Legal carry in SO. CALI ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/24/2015 9:15:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5231
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5987
+1 details
big Black balls...
Not to be confused with...

" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#22 (permalink)      8/24/2015 10:01:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21541
+1 details

21510. Every person who does any of the following with a switchblade knife having a blade two or more inches in length is guilty of a misdemeanor: (a) Possesses the knife in the passenger’s or driver’s area of any motor vehicle in any public place or place open to the public. (b) Carries the knife upon the person. (c) Sells, offers for sale, exposes for sale, loans, transfers, or gives the knife to any other person.

Ok, my bad....I see where I somehow got that there were open carry max length law for Cali. Its from seeing "California Legal" autos. But here I see it is 2inches not 3.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#23 (permalink)      8/24/2015 10:15:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26261
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21052
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

21510. Every person who does any of the following with a switchblade knife having a blade two or more inches in length is guilty of a misdemeanor: (a) Possesses the knife in the passenger’s or driver’s area of any motor vehicle in any public place or place open to the public. (b) Carries the knife upon the person. (c) Sells, offers for sale, exposes for sale, loans, transfers, or gives the knife to any other person.

Ok, my bad....I see where I somehow got that there were open carry max length law for Cali. Its from seeing "California Legal" autos. But here I see it is 2inches not 3.

Kinda reads like that is for a switchblade.

Penal code Part 6/Title 3/Division 5 - Defines what is a legal pocket knife and what is illegal, by types, e.g. a switchblade and gravity or ballisong knife(PC 17235). Pocket knives, most likely those would be the folding knives are legal, while switchblades, gravity and ballisong knives are illegal.
PC 16470 - Deals with the street carry laws. Basically, you can not carry a dirk or a dagger, definitions below, and more importantly, can't carry folding knife in open/locked position - ...only if the blade of the knife is exposed and locked into position. Therefore folders, carried closed and concealed are legal. No length limitation.
PC 21510 - deals strictly with switchblades, making it a misdemeanor to carry upon a person, or possess in a car, or in a public place, sell, loan, transfer, give, expose for sale, a switchblade knife.

Cities and towns may have local regulations.

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#24 (permalink)      8/24/2015 10:17:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26261
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21052
+1 details
I am not a lawyer ;)
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#25 (permalink)      8/25/2015 9:57:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21541
+2 details
Vapor wrote:

I am not a lawyer ;)

And therefor you will not be hung tonite.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#26 (permalink)      9/13/2015 6:41:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
angelis808
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos0
If I am correct it is a legal knife in CA but cant say for sure