Anyone have/heard of a Tac Force Speedster?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/3/2015 11:35:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
The only thing I know about them, or the Tac Force knives I mentioned earlier, is from the reviews on A**z*n. They seem to have good reviews for the most part, even from people who weren't expecting much from low priced Chinese knives. The all gold model in the pic above has a lot of 5 star reviews. Much more than I expected, for the price.

edit - I'll let you know how these are when I get them, but I'm far from a knife expert.

Edited on 7/3/2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason:
I just need one more flashlight. Just one. Honestly. :D
#12 (permalink)      7/5/2015 8:54:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
Dammit, dammit, dammit. Now I'm practically gonna be forced to order another knife. It has a flashlight. It doesn't get any better than that. :)

#13 (permalink)      7/5/2015 10:26:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21541
bdpf79 wrote:

Not sure about the Tac Force but if you like this style, you'll most likely like SKU 1524601.This one is in my cart for next order.I just received SKU 2052700 a couple of days ago and it's a great value/quality for the price. I expect SKU 1524601 to be the same.Edit: I also have SKU 2629500 in my wishlist. Can't get it all at once LOL!

I have the other two you list in your post and this one, SKU 2629500 is at "Origin Post Preparing...." Its good to live where they are legal.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#14 (permalink)      7/5/2015 11:55:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+2 details
MTech are junk. Knives like these certainly can be shaving sharp - in fact, they're easier to get into such a state - but that edge won't last more than a few passes through something more than cardboard.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#15 (permalink)      7/5/2015 12:02:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
OK, I just searched for the knife in question, and I do actually have one. Mine was marketed as the Crown Stiletto, and I purchased it from Roadside Imports. They still have them for five bucks.

They're pretty damned good, albeit with vastly inferior blade stock. The assisted opening is fast, the build quality is excellent given the price point, and they look good (I have the black version with white pearlex scales). Given that they're hardly what you'd call a utility knife, they make a very good budget stand-in for a decent Italian automatic Stiletto.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#16 (permalink)      7/5/2015 12:05:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
If you want a really good Stiletto styled blade that's also a very capable general purpose knife, stump up for the Gerber Fairbairn Applegate. It's one of my 'hall of fame' knives, and I've carried one on and off for the best part of fifteen years.
#17 (permalink)      7/5/2015 12:37:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
Thanks, but I don't want to spend serious money on a knife that'll probably see little to no use at all. I only ordered them because I they they look cool. And at $19.25 delivered for both, I don't expect a lot from them. If they work and don't fall apart immediately, I'll be happy.

I used to carry a Gerber folding knife before I retired. Don't know which model. Found it on the beach in Georgia when I was on vacation. Nice knife and never even needed to sharpen it, even though it was laying in a tidal pool (salt water) when I found it. I have no idea what happened to it, but I'm sure I probably lost it somewhere.
#18 (permalink)      7/6/2015 4:20:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
Okay, I just got the Mtech Ballistic. The black and gold model on the first page.

As I said, I'm far from a knife expert, but this thing is pretty nice. It's spring assisted, opens pretty easily, (but not too easily) locks up well and has no play at all. It's pretty damn sharp. I can't find any flaws or blemishes anywhere. The blade says 440 stainless steel. It's also very magnetic. I know some stainless steels are magnetic, but I don't know if 440 SS is.

For my uses, packages, tape etc. it's great. I mainly bought it just for it's looks and I'm totally happy with it.

Btw, it has a bottle opener too. :)
#19 (permalink)      7/6/2015 4:56:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
bdpf79 wrote:

Anyone owns or knows the quality of Mtech knifes in general?

They seem to be hit and miss, varying model by model. They're cheap knives made for the tacticool crowd (for the most part from what I've seen) and don't appear to have the same quality control as Sanrenmu (which to be honest seems WAY above par for the money so maybe not a fair comparison) for the most part.

If you see something you like, M-Tech is cheap enough to buy without feeling guilty if it turns out to be crap. Just don't expect any hard use out of it. ;)

#20 (permalink)      7/7/2015 8:34:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
The Tac Force (VV) I ordered is now "Out for delivery". Man I love those 3 words. lol

#21 (permalink)      7/7/2015 1:51:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+2 details
Got the Tac Force (pictured above) today. Again, it's not bad. Pretty sharp out of the box, no slop, no flaws visible.

This one was a little stiff and wouldn't lock up at first, but a bit of oil and opening/closing it 30 ~ 40 times and it now works perfectly. It's obviously made by the same company that made the Mtech. It says 440 Stainless also and the blade is also very magnetic. One reviewer said it's actually high carbon steel and not stainless, but for $9.25 I don't much care what the blade material is. It looks cool and cuts stuff.

If either of them last for a year without breaking, I'll be a happy camper. (If I actually went camping) lol

Btw, I ordered the one with the flashlight. Can someone give me a virtual slap in the head please? :)