12/2015 7:34:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zatrix
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 283
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos18
Thank you guys, for several serious answers to my question. In the US there are many different state laws about automatic knives. It's a famous case for example, that American company Smith&Wesson famous gun manufacturer, sells also automatic knives, but they call them " spring assisted ", instead switch blades. Switch blades are prohibited in many states versus spring assisted, which are allowed.
#53 (permalink)      5/12/2015 7:40:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4101
+4 details
zatrix wrote:

Thank you guys, for several serious answers to my question. In the US there are many different state laws about automatic knives. It's a famous case for example, that American company Smith&Wesson famous gun manufacturer, sells also automatic knives, but they call them " spring assisted ", instead switch blades. Switch blades are prohibited in many states versus spring assisted, which are allowed.

Flashlights: I put in a battery and press the button, if I can see again they work. If not I replace the battery. If that doesn't work I strip it down and turn it into a vape mod and get a new light.
#54 (permalink)      5/12/2015 7:56:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neo71665
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2189
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos1456
zatrix wrote:

S&W sell both spring assist and auto open, There is a difference. Spring assist is legal to own pretty much anywhere, maybe not to carry. They don't advertise the auto open but if you are in an area they are legal and know who to order from you can just as easily get them.

I love their guns but S&W makes junk knives.

My opinions are my own. If you disagree with them please take a big healthy crap in your hands and give yourself a round of applause.
#55 (permalink)      5/17/2015 2:06:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
They used to be made by Carter I think, but the quality has seriously gone down hill. The only S&W knife I regularly carry is the Viper, though I have a couple of others so unmemorable that I can't even recall the names.

Funny thing about spring assist is that I've had three confiscated by UK customs as they decided they were switchblade, yet go onto any of the big UK retailers, and you can buy dozens of the things. My EDC is usually a Kershaw Needs Work, which is about the best all round assisted knife I own. I like my CRKT Voodoo, but that's mainly because it's rare and looks cool - the assist isn't so great on it.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#56 (permalink)      5/17/2015 2:09:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
The holes in the blade aren't my taste, but I just think it's otherwise a very elegant design. Plus they're like rocking horse shit, as they're one of a pair that CRKT made in the USA rather than the far east. The price was high as a result, and frankly the quality was not any different from the rest of their range.

Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#57 (permalink)      5/17/2015 2:13:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
bdpf79 wrote:

Nym, I'm trying to understand how roadsideimport works.
You can buy any knife from them and they will disassemble them and ship them in separate pieces or do you have yourself to buy the separate pieces or do you have to purchase the ones specifically labeled as KITS?

Sorry, this site really needs the ability to tag people, as I've only just seen your comment. You need to buy the kits, but if you ask JB nicely, he'll break down pretty much anything you want. The traditional AKC Italian stilettos are very nice, and those Russian things - the name of which evades me - are pleasingly retro. The Airborne Thrasher OTF is good value for money as well.

#58 (permalink)      5/18/2015 10:41:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrdeltoid
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos119
Nymzavril, What CRKT knife is that in your picture? You may have mentioned it but alas, i'm drunk, and i'm not prepared to read through the posts.
The targzissians are obviously reptilian.
#59 (permalink)      5/18/2015 10:47:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrdeltoid
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos119
The finish reminds me of the SS Drifter, which is one of my favorite EDC's.
The targzissians are obviously reptilian.
#60 (permalink)      5/18/2015 10:58:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
It's the voodoo. They're rare as they didn't make many, but it's worth keeping an eye open for.

Going back to S&W knives, I just remembered another good one they used to make - the extreme ops fixed modified tanto. It looks like something designed for a sci-fi movie, and you'd imagine that it doesn't 'work' as a knife. However, it's actually quite small, and fits my hand like the proverbial glove. All the jimped control points are perfectly placed, it's easy to transition, it's built like a tank, and the cutting edges are well aligned to match a number of strokes.

When they were discontinued, you could pick these up for £10 on eBay back when knife sales were allowed. Whilst I don't buy knives primarily for defensive purposes, if I was serving in the armed forces, this would be on my molle over various more exotic knives I have from Extrema Ratio, Benchmade, etc.

#61 (permalink)      5/18/2015 1:28:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7035
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos3968
You guys carry those...on the streets or while "hunting'

stay away from me pussies lol
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam