Legal carry in SO. CALI ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/24/2015 5:27:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5987
+2 details
There is no 3" max law in California. On school grounds you can only carry a knife of max 2.5 inches.

Except hidden daggers, belt knives, lipstick/hidden/concealed knives, and the above pictured butterfly knives you can open carry just about anything. I have a bowie knife that is completely legal to carry on my belt.

Read here

Edited on 8/24/2015 at 5:31 PM. Reason:
" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#12 (permalink)      8/24/2015 7:22:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
No offense taken , Steve ;) Even if the confusion caused by the laws is not intentional , there is little in the way of official clarification out there, for any of us. It seems to me , that Jeggeda is correct anyway, by all that I have read and watched ,including the vid he suggested. Which, helped me to think that the Ganzo may be legal IF it is not considered a switchblade. I see no 3" law but, it may be that citizens that want to stay within safe margin of the law by defaulting to 3" ? I ascertain so far, that under 4" for otherwise legal types concealed is the law. I read several times that L.A. has stricter laws but didn't pay much attention to those details.
I do appreciate all input folks, thank you, all. I'm still teetering at this point but, all of the food for thought and reminders are helpful, even if to "Flush out" clarity.
Nymzavril, I SO agree, it's bonkers in this so called "Free country" ,too !

I Have a Mora Bushcraft Black to cover any medium weight tasks but, finding a decent pocket knife has been brain racking ! I'll have a look at your further suggestions too, Steve. Thank you ;)
"Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!”
#13 (permalink)      8/24/2015 7:51:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+1 details
I wish they had knock offs of some of the stuff I like.. Got this recently and I'm a big fan of these new super metals CS is using now.. Much better than the old stuff.. Got this one to give my CS 4" lawman a break,, at least that's how I justified it ;)

Cali figured out how to hurt themselves with water recently so small knifes are probably a good idea out there is my guess.. I understand big black balls are the fancy now.. Sorry couldn't resist.. GL in your quest..

Edited on 8/24/2015 at 7:56 PM. Reason:
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#14 (permalink)      8/24/2015 7:58:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
+1 details
Lol! ... " with water..." Leave it to us! Thanks for da luck!
"Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!”
#15 (permalink)      8/24/2015 8:06:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
Black balls... ugh! Yeah, we're doomed.
#16 (permalink)      8/24/2015 8:08:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26261
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21052
+1 details
VapeVixen wrote:

there is little in the way of official clarification out there, for any of us.

If in doubt I would go to the Sheriffs office and ask the Sheriff. I have done that when it comes to gun laws. I figure they will be the ones enforcing so no better place to get the interpretation.

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#17 (permalink)      8/24/2015 8:16:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+1 details
I know with large clear plastic water containers you want to black them out so algae won't grow..

I have never seen this done before with the balls to stop evaporation.. There are 96 million of these balls the tax payers bought so far.. TY for beta testing the concept and hopefully it works out for you guys and gets you through until you get some precipitation out there....
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#18 (permalink)      8/24/2015 9:06:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
Lol, don't mention it, Iggys !

Excellent idea Vapor. I was thinking, it may come to that, to print a few with the specs and take them down there.
#19 (permalink)      8/24/2015 9:09:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
+1 details
^^^ That reminds me of a story I heard , of a guy that received one of those photographed moving violation citations in the mail. He sent them back a photo of the amount of cash to pay it, lol! They sent back a photo of handcuffs. He paid the ticket.
#20 (permalink)      8/24/2015 9:14:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26261
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21052
+1 details
LMAO
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#21 (permalink)      8/24/2015 9:15:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5987
+1 details
big Black balls...
Not to be confused with...

" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White