Knife bargains ? Post here
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:36:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Moosgummi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50866
+3 details
I bought this one a while ago SKU 1724208. Lots of umph...

Unfortunately I was not able to buy knives here for a long time, because of missing shipping options. Apparantly this has changed. Just checked - I can get free delivery with HK post now. Yay! I guess that news drowned in all them troll posts and passed me by...
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#12 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:38:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+3 details
SKU 1724200

Nice little box cutter. The clip is hardened but has holes drilled through it, so it is a bit fragile. Other than that the knife is pretty tough. I cut through two Sterilite storage tubs (the big plastic tubs with lids) to make two large litter boxes for my cats like they were nothing. Removed the top rims of both and cut an entry for the cats and the knife was still sharp. It has also been used for breaking down boxes and such as well. The one I bought didn't have a can opener, so I guess it's just something on the newer models. Still, it is a nice little work horse... within reason of course! I wouldn't go trying to pry with or break through concrete with it. lol
#13 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:43:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
+4 details
Going through my buying history. Here's another that I use often. Nice hollow ground blade and belly. SKU 1822204
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#14 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:43:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
+1 details
DefMunky wrote:

SKU 1755600

My favorite EDC. I normally like drop points and didn't think I'd like the point in this one, but I absolutely love this little knife! The sharp point is extremely handy on an EDC type knife. It's also a flicker, which is something I love as it makes the knife more fun for me. lol Currently it is on my desk at home waiting for me to fix the clip as it got caught and bent, otherwise it would be clipped to my right hand front pocket. It's thin and small enough to stay out of the way.



Yeah, I'm a big fan of drop points but I will try a tanto at some of these prices, nothing to lose and I can give them to workmates if I don't get on with them.

Moosgummi wrote:

I bought this one a while ago SKU 1724208. Lots of umph...

Unfortunately I was not able to buy knives here for a long time, because of missing shipping options. Apparantly this has changed. Just checked - I can get free delivery with HK post now. Yay! I guess that news drowned in all them troll posts and passed me by...



I missed out on the "Buck" folder because of the knife restriction a while back. Gutted.



I wonder if this thread will get trolled because of it's 'sharp' wit....no?....sorry


Edited on 2/22/2016 at 5:56 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#15 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:48:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+2 details
gph61 wrote:

Going through my buying history. Here's another that I use often. Nice hollow ground blade and belly. SKU 1822204


SKU 2142900 for the larger version with G10 handles. Excellent big knife, built like a tank, with the same wide ass blade and thin, SHARP cutting edge thanks to the hollow grind.

#16 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:49:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
+2 details
Pssst....hey...don't look now but the troll threads are sinking to the bottom of the page !
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#17 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:53:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
+1 details
The long since discontinued poliwog. There's 3 sizes and they're all useful in their own right. Solid knives that feel like you could carve logs with them. This is the middle size

SKU 1678411
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#18 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:54:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
DefMunky wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Going through my buying history. Here's another that I use often. Nice hollow ground blade and belly. SKU 1822204
SKU 2142900 for the larger version with G10 handles. Excellent big knife, built like a tank, with the same wide ass blade and thin, SHARP cutting edge thanks to the hollow grind.



Hmm, very similar to SKU 1605700 but at nearly half the price....

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#19 (permalink)      2/22/2016 5:54:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ultramagnetic
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 496
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos1241
+2 details
These sort of threads are dangerous to my wallet. Already wishlisted 3.

SKU 1593201 has served me well for the past 6 months, anodizing has worn a bit but I keep it on my keyring so to be expected. Almost disposable at that price anyway. The leverage is excellent for a 40g knife.
#20 (permalink)      2/22/2016 6:00:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
+3 details
Ultramagnetic wrote:

These sort of threads are dangerous to my wallet. Already wishlisted 3.

SKU 1593201 has served me well for the past 6 months, anodizing has worn a bit but I keep it on my keyring so to be expected. Almost disposable at that price anyway. The leverage is excellent for a 40g knife.



Yeah, I can hear the conversation right now,

"So you spent £100 on a Chinese knife?"

"No, I spent £100 on 13 Chinese knives"

"Give me your joint account debit card now or I will use all of them on you"


Edited on 2/22/2016 at 6:01 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#21 (permalink)      2/22/2016 6:07:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Moosgummi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50866
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

Pssst....hey...don't look now but the troll threads are sinking to the bottom of the page !

Don't mention the war!

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd