FT lack of shipping options
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/31/2015 3:36:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdpf79
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 692
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos479
FT lack of shipping options
When I placed a few orders back in May/June, the only 2 available shipping options were HK surface mail (free but 2 months to get here) and Malaysia airmail (about $2/knife).
I placed an order this weekend and selected Malaysia post (which was now free as opposed to a couple of months ago). I received this morning a message saying that Malaysia post is no longer available and my only option is HK surface mail (2 months in transit).

I few weeks ago, I had raised a ticket regarding my concern about the lack of shipping options for knives.
I had mentioned that it would be a good idea for them to re-evaluate their shipping options for knives since I had received a few orders from [removed] via Singapore, Netherlands and Sweden and all arrived without any issues in about 3 weeks, so via airmail.
So a few weeks later, nobody looked into other shipping options and we are reduced to waiting about 2 months in order to get our knives (at least to Canada).

[Removed] has a smaller selection than FT but pretty much all Ganzos and Sanrenmus that they have are cheaper than here and they ship free via airmail.
While I can live with the $1/$2 difference, the difference in shipping time from the typical 3 weeks to close to 2 months makes it hard to justify buying knives here.
While the competitor's CS is pretty awful and I tend to not buy vape gear there, there is also very little risk of something being wrong with the knife and find shopping for knives there a viable option.
The only problem in this particular case is that they don't carry the one I wanted (SKU 1572205)

So I think FT should look into this as there are definitely other options available than HK surface mail.

Mod (jenny) edited on 9/6/2015 at 2:01 AM. Reason: please avoid advertising competitor site
#2 (permalink)      9/3/2015 4:48:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puffdog
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 234
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos143
+1 details
Shipping options for knifes at the moment i cant make any order form Fasttech since any of them isnt reasonable. EMS $30 or sea mai which takes 3 months, no thank you.
As a side note, other stores and sellers are still using hong kong and china airmail with success.

Edited on 9/3/2015 at 4:48 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      9/5/2015 10:38:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChrisMute
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1123
  • Reviews 120
  • Kudos871
If and when someone from staff reads this i would like to point out that Germany still is without an affordable express shipping option...while the shop mentioned above does that even cheaper now.

Thx to Jenny for not answering in my thread in the forums shipping section btw...and i know you've read it because you removed competitors :-)

@bdpf79

Sorry for hijacking your thread!
The problem with with the above is that, from a thermodynamic perspective, a coil is not a bucket.
#4 (permalink)      9/5/2015 11:09:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hooxy
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1186
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos1520
+1 details
Buying knives here is like buying a gun, there has to be a "cooling off" period so you can have a rethink and not go out a stab that person you wanted to.

The names Hoxxy (Typo when registering grrrr), I gave up smoking by vaping, 1yr later I was 0 nic, and now I don't even vape.
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2015 11:32:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Long_tom1
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 834
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos483
+1 details
Could staff look into priority direct mail from Flytexpress(average of 6 days from postage to door) as it's as fast if not faster than ePacket to the UK and they give better tracking and I've had lipo packs sent through so they should accept lithium ion batteries.
Vapin stoopid is just natural selection in progress. Remember no matter where you go there you are.
#6 (permalink)      9/5/2015 12:38:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
$0.10 rebate earned+3 details
FT's shipping options have always been screwy compared to competing sites. I have raised this before but never got a satisfactory answer. FT say X,Y & Z can't ship this and that, yet competing sites use X, Y & Z for shipping those very things. Recently placed a knife order only to find surface mail the only option. I raised the issue in the forums for Jenny to reply along the lines of, oh yeah, we forgot to mention, blah blah blah. If FT keep treating us like c**nts I will shop elsewhere.

Rant over, for now. ;)
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#7 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:04:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
J.P.S
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 188
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos69
+2 details
Had a delivery from [removed] today...Tracking Information
2015-09-02 09:00:00OWE HongKong Sorting Centre Parcel departure in OWE HongKong Sorting Centre, Parcel Departure
2015-09-01 23:00:00OWE Shenzhen Sorting Centre Parcel departure in OWE Shenzhen Sorting Centre, Parcel Departure
2015-08-31 00:00:00Parcel Data Received Data Received
Shipped by British express delivered by yodel ..Not bad at all.

Mod (jenny) edited on 9/6/2015 at 1:45 AM. Reason: please avoid advertising competitor site
Some for YOU-----Some for YOU------- AND LOT'S FOR YOU. It's OK - carry on -I'm just passing around some Sense of Humour
#8 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:35:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
+3 details
Their British Express is good.
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#9 (permalink)      9/6/2015 2:23:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jenny
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3681
+2 details
Hello, bdpf79. We changed the settings for Malaysia Post shipping service recently because shipper informed us that Malaysia Post registered airmail couldn't ship knives any more.

FastTech is seeking for a proper shipping service which could ship knives safe and cheap. But it will takes sometimes for us to find one and assess the service. If we could find an alternative shipping service for batteries, we will surely add it on our website.

Thank you.
I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!
#10 (permalink)      9/6/2015 7:37:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdpf79
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 692
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos479
+1 details
HI Jenny,

Thanks for looking into this.
As mentioned in my original post, I've had knives shipped from a competitor via Singapore, Netherlands and Sweden without any issues and they arrived in 3 weeks so maybe you can start by looking into those.
I've also ordered a couple more knives a couple of weeks ago and these were shipped via China post. I'll update the thread once I get them.
#11 (permalink)      9/8/2015 9:55:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos273
+6 details
I'm sorry to say that after over 100 knives bought from FastTech I will not be buying any more.
If the shipping options change to a more convenient option than 60 - 90 days via surface mail or stupidly expensive airmail then I will continue to buy from this site, other sites ship without problems as do Ali.
The site that has the Best Gear is looking like it will get my custom from now on.
By the way I just cancelled a $100 plus birthday order from you because I couldn't get shipping free or reasonable.