[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Rip-Off Knife Shipping :(
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#61 (permalink)      12/1/2015 7:35:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50868
+2 details
@Nymza

Just googled the Banshee. Gets nice reviews:

Your middle name isn't Terry, is it?
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#62 (permalink)      12/1/2015 2:35:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
marlon62
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos2
I checked twice , there is not EMS by me ,only free shipping for couple goods and knife among them ! Requested shipment to Central Europe ( Poland )
#63 (permalink)      12/1/2015 3:04:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+2 details
My secret identity has been revealed. Damn. This is me really.

Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#64 (permalink)      12/1/2015 3:19:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
What about a pointed stick?
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#65 (permalink)      12/1/2015 3:37:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50868
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#66 (permalink)      12/2/2015 3:55:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
horst.the.worst wrote:

@8steve88:

My last order with FT was on Feb. 11th, bought only 4 knives since then (all from GreaseBreast), and I think I'll quit buying knives for a while.
Except any knives designed by Chad Los Banos, of course.^^
I should receive a Böker Plus M-Type soon.

(damn, I need that gif on my letter box^^)

The Greased Breast that you speak of has had very poor results for me.

Chad Los Banos sometimes posts on the British Blades forum, seems like a genuine guy. I like a lot of his designs but they are a bit on the costly side, excellent fit/finish on the ones I've seen.

I've just put an Enlan EL-01B in my shopping cart and noticed that there is some text on a green background that proclaims "Shipping:Free Worldwide Shipping" but only EMS comes up as an option.

I have seen on the forty thieves website an all black EL-01 with Boker Magnum branding, I was looking for a cheaper option to the Boker Plus Nano 42. The seller listed them under the name of Mugnum, They are the best finish ans flipping ability of any EL-01 that I've ever had, better even than the Boker Magnum A-Stan, a very nice EL-01 re-branded by Boker, if you want one go for the Mugnum - you won't be disapointed, a friend of mine bought one and his is superb as well.

#67 (permalink)      12/2/2015 9:32:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neo71665
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2189
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos1456
Nymzavril wrote:

I know it's only Böker Magnum, but this (Sgian Dubh) is a very elegant wee beastie in the flesh, for not much money at all. I bought mine for use as an athame, but it's lived on my night stand since I got it.

Damn you, now I have a new knife to shop for. Since you own one how thin is the point? Is it usable or like the old cold steel sgian dubh where is so thin you breath on it and it folds over. I made the mistake of trying to use the cold steel one as my knife when I wear a kilt and the tip is all screwed up from just normal use now.

My opinions are my own. If you disagree with them please take a big healthy crap in your hands and give yourself a round of applause.
#68 (permalink)      12/3/2015 1:45:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Powerman
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos8
How informative

BS
#69 (permalink)      12/14/2015 5:03:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
StuartMyers
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos3
So after waiting 3 weeks for an order to come in stock, i've just been informed

"Sorry to inform you that EMS cannot ship knives any more due to the recent stricter security checking. We find there are knives in your order.

Would you like to take out all the knives and refund you and get the rest items reshipped via EMS?

Or do you agree with us to ship your whole order via Swiss Post which takes about 15-25 business days to deliver? And we will refund you the EMS charge in this case. But we cannot promise a 100% successful delivery.

Please let us know your decision. Thank you."

Complete pisstake.
#70 (permalink)      12/14/2015 1:35:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
+1 details
StuartMyers wrote:

So after waiting 3 weeks for an order to come in stock, i've just been informed

"Sorry to inform you that EMS cannot ship knives any more due to the recent stricter security checking. We find there are knives in your order.

Would you like to take out all the knives and refund you and get the rest items reshipped via EMS?

Or do you agree with us to ship your whole order via Swiss Post which takes about 15-25 business days to deliver? And we will refund you the EMS charge in this case. But we cannot promise a 100% successful delivery.

Please let us know your decision. Thank you."

Complete pisstake.

At least it's offering a solution.
I have had good results from Swiss Post, but others haven't. You just have to risk it.

#71 (permalink)      12/15/2015 8:31:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdpf79
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 692
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos479
I don't get it.
When I add a knife to my cart, the only option available is EMS ($27), no Swiss post for me.