Anyone have/heard of a Tac Force Speedster?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      7/10/2015 10:27:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
8steve88 wrote:

I've used Photobucket for years now and it satisfies all my needs, thousands of images (I do a bit of photography) and not a problem.
My storage space has just gone from 2% to 3% full but then I resize the image with PaintShopPro or Photoshop Elements before uploading ~ 600 - 800 pixels width and 100k filesize uploads easily and doesn't slow web pages when loading.
I find that that is enough for good resolution when browsing.

LOL I have no idea what any of that means, but thanks for trying to help. :)

I just need one more flashlight. Just one. Honestly. :D
#42 (permalink)      7/10/2015 10:29:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
Close-up of a Ganzo G712 pivot.

200k file size 600 pixels wide

Edited on 7/10/2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason:
#43 (permalink)      7/10/2015 10:33:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
Basically it means you put a bit of effort in so the files are faster to load, this applies especially if you are trying to look at a page on a mobile phone, the larger the file the slower it will display.
#44 (permalink)      7/11/2015 2:18:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airbagz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3183
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos3263
+1 details
Got the knife/flashlight today. Like the other 2, it's pretty good for the price. No play when it's open, sharp enough for general use, (for me anyway) no flaws that I could find. This one needed no break in at all. It snapped right open the first time, and locks well every time. The parts seem to fit a little better on this one, although they're not that bad on the other 2.

The flashlight works okay for what it is. It swings out to turn it on (by twisting the head) or to replace the batteries. When it's on, you can leave it sticking out or push it back in so it's in line with the blade. It's probably about 7~8 lumens which is enough to see where your going in the dark, but it's no searchlight. It came with batteries in it. I haven't looked, but like other similar lights it probably uses 3 AG3 or LR41 button cells.

If you have any questions about any of them, just ask. :)

edit - The batteries are 3xAG1/LR621 button cells.

Edited on 7/11/2015 at 3:06 PM. Reason:
I just need one more flashlight. Just one. Honestly. :D
#45 (permalink)      2/15/2016 6:29:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
Now I heard of Tac Force Speedster, LOL.

Edited on 2/15/2016 at 6:30 AM. Reason:
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#46 (permalink)      2/15/2016 9:57:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
pewpew wrote:

Now I heard of Tac Force Speedster, LOL.

Just don't cut yourself shaving, it could lead to a sharp report.

#47 (permalink)      2/15/2016 10:48:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
8steve88 wrote:

Just don't cut yourself shaving, it could lead to a sharp report.

I'm afraid I could shave myself in the foot with this one.

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#48 (permalink)      2/16/2016 6:40:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10807
I have a few of the Mtech Extreme fixed blade knives, and from what I've read they all have 440C or equivalent steel, although I'm not a fan of the edge angle on such thick blades. They are fantastic for the price and sturdy as hell. Once you get a good edge, it doesn't dull quickly at all. But those are from the Extreme line - not sure about the regular MTech offerings.

I have liked the looks of a few Tac-Force knives on Amazon, but never pulled the trigger on one. Then, for Christmas, my step-daughter surprised me with this gem of a folder. It's actually pretty awesome, surprisingly so. Solid lockup, smooth action, VERY sharp blade with a stable edge, and actually feels nice in the hand, wears well in the pocket, and has some excellent HR Giger detail.

By the way, MTech and Tac-Force and a couple other budget brands are all designed and commissioned for manufacture in China or Taiwan by the same company called Master Cutlery. Head to that site and you can get a decent idea of what they make, and get a sense of pride they have for their products as well. Doesn't mean they are high end by any means, but it doesn't seem like they have any delusions about what they make. Budget blades that look cool.

Edited on 2/16/2016 at 6:46 PM. Reason:
"Knowing your own darkness is the [my clone is an angry little girl with a period] best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." ~ Jung
#49 (permalink)      2/17/2016 2:43:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
JaffoFL wrote:

I have a few of the Mtech Extreme fixed blade knives, and from what I've read they all have 440C or equivalent steel, although I'm not a fan of the edge angle on such thick blades. They are fantastic for the price and sturdy as hell. Once you get a good edge, it doesn't dull quickly at all. But those are from the Extreme line - not sure about the regular MTech offerings. I have liked the looks of a few Tac-Force knives on Amazon, but never pulled the trigger on one. Then, for Christmas, my step-daughter surprised me with this gem of a folder. It's actually pretty awesome, surprisingly so. Solid lockup, smooth action, VERY sharp blade with a stable edge, and actually feels nice in the hand, wears well in the pocket, and has some excellent HR Giger detail. By the way, MTech and Tac-Force and a couple other budget brands are all designed and commissioned for manufacture in China or Taiwan by the same company called Master Cutlery. Head to that site and you can get a decent idea of what they make, and get a sense of pride they have for their products as well. Doesn't mean they are high end by any means, but it doesn't seem like they have any delusions about what they make. Budget blades that look cool.

I quite like that, the H.R.Giger design is good, there are a few similar but without the Giger design.

Thanks to VasDef for pointing this one out - SKU 3666502

Steampunk/Bauhaus/industrial looking designs. I like. More as affordable display pieces than hard use knives, there again inexpensive enough to buy a couple - one user and one on display.

I have several SRM stonewashed/blackwashed knives but I don't mind the lesser known (to me) brands as well.